Goodbye Jesus

Ask The Real Jesus

MartyGibbans

I'm sure some of you can relate to the fact that a lot of fundamental Christian beliefs these days seem a tad harsh. For example: Worship God, or be thrown into the pits of hell for eternity.

Well, I have recently discovered a website (and many others that are related to it) that are starting to change my life, and my beliefs. The simple fact is - the ideology of Jesus Christ has been totally warped over the last 2000 years. A LOT of the fundamental Christian ideas that exist today have only cropped up over the last 2000 years due to the Church's total abuse of power. What people need to realize is that organized religion is not the way to eternal life. We need NOT follow the rules and beliefs of other humans, but instead turn to the amazing examples that Jesus Christ has left for us.

The idea that we must worship God's every rule or be thrown into hells burning pits is completely false. The fact is – Lord Jesus’ love for us is unconditional, and his task as a teacher is to try and save as many souls as possible so they can spend eternity in Heaven with their creator. God is not vengeful – but rather a God that has given humans free-will, and left them to live their lives, hoping they will find their way back to heaven (with some guidance of course - e.g. The Bible)

By reading this website, you will learn many things, including that even the idea of hell is completely warped - as Jesus teaches that hell only exists for those that let it.

But enough from me - I want each and every one of you to open your mind a bit, and have a read through this website: http://www.askrealjesus.com/. There are many sister-sites, containing similar beliefs, but the above is the best to start with.

On it is more answers to life’s questions than I could have ever hoped for.

Some might say – ‘why should I believe this? I don't believe that Jesus would try and give us his teachings through a website!’

Well, the simple fact is it that it's down to your faith. If you choose to believe it, this website will absolutely turn your life around. And if you don't, then I guess there's nothing lost - but nothing gained either. Jesus has come back to teach us, but instead of coming back in the flesh, he has used a different median - the Internet. It makes perfect sense, as so much of the world uses it.

On the site are many helpful prayers and Rosaries. Over the last several weeks I have been suffering from anxiety. Last night I read the protective Rosary of the Archangel Michael, and instantly felt the best I have in a long time. This website is surely a blessing.

I am not posting this for the arguments. I am giving you this information, and giving you the opportunity to use it, or not use it. It is up to you. But know that the information on this website can lead you on the next step of your spiritual path.

I wish you all luck. To start you off, follow one of the links below:

The traditional Christian

You come from a traditional, perhaps a fundamentalist, Christian background. You believe that if Jesus has anything to say to us today, it would conform to the Bible or to the doctrines of your church. You believe that if you had lived 2,000 years ago, you would have instantly recognized Jesus.

The open-minded Christian

You come from a Christian background, but you consider yourself an open-minded person. You have realized that there might be a deeper meaning to the teachings of Jesus. You know some things might have been taken out of Jesus’ original teachings and that his message might have been distorted in various ways.

The disappointed Christian

You have abandoned Christianity and cannot identify with the approach taken by mainstream Christian churches. You are disappointed by the difference between what they preach and what they do. Yet you cannot completely abandon Jesus and feel there might be a deeper meaning behind the outer doctrines and dogmas.

The New Ager

You consider yourself a New Age person who has been more interested in other teachings than in Christianity. You have generally ignored Jesus, but you sometimes wonder if there is a deeper meaning behind his teachings. If Jesus walked the Earth today, would he be called a New Age teacher by orthodox Christians?

The seeker

You consider yourself a spiritual seeker who recognizes no particular church or philosophy as superior to any other. You seek truth wherever it can be found and refuse to limit your search to any system. You are always looking for spiritual techniques and tools that will enhance your growth.

The practical realist

You know you have a problem and you are not afraid to admit it. You might feel burdened by negative energy or need psychological healing. You might be looking for a sense of meaning and purpose. Or you might be looking for solutions to very specific life problems. You are looking for practical tools that will empower you to do something about your situation.

The mystic

You consider yourself an advanced spiritual seeker, a mystic. You are always looking for the deeper meaning behind outer religions, the mysteries that cannot be found in orthodox doctrines. You are interested in the true, inner meaning of Jesus’ teachings and how it might help you walk your personal path.

The materialist

You have grown up in a scientific culture and you used to reject all religion. Yet you have started wondering whether there might be something more to life, a deeper meaning or a sense of purpose. Is there perhaps an approach to spirituality that is suited for scientifically minded people?

The non-Christian

You have grown up in a non-Christian religion, but you are curious about Christianity. You have often been offended by the aggressive manners of Christian preachers and their disrespect for your religion. Yet you wonder whether Jesus himself was really that kind of a preacher or whether he took a more universal approach.

The global thinker

You are aware that we live at a special time when the entire planet is going through a spiritual transformation. You know that it is up to us to raise our consciousness and prevent natural disasters and other forms of birth pains. You also know that if we do our job, we can bring about a Golden Age of unprecedented progress, and you want to do your part.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MartyGibbans

• willybilly30

• Jun

• NotBlinded

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy Marty!

Welcome to the board & thanks for the info.

:wave:

Thanks. I'll look it over. It seems that there are some things that I agree with, but I drop the supernatural aspect of it. I do think that Jesus was trying to teach something completely contrary to what the religion has come to be known as, but I also think that he was just an enlightened person that can no longer speak to us other than the words that he left behind.

Heaven and hell are metaphors to me, but I'll look over the site.

So far, what I have looked at, goes along with what I believe. I just don't believe that Jesus is using the internet. I think some people, like myself, have interpreted what Jesus has said in the bible in a more inclusive manner. I just don't think it is right to attribrute that interpretation to Jesus himself saying these thoughts as first person here and now. Seems like a ploy to me. That's too bad, but I will take from it what knowledge I can and leave the 'medium' out of it. I find it sad because many, many people won't believe that aspect of it either. I think it has much more potential if it was genuinely presented as it should be...an interpretation.

Although some have called me 'New Age' in my understanding (names not mentioned :) ), I just can't believe all the mystical aspects presented by the New Age movement and this site is very mystical. It has consciousness creating false gods (which isn't far from consciousness creating matter). It talks of vibrational frequencies (which might be true) of good and evil.

I once listened to a guy that was suposedly channeling Thomas and another disciple which spoke of this same thing. It called, The Disappearance of the Universe if I'm not mistaken. Like this website, there are some things I can agree with, but I am very put-off by the whole channeling thing. Why can't they just say that it's what they have come to understand instead of putting it on people of influence, which is far worse when they put it on dead influencial people?

Thanks. I'll look it over. It seems that there are some things that I agree with, but I drop the supernatural aspect of it. I do think that Jesus was trying to teach something completely contrary to what the religion has come to be known as, but I also think that he was just an enlightened person that can no longer speak to us other than the words that he left behind.

Heaven and hell are metaphors to me, but I'll look over the site.

So far, what I have looked at, goes along with what I believe. I just don't believe that Jesus is using the internet. I think some people, like myself, have interpreted what Jesus has said in the bible in a more inclusive manner. I just don't think it is right to attribrute that interpretation to Jesus himself saying these thoughts as first person here and now. Seems like a ploy to me. That's too bad, but I will take from it what knowledge I can and leave the 'medium' out of it. I find it sad because many, many people won't believe that aspect of it either. I think it has much more potential if it was genuinely presented as it should be...an interpretation.

Although some have called me 'New Age' in my understanding (names not mentioned :) ), I just can't believe all the mystical aspects presented by the New Age movement and this site is very mystical.

Thanks for the comments.

However, I personally believe that the words on the website are straight from Jesus. If you read through it, you will begin to see that a lot of the teachings on there differ from what is in the Bible. These teachings could not have been written by a Human. They are simply too complex, too powerful.

But have a read, and let me know :grin:

Thanks for the comments.

However, I personally believe that the words on the website are straight from Jesus. If you read through it, you will begin to see that a lot of the teachings on there differ from what is in the Bible. These teachings could not have been written by a Human. They are simply too complex, too powerful.

But have a read, and let me know :grin:

I am still looking it over. This is familiar to me as I added to my post above. I don't think the teachings are too complex myself. I think that they are just being understood better (IMO)...maybe as they should have been to begin with. It's really not new. It's just been underminded by the overbearing nature of the 'accepted' version. I see Gnostic leanings and heavy Esoteric understandings too. Theosophy is also in there. There is nothing wrong with that, I just find it wrong that whoever is writing these responses is claiming to be Jesus.

I saw the topic title and thought we might have had another Christian "you prayed to the wrong Jesus" preacher on our hands...

Ah well... I'll just go back to helping Inspecto make a complete fool of himself. :grin:

I saw the topic title and thought we might have had another Christian "you prayed to the wrong Jesus" preacher on our hands...

Ah well... I'll just go back to helping Inspecto make a complete fool of himself. :grin:

Same Jesus...different 'medium' (little psychic joke!).

CT, do you really think that IG Almighty needs your help in that department? Nooooo...of course you don't!

These teachings could not have been written by a Human. They are simply too complex, too powerful.

So, they have broadband in "god's realm" then? And does he use a PC or a Mac?

These teachings could not have been written by a Human. They are simply too complex, too powerful.

So, they have broadband in "god's realm" then? And does he use a PC or a Mac?

Funny guy eh?

The writer of the website is Kim Michaels. He is the one person in this world Jesus chose to give us his message. He has direct communication with Jesus.

The writer of the website is Kim Michaels. He is the one person in this world Jesus chose to give us his message. He has direct communication with Jesus.

Riiiight! Is that via landline or mobile (cell phone)? Do they communicate via SMS or E-mail?

Riiiight! Is that via landline or mobile (cell phone)? Do they communicate via SMS or E-mail?

Why are you on this website if only to be an idiot?

However, I personally believe that the words on the website are straight from Jesus.

Just one comment...could you give me any contemporary evidence that this Jesus ever lived? I personally believe that Jesus is nothing more than a copy of Mithran dogma pasted on top of Judaism...My belief is as valid as your....

Why are you on this website if only to be an idiot?

We could very well ask you the same question, after all few people on this website believe in your little demi god..the Website is called "ExChristian" for a reason...Heimdall :yellow:

Funny how jesus always needs a person too do his work.

justsayno.gif

This picture isn't showing right the guy in the robe says: try this bible its fun

The other guy shouts: no

THEIRS MANY CULTS IN THE WORLD WHO WANT TO BRAINWASH YOU INTO THINKING YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THEIR LEADER AND HOLY BOOK DENYING YOUR SELF AND NO HAVING ANY FUN. NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY BEING IN A CULT ISNT FUN.

JUST SAY NO TO CULTS!

Funny how jesus always needs a person too his work.

justsayno.gif

THEIRS MANY CULTS IN THE WORLD WHO WANT TO BRAINWASH YOU INTO THINKING YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THEIR LEADER AND HOLY BOOK DENYING YOUR SELF AND NO HAVING ANY FUN. NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY BEING IN A CULT ISNT FUN.

JUST SAY NO TO CULTS!

See, you're completely missing the point. The website is about how Jesus does NOT want us to worship him, but instead learn how to live out lives from the amazing example he left us.

I do not "worship" Jesus. I follow his teachings, and try to spread them.

And I am not trying to get people to read the Bible. The website also teaches how the Bible is flawed, and how it has been altered by the Church.

Why doesn't jesus tell the world these things why just on a website?

You know how today's world is. He would just be labled as a nutcase.

The point of the website is to try and obtain followers who can then go and spread the word. If enough people do it, then change can be expected.

Marty, there have been others to make this claim. The Course in Miracles is a huge work that is claimed to be said by Jesus as channeled through Helen Schucman (I believe she has died). There are many more.

Please don't be taken 100% by people making this claim, but do take what feels right for you.

Idiot?

I don't recall calling anyone names. Why are you upset by my opinion? Do my smart comments offend you because they are different from your way of thinking? Does my slander offend you so much that you must call me an idiot?

That's usually the way Christians respond to those who ridicule their superstitions.

Why are so many Americans claiming to be the only ones chosen to hear the message of a Jewish/Hebrew god? Has god given up on the Jews? What's he doing about the wars over in Jerusalem?

However, I personally believe that the words on the website are straight from Jesus.

Does Jesus have a say in things still? What about his father? Doesn't he need permission to be passing on this stuff to be posted on a webpage? Why wait 2,000 years to correct what's written in the bible? Was he waiting for an American? Or perhaps he was looking for a good ISP and webpage designer?

If Jesus was a "god" why would he need a human intermediary to write things on a website?

Which no doubt this Kim guy is.

Marty, there have been others to make this claim. The Course in Miracles is a huge work that is claimed to be said by Jesus as channeled through Helen Schucman (I believe she has died). There are many more.

Please don't be taken 100% by people making this claim, but do take what feels right for you.

Yes, I am well aware of this. However, I fully believe in this website. The teachings hold true to me. I have used the techniques to communicate with Jesus, and gotten answers to problems I have had in my life.

The reason I believe it is because the teachings are how to lead a better life. They are not doing it for personal gain. Why would someone put the time and effort to write over 3000 pages of teachings for no reason at all?

Even if this website is not actually Jesus' words, I will still continue to live by the teachings. They have made me a better person.

Idiot?

I don't recall calling anyone names. Why are you upset by my opinion? Do my smart comments offend you because they are different from your way of thinking? Does my slander offend you so much that you must call me an idiot?

That's usually the way Christians respond to those who ridicule their superstitions.

Why are so many Americans claiming to be the only ones chosen to hear the message of a Jewish/Hebrew god? Has god given up on the Jews? What's he doing about the wars over in Jerusalem?

Does Jesus have a say in things still? What about his father? Doesn't he need permission to be passing on this stuff to be posted on a webpage? Why wait 2,000 years to correct what's written in the bible? Was he waiting for an American? Or perhaps he was looking for a good ISP and webpage designer?

If Jesus was a "god" why would he need a human intermediary to write things on a website?

I did not call you an idiot. I said you were being an idiot. You were posting ridiculous comments which did not contribute to the thread at all.

And by the way, I am not a Christian, I am a follower of God's word.

And no one said the website was American.

Well I hate too tell us this but...You probally will get the same reaction.

What jesus needs too do is build a alter all the way too the clouds turn into a giant so big the whole world can see him and then shout his message. I tell you what have jesus come over here cause this towns full of christians it'd be easier here. I'll just call him he's god he can appear anywhere right. jesus come here please.....jesus....jesus? maybe he's in another room (looking) oh wait its raining he probally don't wanna get wet :lmao:

The point of the website is to try and obtain followers who can then go and spread the word. If enough people do it, then change can be expected.

Jesus is speaking directly through this prophet!!! Finally, some answers! And they're on the Internet!

The greatest problem we of the Ascended host face when we give spiritual teachings (including prophecy) is the carnal mind and its tendency to think in black and white terms. This is what causes people to take a spiritual teaching and interpret it literally. <SNIP>

Let me give you one example. Matthew 24, 29 records a prophecy that I gave to my disciples. It states:

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light . . .

Based on what I will show you in the rest of this section, I think you can see that this particular statement could be interpreted as a spiritual event. For example, a period of tribulation or darkness can refer to the descent of negative energy that often accompanies the transition from one age to the next. Although this descent of energy might trigger certain outer events, it is primarily an event that takes place in the spiritual dimension.

<snip>

Some spiritual traditions say that the higher self has various aspects and compare them to the sun and the moon. Therefore, the above passage could be interpreted to mean that when there is a descent of negative energy, people can no longer contact the sun and the moon of their higher selves.

http://www.askrealjesus.com/K_JESUS_ANSWER...Y/Prophecy1.htm

Jesus speaks New Age language now. That's totally awesome! California Lord! Praise his Holy Aura! "Descent of negative energies", wow, Jesus must be reading up on Shirley McClain these days on the Internet hook up there in the celestial world with with the rest of the "Ascended host".

Seriously, this is Cult, with a capital C. Get help now and escape this trap before you're instructed by Internet Jesus to drink the Holy Kool-Aid!

Even if this website is not actually Jesus' words, I will still continue to live by the teachings. They have made me a better person.

That right there is all that matters. There is nothing wrong with that! :grin:

They are not doing it for personal gain. Why would someone put the time and effort to write over 3000 pages of teachings for no reason at all?

From that website:

Financial contributions

Currently this website is created and maintained by one person. While the actual cost of maintaining the website is insignificant, there is a substantial investment in time.

When I receive a question from a visitor, it can take several hours to get the answer from Jesus, to edit the answer and to create the new webpage. In recent months, the site's popularity has exploded, and I am currently receiving more questions than I can possibly answer given the time I have available. I divide my time between the website, writing books for Jesus and making a living.

financial donations to the site will help me focus more time on improving the site. You can contribute in two ways:

• Buy one or more of the books.
    The Christ Is Born in You is a fabulous book that people really love (when they read it). Jesus says in the book that he wants this book out to millions of people because it is a transforming book. Buy it for yourself and consider giving one or more as gifts to family, friends, your local library, local media or other people. Some people have bought up to a dozen copies to give as gifts. Also, The Jesus Koans is the perfect Christmas present for anyone with a sense of humor and a just marginally open mind. People just love many of the sayings in the book.
  • Make a donation. This website is part of a non-profit organization called Shangra-la. It is registered as a charitable corporation in the state of New York, U.S.A. and donations are tax deductible for New York taxpayers. To find out more about Shangra-la, visit www.shangrala.org. Mark donations with "Ask real Jesus" and they will go exclusively to support this website.

You can send checks or money orders to:
    Shangra-la, 85 Washington Avenue, Coxsackie, NY 12051. USA.

I'd say there's money to be made in claiming to be a speaker for god.

Jesus speaks New Age language now. That's totally awesome!

Yep. He even speaks in Koans (non-sensical Japanese Zen riddles) - "The Jesus Koans." Now maybe he can help me to perfect my shikantaza.

Jesus speaks New Age language now. That's totally awesome! California Lord! Praise his Holy Aura! "Descent of negative energies", wow, Jesus must be reading up on Shirley McClain these days on the Internet hook up there in the celestial world with with the rest of the "Ascended host".

There you are...I knew you would be here.

*searches for my crystal...where the heck did I put it?* :)

They are not doing it for personal gain. Why would someone put the time and effort to write over 3000 pages of teachings for no reason at all?

From that website:

Financial contributions

Currently this website is created and maintained by one person. While the actual cost of maintaining the website is insignificant, there is a substantial investment in time.

When I receive a question from a visitor, it can take several hours to get the answer from Jesus, to edit the answer and to create the new webpage. In recent months, the site's popularity has exploded, and I am currently receiving more questions than I can possibly answer given the time I have available. I divide my time between the website, writing books for Jesus and making a living.

financial donations to the site will help me focus more time on improving the site. You can contribute in two ways:

• Buy one or more of the books.
    The Christ Is Born in You is a fabulous book that people really love (when they read it). Jesus says in the book that he wants this book out to millions of people because it is a transforming book. Buy it for yourself and consider giving one or more as gifts to family, friends, your local library, local media or other people. Some people have bought up to a dozen copies to give as gifts. Also, The Jesus Koans is the perfect Christmas present for anyone with a sense of humor and a just marginally open mind. People just love many of the sayings in the book.
  • Make a donation. This website is part of a non-profit organization called Shangra-la. It is registered as a charitable corporation in the state of New York, U.S.A. and donations are tax deductible for New York taxpayers. To find out more about Shangra-la, visit www.shangrala.org. Mark donations with "Ask real Jesus" and they will go exclusively to support this website.

You can send checks or money orders to:
    Shangra-la, 85 Washington Avenue, Coxsackie, NY 12051. USA.

I'd say there's money to be made in claiming to be a speaker for god.

Jesus speaks New Age language now. That's totally awesome!

Yep. He even speaks in Koans (non-sensical Japanese Zen riddles) - "The Jesus Koans." Now maybe he can help me to perfect my shikantaza.

Yes, but no one is forcing you to buy the books.

All of the teachings are on the website, FREE.

Jesus is speaking directly through this prophet!!! Finally, some answers! And they're on the Internet!

The greatest problem we of the Ascended host face when we give spiritual teachings (including prophecy) is the carnal mind and its tendency to think in black and white terms. This is what causes people to take a spiritual teaching and interpret it literally. <SNIP>

Let me give you one example. Matthew 24, 29 records a prophecy that I gave to my disciples. It states:

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light . . .

Based on what I will show you in the rest of this section, I think you can see that this particular statement could be interpreted as a spiritual event. For example, a period of tribulation or darkness can refer to the descent of negative energy that often accompanies the transition from one age to the next. Although this descent of energy might trigger certain outer events, it is primarily an event that takes place in the spiritual dimension.

<snip>

Some spiritual traditions say that the higher self has various aspects and compare them to the sun and the moon. Therefore, the above passage could be interpreted to mean that when there is a descent of negative energy, people can no longer contact the sun and the moon of their higher selves.

http://www.askrealjesus.com/K_JESUS_ANSWER...Y/Prophecy1.htm

Seriously, this is Cult, with a capital C. Get help now and escape this trap before you're instructed by Internet Jesus to drink the Holy Kool-Aid!

How is it a cult when they want nothing from you? They are trying to give us positive life teachings. They are not trying to make you "join" anything. They merely ask that you spread the word of Jesus' love and teachings.