Goodbye Jesus

Jerry And Charlene's Brain Washing Clinic

Georgia Lass

I hope nobody believes this junk. :jerkit:

www.realityresources.com

Jerry and Charlene Leach co-direct an international ministry to those afflicted with gender identity confusion, homosexuality, and sexual addiction. They have experienced first-hand what it takes to obtain freedom and remain free of unhealthy behavior and its root causes.

Charlene offers the unique perspective of a wife who has responded to her husband's sexual brokenness.

Both Jerry and Charlene are well known authorities on the subject of sexual brokenness. They have shared with audiences throughout England, Norway and the United States. They have also taught by radio, television, and the national conferences of Exodus International.

It seems very apropros that their last name is Leach.

Dan Savage is a gay guy who writes an amusing and perverse sex-advice column called "Savage Love" which is published every week in Village Voice and several other papers. I like his advice on how to instantly shut up a fundie who claims that so-called ex-gay ministries work. "Just ask, would you want your daughter to marry one?"

Sexual brokenness - say what??? Is it really broken or just limp? :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember being prayed for once. I didn,t know whether I was going to start thrashing around on the floor hissing like a snake, or whatever as some pastors had said that had happened to others. I think the fundies thought homosexuality was caused by an evil spirit.

Anyway this guy prayed for me (something like the following), "oh Lord we bring this guy before you and dare not even speak before you of the thing afflicting him...etc etc..." Others had their hands on me and were praying. Did I manifest a demon? No. An incredible peace decended on me, like a cloak. The feeling I had was like "It's ok". Totally surprised me. I felt inside that I was ok the way I was. Maybe Jehovah had a day off that day and love took over.

Anyone else had any experiences of being prayed for?

I hope nobody believes this junk. :jerkit:

www.realityresources.com

Charlene offers the unique perspective of a wife who has responded to her husband's sexual brokenness.

What perspective, exteme frustration?

This guy must be the worst screw the world has ever known!

I'm not surprised his wife has so much energy to go running off all over the place.

I remember being prayed for once. I didn,t know whether I was going to start thrashing around on the floor hissing like a snake, or whatever as some pastors had said that had happened to others. I think the fundies thought homosexuality was caused by an evil spirit.

Anyway this guy prayed for me (something like the following), "oh Lord we bring this guy before you and dare not even speak before you of the thing afflicting him...etc etc..." Others had their hands on me and were praying. Did I manifest a demon? No. An incredible peace decended on me, like a cloak. The feeling I had was like "It's ok". Totally surprised me. I felt inside that I was ok the way I was. Maybe Jehovah had a day off that day and love took over.

Anyone else had any experiences of being prayed for?

Not only was I prayed over, but I've also been in an ex-gay therapy group.

I grew up believing that being gay was the WORST possible thing you could ever be. My brother and my mother actually told me that they would drown me in the bathtub if I ever became gay(My mom totally denies this now, but she knows damn well that she said it). That was when I was 12. So I started reading books about how to be converted from "The spirit" or homosexuality and etc...etc...I used to stay up nights praying for my feelings to go away; and I nearly went in sane trying to repress my feelings.

To this day I have no really close male friends because I was so scared I would have a crush on them...

So, when I was around 18(after I tried to do the suicide thing), I had my youth group pray over me. I literally had all of their grubby hands over every square inch of my body...And they were all praying, crying, and shouting to god to remove the spirit. At first I thought I was going to turn green, writhe around like a snake, and spit pea soup...But nothing happened. So I sorta thought, "Okay, maybe god has healed me now..."

Well, it did not work because I still had a huge crush on one of my friends who was not female...

Then a couple of years later, when I left home for school, I actually went to an ex-gay ministry, of my own volition.

They basically tell you to pray, stop masturbating, and whenever you see an attractive member of the same gender that arouses you go and Pray some more. All we did was pray. We didn't watch television or anything. And I could only fraternize with the lesbians. No one of the same sex was permitted to hang out (wouldn't that be the litmus test to see if it actually worked?).

Basically they try and make you asexual. It is a real mind job that completely destroys your self esteem and makes you hate who you are.

So, when I left, I figured I was cured(I wasn't)... I started going on dates with girls just to make everyone happy. I liked them all, but I didn't LIKE LIKE them...

So I kept praying and praying for the next year or so...Then I realized I was spending the majority of my life praying for something that would NEVER happened. So I just said, "Fuck it, I'm gay." Now, with alot of therapy to undo the damage that ex-gay therapy and my family's and Christianity's influence wrought I view all that stuff as a really bad memory...

So fuck all of those christians who think being gay is a blight on the ass of humanity. You are the ones that are fucked up, and I wish that none of you were able to bear children. You don't deserve any goddamn kids. I don't see why any gay person would ever want to be a Christian. I guess it is some need to be apart and maintain some "normalcy."

Fuck TBN and Fuck Exodus(the ministry I attended through my church)... :loser: