Goodbye Jesus

Ok Now How Many People Here Are From California?

Cracked

I got this from other threads and I am really curious how many people are from California?

Plus I am curious how many people think that Californias central valley is a shit hole?

I got this from other threads and I am really curious how many people are from California?

Plus I am curious how many people think that California's central valley is a shit hole?

Fresno has improved quite a bit..... but it's still the arm pit of Calif. And do you know why us from Northern Calif. stopped protesting about out water going to souther Calif.? We don't want them coming up here! :eek:

From Riverside. Never been to the Central Valley but the Inland Empire has its bad points too (summer heat, too many megachurches)

I'm in San Francisco and, true to form, rarely leave the city. Christ, I rarely leave my 'hood other than to go to work.

So sad. :) hehehehehe

My wife grew up in Redondo Beach and did her PhD work at UC Riverside. I guess that makes me a Californian-in-law.

Fresno has improved quite a bit..... but it's still the arm pit of Calif. And do you know why us from Northern Calif. stopped protesting about out water going to souther Calif.? We don't want them coming up here! :eek:

:HaHa: That's a good one. I will have to tell my friends that one.

I have never lived in Fresno but Modesto sucks. I have also lived in Champaign IL, Phoenix AZ, Las Vegas NV and Mineral wells Texas(All are better than Modesto :grin: )

I'm in San Francisco and, true to form, rarely leave the city. Christ, I rarely leave my 'hood other than to go to work.

So sad. :) hehehehehe

I just went tune fishing out of Monterey for a couple of days.......I did not want to come back to Modesto :HappyCry:

I am a native Southern Californian, born in Santa Monica and lived in and around LA (Westwood, Encino, Beverly Hills, etc) for a good part of my life. Although I don't live in Cali at the moment, I have driven 5 and 99 many many times from LA to no cali (my family is now in n. cali). And I have to say yes, the central valley is a shithole. :HaHa:

Born and raised in Hemet. Moved to Huntington Beach for a time and now I'm in Riverside. My sister lives up by Sacramento so I've made the trip there a few times and some of my wife's family lives up by Fresno so I've had to go to there a couple of times as well. I could go the rest of my life without seeing the middle of the state again and die a happy man. :)

mwc

From Riverside. Never been to the Central Valley but the Inland Empire has its bad points too (summer heat, too many megachurches)
Hmmm.....now..... just where is this Crystal Cathederal thing? :grin: But I know what you're talking about.... parking lots the size of those at shopping malls. Sad.

I have never lived in Fresno but Modesto sucks. I have also lived in Champaign IL, Phoenix AZ, Las Vegas NV and Mineral wells Texas(All are better than Modesto :grin: )
I'm stuck in Bootjack. :grin:

Hmmm.....now..... just where is this Crystal Cathederal thing? But I know what you're talking about.... parking lots the size of those at shopping malls. Sad.

That's in Anaheim. Here it's Harvest and Grove, the latter just built a new church with giant athletic fields and with a restaurant and bookstore at the corner. EWwwww. I agree that it is very sad. There is nothing, nothing spiritual about those churches, just a hardline "you're a sinner, we're all sinners. we need to pray to Jesus and save as many other people as we can" baloney.

That's in Anaheim. Here it's Harvest and Grove, the latter just built a new church with giant athletic fields and with a restaurant and bookstore at the corner. EWwwww. I agree that it is very sad. There is nothing, nothing spiritual about those churches, just a hardline "you're a sinner, we're all sinners. we need to pray to Jesus and save as many other people as we can" baloney.
Don't forget your 10% tithe. They demand that from everyone there. An old friend of mine, living on disability, was asked not to come back because he didn't donate enough. Those book stores, diners, athletic fields, etc are there so that your whole life can, and should, revolve around that church. People get sucked in.

Yet another Inland Empire Californian here.

Not from California, like quite a few OTHER people that live here, but I have been here nearly 8 years now.

Having driven to the Central Valley a time or two, yep, it pretty much sucks. My older sister-in-law, who I don't like, lives in Santa Maria. You know, Michael Jackson's trial was there, his ranch is close by, that automatically makes it a shithole, IMHO.

There's a freakin' megachurch just down the road from me. They've done a big build-up, and now it has a school, and a football field, and all kinds of crap.

It's too hot here in the summertime, but I appreciate the temperate weather come winter!

There's a freakin' megachurch just down the road from me. They've done a big build-up, and now it has a school, and a football field, and all kinds of crap.

uh, Ms. K, isn't that the definition of living in south-county Rivco? Seems like the church-to-populace ratio is especially high there. Although, I have heard that a temple to human sexuality (you know, adult toys) has gone in as well, over much opposition.

uh, Ms. K, isn't that the definition of living in south-county Rivco? Seems like the church-to-populace ratio is especially high there. Although, I have heard that a temple to human sexuality (you know, adult toys) has gone in as well, over much opposition.

From what I understand, there are now not just one, but TWO adult toy stores in the area. One, Lotions and Lace, I've been to, and bought stuff from, but the other one I'm not sure where it even is. I've heard somewhere in Murrieta, which surprises me, given the stick-up-the-ass, oh NOES, we might ENJOY SEX, attitudes around here.

I love it. I love buying new toys! I love looking for new toys, and I love Lotions and Lace, which is staffed by women, and is very female-friendly, so you don't feel like every perv in the area, who's headed for the back rooms with the adult movies playing, is staring at your boobs.

Oh, and the megachurch? Is not the only one in the area, as I'm sure you're well aware. Southwest County is inundated with them. It sucks, you can't swing a cat without hitting an overzealous Xian fundowhackjob.

I've got a family of Libertarian Pagan Goths I know down Wildomar way and they know where that other shop is. I'll try to ask them. Yep, they are some characters, but they're pretty okay-- if you don't mind snakes... probably why I've known them almost three years and still haven't worked up the courage to go down there... DD owns about a dozen of them as... PETS!

I live in northern Cal now but was born in Fontana and lived 10 years in Upland/Ontario (Inland Empire), San Bernardino county. Too crowded and smoggy. I lived at the base of Mt. Baldy, a 10,000 foot mountain, and couldn't see it most days because of the smog. I moved to the Oregon coast in 1979, got tired of being unemployed, so moved to northern Cal in 1983 and have been here ever since.

About 10 years ago, I went on a business trip to Orange County, a Bible Belt area in California if there ever was one, with megachurches like the Crystal Catherdral and Melodyland Xian Center and apartment complexes that have so many xian residents that they have on-site buybull studies, and was amazed to see in the local paper a bunch of ads for "private dancers". Say what?

The company I work for has a large office in Bakersfield, ick, at the southern end of the Central Valley. I've been there twice in the past few years and, sorry to say, it truly is the armpit of California. If, for some reason, I would have to relocate there for job purposes, I would consider it purgatory and would get back to northern Cal or some other pretty place as soon as I could.

Hey I live in Bakersfield !!!!

But I agree with what you say it is a shitty little town. Where I live there are 6 churchs down my street alone. The armpit of California ( not really there is worse when you head towards Tehachipi. Not all Bakersfield is bad (there are pockets) of where it is bad and good.

Funny on one of the rich side of town (Rosedale) for those who know what I am talking about. It looks rich and fancy but there is a bridge you go over it and welcome to trailer trash. Not many know that part of town like that.

The Christian Fundy Level - Moderate

It is not too high but it can get heated sometimes.

I've got a family of Libertarian Pagan Goths I know down Wildomar way and they know where that other shop is. I'll try to ask them. Yep, they are some characters, but they're pretty okay-- if you don't mind snakes... probably why I've known them almost three years and still haven't worked up the courage to go down there... DD owns about a dozen of them as... PETS!

*full body shudder*

I can't handle snakes, no way, just doesn't work for me....but as long as I don't have to be around the snakes, we're good!

Yep, irrational fear, yes, I should be able to control it, but fuggedaboudit. Can't do it.

However, I would LOVE to know where the other one is!

I live in the OC but I love to visit LA when I can. As a friend of mine likes to say "The OC is chock full of redneck Republican immigrants from the South who hide thier racists and anti Democratic agendas under a filthy rich glamourous exterior." This friend of mine is a Liberal Catholic and gets a lot of shit from her Republican family when she says this. As I know some really cool Liberals from L.A. I wish I could move there, but the cost of living in L.A. County is so prohibitive to me right now. My family wil be moving into a trailer park soon as we cannot afford the rent of the house we are living in at the moment and apartments here costs about as much as they do in L.A..