Goodbye Jesus

Richard Dawkins Interview

Biggles7268

Biggles, I have not looked at al these interviews right through excpet fot the last one. Prof. Dawkins is a remarkable man. I am a bedraggled refugee from the Roman Catholic Church. It was my study of Astronomy that convinced me that there was no "God/Creator". I also got sick of the crap and lies put out by al Christianity. It is good to see Richard Dawkins stand up to the religious bigotery and telll the real truty

Does anyone else think Dawkins should stick to biology? The idea that atheism = science and science = atheism is an unhelpful one imo.

imo, I think he lacks the skills to truly get his point across to the other side. I like hearing his views, but his tack needs changing if he's going to win many deconverts.

Agreed.

Dawkins is a brilliant scientist, and his scathing discourses on religion are exactly what many atheists want to hear, but as far as connecting with people who aren't already part of his cadre... Carl Sagan he ain't.

The idea that intelligence can simply exist other than from a process of gradual darwinian natural selection is a scientific hypothesis and therefore should be scrutinised via scientists. Religion and science do overlap IMO.