Goodbye Jesus

Ted Haggard Says Gandhi Is In Hell!

Llwellyn

If only these people knew how idiotic they sound. First he says your whole body goes to hell, then he turns around and says Jesus said there's a place we go to "after we leave our body". Well which is it then?? Then later he says there's scholars out there who say the Bible doesn't actually say what it says..... :lmao:

Is it just me, or is Ted Haggard one of the ugliest dudes you've ever seen?

He has a big head with beaver teeth. No wonder he had to pay a guy for sex.

Well, if Ghandi is in hell that is where I wanna be...considering that most Christians think Jeffery Dhamer is in heaven because of his death bed conversion.

It is not just you, Llwellyn. He makes me wanna turn straight.

What he has to say makes him, in his own words, repulsive. (He referred to himself that way during his "apology" to his church.)

He is a perfect example of what happens to homosexuals who refuse to embrace their sexuality as normal. I think his harshest critics are gay men like me, who know very well the price we pay in society to be openly gay, but come out anyways because it's the moral thing to do. He has lived a lie, and now he's gotta pay the price. If I were his wife, I'd be outta my mind with rage.

That is such a cool image, Reboot! Even though I don't believe in all that crap, I LOVE Greek, Byzantine and Russian orthodox art. And you're right, it IS like a wormhole to god.

The "wormhole" is actually called a "mandorla" in Byzantine iconography. MANDORLA: An almond-shape effusion of Heavenly light, symbolized by use of pure gold, usually only found in icons of Christ.

You aren't too far off when you call it a "wormhole." Wherever a mandorla appears in an icon it is a symbol of divinity and the conjunction of heaven and earth. The Orthodox believe that the incarnation rent the border between heaven and earth, and now heaven and earth mingle as we are drawn into Christ.

Orthodox theology is actually quite mystical and beautiful and tends to minimize some of the nastier "vengeance" and "blood atonement" aspects of Biblical Christianity.

As a gay man that studied for the ministry in my late teens/early twenties, I differ slightly with Curtdude's response that his harshest critics are gay men. Now, I am certain there ARE harsh critics that are gay, but there are also those of us who have been where Ted is, albeit without the influence he has.

I remember as a newly converted "born again" Christian at age 17, my step-father asked me about hell, and I gave almost the exact same shpeel (sp?) that Ted gave. The difference between me and Ted, is that I grew out of this archaic belief in my early to mid-twenties.

Ted is a little, scared, gay man that has never grown up. I don't call him a victim. His hypocrisy, not his homosexuality, is repulsive. Nevertheless, I hold an ounce of hope that he will make the last half century of his life more honest than the first.

PS - I value Curtdude's opinion, and completely understand where he is approaching the situation from. I just hold a slightly different opinion. :)

Peace

JS

As a gay man that studied for the ministry in my late teens/early twenties, I differ slightly with Curtdude's response that his harshest critics are gay men. Now, I am certain there ARE harsh critics that are gay, but there are also those of us who have been where Ted is, albeit without the influence he has. ...

....PS - I value Curtdude's opinion, and completely understand where he is approaching the situation from. I just hold a slightly different opinion. :)

Hi Johnny, I'm pleased someone actually is reading my posts!

I don't see where we differ at all. Maybe I was too oblique in my "repulsive" analysis. I meant that since he continues to view himself as repulsive (according to his apology in front of his congregation), and not as someone with a normal sexual orientation, he and all those who believe like him will continue never to address the central issue that encourarages his hypocrisy: their unwillingness to accept homosex as normal and good.

I don't view him as a victim at all. I think he has on purpose created all of this havoc, and now he's paying for his lies. Sadly, it will be his immediate family who will take the brunt of it.

So JS, were you in the ministry? Where are you at now?