Goodbye Jesus

Gayness Is A Choice

neverclear5

So most priests and preachers seem to think being gay is a choice. Well for a lot of them it probabley is. If you're gay and try to deny it, even to the point of getting married, then of course to you its a choice. They have chosen to suppress their true selves and pretend to be straight. As we all know, self loathing is the easiest to do and the hardest to stop and so its no wonder such fervent hatred builds up because the people they are attacking are a representation of everything about themselves they hate!

Rant over....... for now.

Good rant. I'll add to it by saying: Who cares if it was a choice anyway?

Good rant. I'll add to it by saying: Who cares if it was a choice anyway?
Já, precisely. We have the right to plot the course of our own lives without interference from others.

The 'it's a choice' argument only stands under the presumption that gayness is wrong. Sooooo, if a person doesn't acknowledge the authority of the bible, then his or her opponent has nothing to bring to bear.

I can't help but wonder if some people are actually able to choose being gay. Now, I don't understand precisely what makes people gay or bi or straight, etc, but to me it all seems like one sexual preference versus another - and I mean "sexual preference" in the same sense as one would consider foot fetishes or anal sex fetishes a sexual preference.

Such as myself; I never used to be turned on by the thought of performing anal sex on a woman. But for about half my life, it's been a serious turn-on and I can't imagine not finding it hot. Much like watching two or more girls have sex together; I never found it hot till I started hitting puberty, and then the all-girl stuff went pretty much to the top of the list, and I can't imagine myself not liking that sort of thing.

Sometimes I wonder if homosexuality isn't just another sexual preference - along those same lines. No more or less "moral" or "evil" than liking blowjobs or girl-girl sex - and really no different :shrug:

Left handedness is a choice. All godley people are right handed.

Red hairedness is a choice. Red hair is the mark of judas and it means you gave your heart to satan.

Polio and spinal biffida are choices.

etc etc etc,,,,,

Being gay (homosexual) is not a choice, nor it it a sexual fettish, nor does it have anything to do with anal sex,

Being gay is not a choice or a preference...It is an orientation, just like heterosexuality. Just like you didn't choose to be straight I didn't choose to be gay...It was just the genetic luck of the draw for millions of us.

The only choice a gay or lesbian person makes is if he or she chooses to sleep with someone...period.

It gets on my nerves, personally, that I have to constantly explain to people that my sexuality is just an intrinsic part of me...

So fuck the bible. And fuck any secular person who disagrees just because I want be having any biological children.

There is some scientific evidence that it is not a choice.

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/100/105486.htm

The strongest and most irrefutable proof I have ever seen is the many, many children as young as three years old, who know they are gay and cry themselves to sleep because they know they are condemned just for being who they are. Some of these children prayed long and hard and earnestly to be killed before they grew up because the future was too unutterably horrible.

Anti-gays will say all sorts of crazy stuff like "Who was messing with your brain?" "No kid that age even thinks about sex." I guess those people either did not think about it or conveniently forgot. Because sexuality is definitely a part of the young child's awareness. Maybe not for everybody but for some people, yes, it is a very real part of their lives.

So most priests and preachers seem to think being gay is a choice. Well for a lot of them it probabley is. If you're gay and try to deny it, even to the point of getting married, then of course to you its a choice. They have chosen to suppress their true selves and pretend to be straight. As we all know, self loathing is the easiest to do and the hardest to stop and so its no wonder such fervent hatred builds up because the people they are attacking are a representation of everything about themselves they hate!

Rant over....... for now.

That's it? I'm waiting for the rest. Don't leave me hanging here. ...

They believe the same thing about Atheists. They think Atheism is a choice. You choose to not believe in god. I can't believe these fuckers actually got that marriage between a man and woman shit passed. I was watching the news and they showed some people sitting in a church wearing these stupid buttions. Man they are ignorant.

There is some scientific evidence that it is not a choice.

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/100/105486.htm

The strongest and most irrefutable proof I have ever seen is the many, many children as young as three years old, who know they are gay and cry themselves to sleep because they know they are condemned just for being who they are. Some of these children prayed long and hard and earnestly to be killed before they grew up because the future was too unutterably horrible.

Anti-gays will say all sorts of crazy stuff like "Who was messing with your brain?" "No kid that age even thinks about sex." I guess those people either did not think about it or conveniently forgot. Because sexuality is definitely a part of the young child's awareness. Maybe not for everybody but for some people, yes, it is a very real part of their lives.

I totally agree. As a matter of fact I WAS that child growing up. At the risk of sounding completely cliche if I had a dime for every prayer I prayed to turn completely hetero I'd be a multi billionaire.

The best thing a gay or lesbian person can do is learn to love themselves. Jesus and shit head cult won't do it for you.

I have no imperical evidence to support why I am gay. I know that I am functionally bisexual, I think most people are, but I still view myself as gay. It was a decision, it just was.

If you want to know that story:

http://www.thoughtbegone.com/autobiography.htm

I had to write that as part of the adoptive parent process.

When I was little, I just fantasised about taking my friend to hospital and kissing them. I played with barbies and Action Man. I thought Batman looked good.

I didn't have the ultimate say in the matter and I'm not complaining. Being myself is awesome, it's the best thing in the world apart from love and friendship.

Anybody agrees?

I totally agree. As a matter of fact I WAS that child growing up. At the risk of sounding completely cliche if I had a dime for every prayer I prayed to turn completely hetero I'd be a multi billionaire.

The best thing a gay or lesbian person can do is learn to love themselves. Jesus and shit head cult won't do it for you.

Thanks for the validation. I wouldn't dare post that on just any forum. It's not that I'm a lesbian but I believe in respecting people for who they are. Like homosexuals, I have been very severely oppressed/suppressed for being who I was born to be. Somehow that makes me identify with anyone else whose very being is attacked. Attacking a person's very being with the wish to annihilate is the most hateful thing one human being could inflict on another. That is how I feel about it. And that is what seems to fuel anti-gay movements and actions.

Kenny, I read your story. Thanks for sharing it. I am very much interested in the outcome of wide-spread divorce and its impact on the children. I was growing up in the 1960s. One of the things I kept hearing was the ominous predictions about the world gone to the dogs, esp. now that divorce is so easy. Dire predictions were made regarding the future of the children of divorce. The first generation of these children are heading toward middle age, or maturity. I keep marveling at the social order I see. Somehow, those dire predictions did not materialize. What did materialize is the toxic power of fundamentalist religion--the one supposed safe-guard against all evil.

Kenny, I read your story. Thanks for sharing it. I am very much interested in the outcome of wide-spread divorce and its impact on the children. I was growing up in the 1960s. One of the things I kept hearing was the ominous predictions about the world gone to the dogs, esp. now that divorce is so easy. Dire predictions were made regarding the future of the children of divorce. The first generation of these children are heading toward middle age, or maturity. I keep marveling at the social order I see. Somehow, those dire predictions did not materialize. What did materialize is the toxic power of fundamentalist religion--the one supposed safe-guard against all evil.

You're very welcome. That's the short version, since I was hesitant to share all my secrets and tales with a lutheran run adoption agency. The divorce effected me, but it wasn't the end of the world. If the world ended every time a so called person of god called for it to, there would have already been enough time for civilization to have rebuilt. Seriously, Pravda was National Geographic compared to these people.

A few years ago I had a friend/co-worker who was gay. He tried for years not to be. He struggled with it almost daily. But because of the bigoted opinions of his family, co-workers and others (including himself) he could no longer handle it and killed himself. His life and death had a profound impact on me. While I know I did as much as I could to save him I still to this day go over some of our conversations trying to see if I missed anything or could have done anything else to have changed the outcome.

Knowing someone who was gay, knowing the struggles he went through trying not to be I have to say it isn't a choice.

right, I did kind of disappear after that first tirade but yes, I agree its not a choice. From a purely scientific perspective a species is programed for sex in order that it will reproduce (as most animals haven't the brain to consider their continuing lineage). Sometimes the wiring is wrong (incorrect for procreation not morally if you were gonna have a hissy fit) and we desire different things or people. It seems evidence would suggest this can be caused by both nature and nurture. If It doesn't harm anyone then who cares? I reserve my right to find the increadibly camp, increadibly annoying but that has nothing to do with it. My mate at the research center is gay and frankly I couldn't give a shit where he likes to put his cock at the end of the day. Any guy who does think too much about a colleages penis placement might need to examine himself and perhaps, recognise his true feelings. I'm told women are naturally more curious about these things and, who could blame them women are pretty, but frankly that might just be a myth circulated from a lads mag or something.

Essentially, if you wanna be gay, be gay. If you don't feel restricted in your sexuality then fuck anything that moves for all I care. Probably best to ask first though.

The "wiring" is not "wrong" it is just different...

Furthermore, I don't buy the entire simplicity of sex being solely used for perpetuation of the species...We are over 7 billion human beings at last count. So there is no danger of the human race becoming extinct...

However, homosexual behavior is prevelant in all animal species. So apparently, there is a natural reason behind it.

The "wiring" is not "wrong" it is just different...

Furthermore, I don't buy the entire simplicity of sex being solely used for perpetuation of the species...We are over 7 billion human beings at last count. So there is no danger of the human race becoming extinct...

However, homosexual behavior is prevelant in all animal species. So apparently, there is a natural reason behind it.

What did I JUST SAY!!! I said wrong meaning incorrect for procreation didn't I. And yes, It is common in the animal world, giving evidence to the different wiring theory. Also, What the fuck is the shit about there being lots of peopl. I KNOW there are lots of peopl. evolution doesn't happen over days. The REASON there are lots of people is that we procreated a lot. And no, I don't think sex is purely for procreation ANYMORE. It has taken on a social role in many animal species (including ours) but sexual desires main purpose in the continuance of the species was procreation, as it is in other animal species.

You are still thinking in religous terms, a problem for many a convert to reason, so when I say wrong you think its a moral judgement. Also you are thinking on their timescale. Many things that we are evolutionarily programmed to do have little or no use in the modern world, but they are still there as things take a lot of time to leave the genetic and social equation. Storing large amounts of fat in your body was once useful as you never knew when you might find food again. Cellulite has been theorised as a survival store, containing large amounts of fat soluable vitamins for use when they are scarce. These things are no longer neccesary but they still occur as they took thousand of years to develop and will take similar times to go.