Goodbye Jesus

Dolphin May Have 'remains' Of Legs

Amethyst

Why does Slam's ID change over to jbthree on the last page or two of this thread? It's not like his inability to use the quote function wasn't confusing enough!

I'm thinking he probably forgot his password so he just created a new user. I mean, how hard is to to remember "thickasabrick" as a password?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slamdunk

• Antlerman

• Legion

• neverclear5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[slam] My God doesn't get "mad" at his children,. BTW, thunder is the voice of God.

"He sends his lightening...to the ends of the earth. After it a voice roars: He thunders with his majestic voice...God thunders marvelously with his voice." (Job 37:3-5)

When science explains lightening and thunder, all they're doing is explaining God speaking. If only science would give God the glory, they would accomplish so much more.

um, guys........... I think you'll find that this is where we should have stopped bothering to talk with him. Clearly if we prove evolution without a shadow of a doubt he will say ahhhhh, but thats HOW god made everything. I think the discussion is over.

[slam] My God doesn't get "mad" at his children,. BTW, thunder is the voice of God.

"He sends his lightening...to the ends of the earth. After it a voice roars: He thunders with his majestic voice...God thunders marvelously with his voice." (Job 37:3-5)

When science explains lightening and thunder, all they're doing is explaining God speaking. If only science would give God the glory, they would accomplish so much more.

um, guys........... I think you'll find that this is where we should have stopped bothering to talk with him. Clearly if we prove evolution without a shadow of a doubt he will say ahhhhh, but thats HOW god made everything. I think the discussion is over.

Yes, I had caught this too and that's why I "slam dunked" him. There was no point in discussing anything with someone who is so non-critical in his thinking. He's gone now and I doubt he'll be back.

Edit: I actually wouldn't have an issue with someone who sees some over-arching "purpose" to nature, as that is not something that science addresses. But where I have the problem is in the denial of credible science because they can't reconcile their religious beliefs with it. That's intellectual dishonesty, and what Slam was all about here.

I counted 5 quotes from Stephen Jay Gould in that list of 80 quotes. Again I pointed out before how Evolution Deniers are famous for misquoting, taking out of context, or misapplying the words of scientists to falsely support their own pseudo-science. This is a fact that Stephen Jay Gould himself pointed out. I quoted HIS words about this to you, and yet you continue to misrepresent him. Slam, this is why people are questioning your intergrety, and your honesty. This is not just an error you made, it's an error that was pointed out to you by the words of Gould himself, and despite that you ignore it and keep quoting him.

Antlerman has been gracious here. Slam I understand and can even empathize with your delusions, but when you resort to lies, trickery, and spin in order to prop up your myth system you become something quite different from just your average deluded Christian; you become a liar and an asshole on the highest level. I feel no ill regard for Christians in general, but for your particular breed I feel utter contempt. Thanks for not coming back here.

[slam] I think I'm on to something. Get rid of the "fools." "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God." (Ps. 14:1)

I'm not saying throw away the tools of science. Readjust the thinking behind their use. Use the telescope to see the glory of God in heaven (Ps. 19:1). Use the microscope to see the same glory in the greatest example of intelligent design know to man. Use paleontological tools to uncover what was destroyed in a global flood. We all use the same tools but see different things. I explained above why I believe evolutionists see what isn't there.

What a dumbass. And yes, you are only worthy of an ad hom response.

Edit: I actually wouldn't have an issue with someone who sees some over-arching "purpose" to nature, as that is not something that science addresses. But where I have the problem is in the denial of credible science because they can't reconcile their religious beliefs with it. That's intellectual dishonesty, and what Slam was all about here.

point.

I just find it annoying when the story changes so often. In England people have accepted evolution as the overwhelmingly likely truth, so they just adjusted their belief to say that this bit is just figurative or something and the rest is the real word of God. Thankfully evolution deniers are a serious rarity here.

point.

I just find it annoying when the story changes so often. In England people have accepted evolution as the overwhelmingly likely truth, so they just adjusted their belief to say that this bit is just figurative or something and the rest is the real word of God. Thankfully evolution deniers are a serious rarity here.

It is annoying, but I do enjoy pointing it out to christians. They claim to have The Truth, yet they can't even figure out what truth they believe. At least they are willing to change some, I mean, we ex-christians are just christians that have changed what we believe to be true, right? ;)

Kinda back to the original topic (you know, the dolphin with the "legs"), has anyone heard or seen anything since the original press release? I haven't heard about any of the tests they were supposedly going to run. I'm interested in seeing x-rays, or at least reading a description.