Goodbye Jesus

Comfort for ex-Christians

Guest Techster

Guest Techster

I didn't know where to post this,either in Debating with Christians or here.

But I have decided to post my message here because I believe it will be of more value hereas I'm sure it will provide some comfort and reassurance to ex-Christinas and potential ex-Christians.

To say it is a display of the bankruptcy of Christian apologetics is to underestimate its worth to those leaving or gone from the "fold"

I believe ex-Christians will feel a great sense of relief in reading this thread as it will show you what you left behind. You don't have to do this kind of thing any more. No longer do you,(or will you), have to maintain silly and untenable positions in defence of the "faith"

At issue is Ezekiel's prophecy against Tyre. Briefly,Ezekiel predicted that Nebuchadnezzar would take Tyre and destroy it permanently. Suffice it to say,that never happened.

You will see that the issue in this thread has long since ceased to be whether Ezekiel's prophecy was fulfilled. It is the Christian's "defence" of the prophecy, the obvious impossibiltiy and ridiculousness of his "arguments" that is the specatacle now. And as such is instructive for both skeptics,ex-Christians, and open minded Christians alike.

The thread is long but bear with it at least a third or so of the way:

http://www.iidb.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=121739

Regards,

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

I knew what it was before I even clicked!

Oh God! Lee Merrill is a fucking dumbass! I've been watching that topic for weeks and I've been laughing my ass off! This guy just keeps getting destroyed, and yet he comes back for more. He won't give up. It's hysterical!

That topic was broken off of the Gastrich/Krueger peanut gallery topic. I'm sure it surprises no one at all that Lee is there to root and holler for Gastrich. Sometimes I wonder if he is Gastrich. ...or Uncle Davey.

You know what's funnier? He's challenged Farrell Till to a debate. And they're going to do it!!! I can't wait for the slaughter to begin.

Guest Techster
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

I knew what it was before I even clicked!

Oh God!  Lee Merrill is a fucking dumbass!  I've been watching that topic for weeks and I've been laughing my ass off!  This guy just keeps getting destroyed, and yet he comes back for more.  He won't give up.  It's hysterical!

That topic was broken off of the Gastrich/Krueger peanut gallery topic.  I'm sure it surprises no one at all that Lee is there to root and holler for Gastrich.  Sometimes I wonder if he is Gastrich. ...or Uncle Davey.

You know what's funnier?  He's challenged Farrell Till to a debate.  And they're going to do it!!!  I can't wait for the slaughter to begin.

Hey Mr. Neil!

You've been watching it. But I've been participating in it! I'm Noah over at IIDB. I've bowed out for the time being. I have to hand it to Sauron.He's sticking with it and making Lee look really dumb. So have others foir that matter.The point Lee is missing is that he has no one convinced that Tyre sank,not even remotely convinced. Lee doesn't seem to get it. HE is the issue now, not Tyre. I think Lee has, single-handedly, done more damage to Chrisitan apologetics than any skeptic ever could. But that either escapes Lee entirely or he just doesn't care. I think he really seees himself as some valiant warrior flying the colors for his Biblegod.

The debate between Farrell and Lee is going to be a rout and another exhibition in Lee's idea of debate and aplogetics. I actually advised Farrell not to debate Lee lest he find himself in another "Tyre style" exchange with Lee. I hope the debate will be strictly moderated.

I've participated at Internet Infidels from time to time, but I've found that since my deconversion is complete, I have less interest in it.

Welcome aboard!