Goodbye Jesus

Confessions Of A Pastor's Kid - It Was Hell!

Amelia

While religious fundamentalism may not be leaving anytime soon, I at least take comfort in the fact that we can outlaw spouse and child abuse.

Hey Fonkey,

Exactly! I agree. At least the law is against spouse and child abuse. I guess for me when I was growing up with the abuse, it was very hard for me to get help, even if I wanted it. I mean, there are two options really: 1. put up with the abuse; or 2. report it to police and authorities and be taken away from all of your family and familiar environment, which is really, really scary, even for a kid who is copping it. When you're a child, it's not like you can just up and leave and check into a nice hotel or rent a place on your own. If only distressed kids could!

It's hard being a kid in that situation. My heart goes out to anybody who is living with it.

Cheers,

Amelia :)

Hi.

I'm sorry to hear about what you've been through, but I'm glad you found the courage to do what you did. Welcome.

Hi Amethyst!

Thanks very much for the warm welcome! It's great to be in an online community where people actually care! :)

I look forward to chatting!

Amelia :)

Amelia,

Wow. That's a very gripping story.

I'm also a PK, but my family is Lutheran, which is very lightweight compared to the belief system that you were raised in, so I didn't have to undergo the abuse you went through.

I'm happy that you are getting some therapy and that it's helping.

Hi Amelia!

I posted to you in your thread about family disowning each other over religion, but I finally got a chance to read your whole story.

Let me say...I am so happy that you are strong minded and willed. Not only did you rebel against it, you eventually got OUT of it and went to therapy to heal your mind. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

I remember reading possibly in the other thread that your father is bi-polar? That in itself explains some of it, but as an adult, he is repsonsible for his actions. He is aware of and chooses not to take medicine and that is very deadly for someone with that disorder. Hey, if other people choose to be around him in that condition, very well and fine, but I'm glad you have chosen NOT TO. That is a situation that will always continue in the state it is in unless some changes are made by him on his own behalf and that may never happen. You have every right to be treated with respect and I'm glad you have chosen not to be around this crazy behavior. We are repsonsible for our own happiness and whom we choose to have in our lives.

Happy for you on the successful business ventures as well.

Take care!