Goodbye Jesus

Belief In God Making More Sense Than No Belief

Jun

slap.gif

Stewart, you have weird arms. They mirror when you poke through your screen.

PS: This is a very old thread.

This is the most silly thread / post I ever saw . Is speaks of the nature of a fool

• 3 months later...
slap.gif

Stewart, you have weird arms. They mirror when you poke through your screen.

PS: This is a very old thread.

This is the most silly thread / post I ever saw . Is speaks of the nature of a fool

Thanks!

Christ's teachings, in my opinion, are all that I need. He taught love, respect for your fellow man, etc.

Could you please provide the scripture verse, chapter and what-not where "Jesus" teaches love and respect for your fellow man.

According to the bible, "Jesus" came to destroy families by making family members hate each other.

Some quotes from "Jesus:"

?Don?t imagine that I came to bring peace on earth. No, rather a sword if you love your father, mother, sister, brother, more than me, you are not worthy of being mine."

Matthew 10:34

?Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death."

Matthew 10:21

?He that curseth his father or mother, let him be put to death.?

Matthew 15:4-7

And "Jesus" approved of slavery and corporal punishment as evidenced by this:

"The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given."

Luke 12:47-48

I couldn't find anything about love or respect, maybe you have a different bible?

After a short Google search, here are some of the good things he did - (I can't sleep! GRR!)

Miracles:

http://www.lifeofchrist.com/life/miracles/

And some simplified teachings:

You are to love all people and pray for those who hate you - Matthew 5:446

Forgive all who sin against you - Matthew 6:14-159

Do not judge others. Examine your own behavior - Matthew 7:1-5

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. (Matthew 7:12, Jesus Christ)

"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. (Luke 6:35)

"Do not judge lest you be judged. "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. "And why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. (Matthew 7:1-5)

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. "Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:33-34)

For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body than clothing? "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? "And which of you by being anxious can add a single cubit to his life's span? "And why are you anxious about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory did not clothe himself like one of these. "But if God so arrays the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more do so for you, O men of little faith? "Do not be anxious then, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'With what shall we clothe ourselves?' "For all these things the Gentiles eagerly seek; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. (Matthew 6:25-33)

"And when you pray, you are not to be as the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners, in order to be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. "But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will repay you. (Matthew 6:5-6)

And that, my friends, is why I follow Jesus Christ.

And that, my friends is all first-grade level social common sense. You don;t need a man-god to teach you how to be a normal human being, you already knew those things before you read them.

There is nothing at all *deep* about his teachings, the good ones that is, they just echo what ordinary people aready know.

Why the hell do people *think* they should be rewarded for doing what you are supposed to do? You want a cookie for NOT beating your wife? Government should give you a tax break because you did *NOT* rob a liquior store this year? Think you should earn credits for not dealing crack?

You are *supposed* to be a good person, you should not be rewarded for doing what you are supposed to do.

Simply because *somebody* wrote what you are supposed to know and do *anyway* does not make that author special, in fact it makes him more like *Mr Obvious*...

sheesh...

I bet children's books give you wood too, they are wrote on the same level as jesus's *good* sayings.

Jesus, the Missing Years by John Prine sheds some light on the mystery.

Also, since he posts here frequently, lets just ask him. Paging Kryastt the Lard! :P

Jesus, the Missing Years by John Prine sheds some light on the mystery.

Also, since he posts here frequently, lets just ask him. Paging Kryastt the Lard! :P

LOL I think hes a bit hung over today, maybe his dad, that is magically him too, will cure his hang-over, then he can grace us wit more a dat gospel an stuff...

What is "God?" Is God the entity responsible for creating us?

Maybe there's a god, but who knows what god is? "God" could be a race of life forms from elsewhere in the universe and we're just a biological experiment. "God" could be the universe itself, which created life through random accidental biochemical reaction.

Who knows!? We don't know, we can't know, at least not with the knowledge we have today.

Personally, I find it comforting to think that there's some spiritual being out there who cares about us. Whether that's true or not is not proveable and is purely speculation. It is fueled by my need to feel that someone stronger and wiser than the human race is in control of things. My "God" is not the xtian God, nor do I care whether anyone else believes in my god or wish to prove my god to actually exist. My god exists in my mind. Whether my god exists outside of my mind, I cannot tell and am not wishing to or able to prove it.

Ah, I really can't say much tonight. As I said - exam in the morning.

Basically the main reason I believe in God is because of the teachings that Jesus Christ left for us to follow. And his promise that if we follow them, we may live with him in the afterlife.

To be honest, I haven't studied much of the Bible or any other religions/cults etc other than the teachings of Christ. And to be honest, I may never do so. Christ's teachings, in my opinion, are all that I need.

Hello Marty, let me hazard a guess - you were born in western country like the USA, Uk, Australia or New Zealand - something like this.

If that is true, then hasn't it struck you as "odd" that if you grew up in USA, Uk, Australia or New Zealand, you'd more than likely be a christian, or if you grew up in an Asian nation you'd likely be some variant of buddhism, or in a middle eastern nation then you'd grow up a moslem, etc, ?

Doesn't this strike you as very strange?

If it doesn't seem peculiar to you, how do you explain why geography seems to fracture "god's" message?

Spatz

SaviourMachine wins the Indiana Jones Award for November 2007