Goodbye Jesus

Deist, Theist, Agnostic, And Atheist

R. S. Martin

I believe the true agnostic has done the homework, thought through the arguments, and concludes that it is not possible to make a definitive statement either way.

I've posted disclaimers every two or three posts. And since I haven't made a definitive statement either way, in fact avoided doing so at least on that issue, perhaps I have thoght the argument through, as far as possible, however far possible is, at any rate.

Shit.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• Jun

• R. S. Martin

• The Paineful Truth

Is it illogical to say that you don't know if a God exists?
No, but it is illogical to say that you know that a god does exist.
Where does this come from?
The extreme lack of any evidence that a god might exist and the obvious fact that gods are only found in our various mythologies or based on gods found in those mythologies.
When have I ever come close to even implying that I know that God exists? I scream from the rafters that I'm an agnostic. What more can I do?
Where in my reply did I accuse you of being a believer?
This is in response to L & F as well.

I ask again, where does that come from?

Why do you make the false assumption that it was aimed at you? It was a reply to something you said, but the reply - AS IS PROPER IN THIS TYPE OF FORUM - addressed to the forum and not to a specific individual. By addressing the forum instead of a person one minimizes the personal attacks. But it seems that some will take it as an attack anyway. :shrug:

I believe the true agnostic has done the homework, thought through the arguments, and concludes that it is not possible to make a definitive statement either way.

I've posted disclaimers every two or three posts. And since I haven't made a definitive statement either way, in fact avoided doing so at least on that issue, perhaps I have thoght the argument through, as far as possible, however far possible is, at any rate.

Shit.

"As far as possible" is probably not the same for everybody. With the passing of time you will probably get deeper insights, too.

Hopefully with time you will get peace around the issue. Right now it seems you are struggling. That is the way life is--times of peace and times of struggle.