Goodbye Jesus

They Are Heeeeeere!

Thurisaz

Yesterday, when I took a walk through what my place calls "downtown" and passed that kinda suspicious "christian bookstore"...

...the words of one of the pieces in the showcase somehow caught my eye. And as I turned my head to read...

"...a critical review of evolution"

*CLICK*

*WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!*

*collapses in front of the store, foaming at the mouth*

Some time ago I had checked out that store and found it to be basically okay... christian but not morontheist-oriented. But now...

...suffice it to say that I keep thinking about where to get the best bricks to smash the window in with, and a canister of cheap gas to... oh well... you know what I mean. :Hmm:

Bummer! We recently had a Christian Science Reading Room open across the street from my work. I haven't noticed too much traffic so I'm hopeful that they will close sooner rather than later. And forget about much of a selection of anti-religious (can't come up with a proper term right now, brain freeze) books at my local book store. I'm finding most have to be ordered on line. I'll be surprised if they carry Letter to a Christian Nation which is one of the books I want to read when I find some extra time.

And as I turned my head to read...

Could it be, that you're just afraid that you may learn something from them? :scratch:

:HaHa:

Welcome to the U.S.A.

As always, when trying desperately to justify unjustifiable belief, Christians can't help but attempt to deconstruct evolution.

I bet that nowhere in that book will you find a single sentence that actually addresses the theory of evolution. I know of absolute no apologist who is actually capable of confronting the theory of evolution. Their first recourse, is always... ALWAYS... to start with a strawman.

And forget about much of a selection of anti-religious (can't come up with a proper term right now, brain freeze) books at my local book store. I'm finding most have to be ordered on line. I'll be surprised if they carry Letter to a Christian Nation which is one of the books I want to read when I find some extra time.

I've found it at both Borders and Barnes and Noble, althought I had to really hunt at Barnes and Noble. Found it in the Philosophy section along with a couple of other atheist titles. It's really pathetic how frightened these places are of the fundamentalist backlash if they actually stock a full section of Atheist/Agnostic literature.

We have a healthy rivalry in town between Chapters (national big-box bookstore) and McNally Robinson, a family-run store.

The latter, although the smaller store, is far superior at importing specialty books in reasonable time. It also has a six-bookcase alphabetical section of philosophy at one end of the store and religion and New Age titles in a large section on the other side. Spong, Bertrand Russell, Sam Harris all in stock and in plain sight. (In fact, when The End of Faith came out in paperback it was in the weekly features section up by the cash.)

Could it be, that you're just afraid that you may learn something from them? :scratch:

Heeeere, kittykitty, heeeere kittykitty... I know where there's one fat mouse waiting to become your snack... :fdevil:

Welcome to the U.S.A.

Aye, almost feels like that. :Hmm:

Heeeere, kittykitty, heeeere kittykitty... I know where there's one fat mouse waiting to become your snack... :fdevil:

Hey, hey now... For your information, I've lost about 20 pounds within the past few weeks. :Hmm:

So I'm not all that fat now. :phew:

:lmao:

Hee hee!

Hey, hey now... For your information, I've lost about 20 pounds within the past few weeks. :Hmm:

So I'm not all that fat now. :phew:

Good for you. :) Although I'd think a 20-pound mouse would be rather large. Having fun running on that exercise wheel? ;)

Good for you. :) Although I'd think a 20-pound mouse would be rather large. Having fun running on that exercise wheel? ;)

:mellow:

Actually, the weight is just coming off. I think it has something to do with my work schedule change and eating habit change within the past month or so. :shrug:

Yesterday, when I took a walk through what my place calls "downtown" and passed that kinda suspicious "christian bookstore"...

...the words of one of the pieces in the showcase somehow caught my eye. And as I turned my head to read...

*CLICK*

*WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!*

*collapses in front of the store, foaming at the mouth*

Is this a German owned business, or are the American Christian bookstores invading Europe now? Do they seem to get many customers? I always figured that evangelical/fundamentalist thought had a harder time of taking root in secular Europe.

Some time ago I had checked out that store and found it to be basically okay... christian but not morontheist-oriented. But now...

...suffice it to say that I keep thinking about where to get the best bricks to smash the window in with, and a canister of cheap gas to... oh well... you know what I mean. :Hmm:

Be careful...if they are fundies, they're paranoid enough as it is. They'll scream "Persecution" at the top of their lungs, even if you speak in jest (as I know you are). :wink:

Welcome to the U.S.A.

Aye, almost feels like that. :Hmm:

Sorry about such a late response

BUT

:lol::lol::lol:

:68:

Welcome to the club

Is this a German owned business, or are the American Christian bookstores invading Europe now? Do they seem to get many customers? I always figured that evangelical/fundamentalist thought had a harder time of taking root in secular Europe.

Good question. Will the lady at the counter tell me who owns the place if I ask her? Does she even know or care? :scratch:

I think I found the info somewhere that the store is sponsored by local cults, which would probably make them run on German bucks.