Woman In Court Over Satanic Ritual

Jun

Woman in court over church goat slaughter

October 30, 2006 04:23pm

A WOMAN accused of killing a goat during an alleged satanic ritual has faced a Brisbane court.

Police found the body of a beheaded goat in a church at Bellbowrie in the city's west two weeks ago.

Tracey Lee Arnold, 25, faced the Brisbane Magistrates Court this morning charged with entering premises (trespass), stealing an animal and killing an animal.

Ms Arnold, of Corporoo, was not required to enter a plea and was bailed to reappear in the same court in January.

Her co-accused, a 27-year-old man, is due to face court tomorrow.

When I lived in Cleveland, there was a famous market called the West Side Market, near my home. One butcher there kept a skinned goat head on prominent display outside of his butchery stand. Quite grotesque.

Doesn't seem like a whole lot of difference between the two incidents, other than the first had religious underpinnings and the second was a daily thing with a new goat head every day (presumably).

So, what's sick, the religious persecution, or the fact that it involved the slaughter of a goat?

So, what's sick, the religious persecution, or the fact that it involved the slaughter of a goat?

The fact that it involved the slaughter of a goat.

The main problem here is that it wasn't her goat.

That I would tend to agree with. To the goat, a slaughter is a slaughter, be it in satanic ritual or for human consumption. I don't think either was less cruel.

This reminds me of when some teens took the pigs head from a whole pig roast, put sunglasses on it, a cigarette in it's mouth and left it in the middle of a grocery store parking lot. The police came and crime scene taped the parking lot, took all kinds of pictures, and combed the parking lot for evidence of ritual abuse, thinking the pig may have been satanically sacrificed.

There are some religions that involve animal sacrifice (really weird superstitious ones), but, as far as I know, Satanism isn't one of them, unless these people are making up there own brand of Satanism.

There are some religions that involve animal sacrifice (really weird superstitious ones), but, as far as I know, Satanism isn't one of them, unless these people are making up there own brand of Satanism.

If you are talking about LeVey Satanism, no, they don't sacrifice animals or promote the sacrifice of animals. But there have always been cults and crazys over the years sacrificing things to Satan.

The fact a goat was stolen and slaughtered inside a building that belonged to somebody else. Somebody's going to have to clean that mess up. YUCK!

Actually the main problem is whether ANY living thing should be "sacrificed" to any imaginary deity for any reason.

That I would tend to agree with. To the goat, a slaughter is a slaughter, be it in satanic ritual or for human consumption. I don't think either was less cruel.

I believe killing an animal and then wasting the meat is immoral, personally. To just kill something ... ugh. Not that I could kill anything, even for meat. I should be a vegetarian.

I don't see where you're getting this "REELIGEUS PERSUKYUUSHUN" crap.

She's on trial for theft, animal cruelty, and criminal trespass. Which are crimes. The "why" doesn't matter, only the "what".

Would you be whining about "religious persecution" if a Christian was put on trial for bludgeoning someone with a crucifix? No? Didn't think so.

Why is it the justice system goes out of thier way to prosecute satanists over sacrificing animals, but when it comes to a fundy killing a child through ritualistic abuse the trial drags on until the abuser gets a slap on the wrist? I wonder what's going on with that nutty fundy Paddock woman ( who beat her foster son to death as she got advice from a xtian child rearing book) as I haven't read any new posts of what is going on in her trial for six months. It makes me sick when the media is all getting us panicked over "sanatic abuse" and I never hear of any television news stories about fundies abusing thier kids. I know from experience that there's more child abuse and animal cruelity going on in xtian communities than there is in those of athiests and other religions.