Goodbye Jesus

Near Death Experiences Of Children

Guest geekymamaw

Guest geekymamaw

Do a google search on near death experiences of children. Look for the ones that have had no opportunity to be programed or taught in any way. They are quite amazing. It is probably the one thing that really lets you know there is something there. Go on and try it.

It is probably the one thing that really lets you know there is something there.

It doesn't show anything either way. It doesn't show that there is anything there.

Do a google search on near death experiences of children. Look for the ones that have had no opportunity to be programed or taught in any way. They are quite amazing. It is probably the one thing that really lets you know there is something there. Go on and try it.
That's only proof that you believe there is "something there."

It doesn't prove there is anything there.

Any more than my dream last night proves that me and Jessica Alba are an item.

Coulda swore it was real at the time....

No one has ever come back from the dead to tell us about it. In spite of what you may hear in sunday school.

Internet sources are not so reliable. I've found many internet sources claiming the healing power of crystals (which you can buy).

Why is this, "the one thing that really lets us know there is something there"? Doesn't it let us know that human beings brains have similar types of experiences under similar conditions? Why do we go from the euphoric sense of love and light, to "something out there"? When you hyperventilate for instance and you get light headed, does this prove a spirit realm "out there"?

How I see this, is that something happens in the human brain under these sorts of conditions. They have actually created NDE-type experiences by directly stimulating parts of the brain. But what happens is this:

Once upon a time, long, long ago in a land before science, the local Shaman takes extraordinary experiences like these and proposes an explanation for them. This explanation becomes a mythology. This mythology becomes a belief system. This belief system permeates societies and evolves into more and more mythologies, which permeate every aspect of our minds in how we perceive the world. When someone experiences these "brain-farts", we jump out of rational science, back into our programmed mythologies that this indicates that this, "really lets us know there is something there".

Ask yourself this question, why would children experience the threat of hell if these were indications of something beyond the human brain? Does that something out there send children to hell?

There are no NDEs, by children or anyone else. If you want to believe in them, I don't care. They are dreams, and then a little drama is tacked on, for somebody's purpose or agenda. Jimmy cracked corn, they say, but I don't care.

THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE, IF YOU DON'T CARE?

For the free entertainment of people's wacky ideas. I never discourage people from being wacky, because I enjoy it. Americans are wackier than anyone else, because they have everything in life so easy. There are wackos in the third world also, of course, but they're not as funny.

• 4 weeks later...

It let's you know something is there alright. It let's you know the child has a brain with an imagination just like any other human.

It let's you know something is there alright. It let's you know the child has a brain with an imagination just like any other human.
Usually better though. Some tend to loose that wonderful imagination as they age.

No teaching or programming? Then the child cannot communicate shit! The very process of learning how to speak is an indoctrination. Not all languages share the same concepts, and therefore do not have words to describe them. You cannot teach a child ANY social skills without indocrinating them!

Just because you don't recognize indoctrination, or knowingly do it, doesn't mean you do not indoctrinate.

geekymamaw: Many years ago I wittnessed a child's NDE. I don't claim to have all the answers to her experience, nor do I claim that this is solid proof of a life beyond death. I've always believed there is life beyond the world as we know it - so I naturally interpret this experience within that context. I'm just posting the experience here because of your interest.

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?s=&a...st&p=226332

Well, a long time ago, I knew a 5 year old who almost drowned and had a near-death experience. It's harder for 5 year olds to interject social conditioning into these things - for that reason I find her experience interesting. Her family is devout Christian - one would expect her to see Jesus the way she'd been taught to think of him.

But, since she was only 5 her experience was less a social conditioning. She told us (I was there - it happened at a pool birthday party my daughter had been invited to - I was there to help the Mom of this little girl. The girl's father was/is a police officer and I was there as he performed CPR. Actually I called 911. I was also there as she came to and I listened as she talked to her parents about the experience).

1. I do not fear death after listening to her - something let's go when a person comes that close. I don't know what it is and I can't define it. But every adult in that situation was terribly upset, not her - she truly was peaceful and not upset in the least. She was 5 at the time (it was her 5th birthday) so she had no comprehension of what almost happened. Maybe it's different for adults - I don't know.

2. She did have a near death experience - but she did not experience Jesus - the way you and I would think. (although she'd been in church every Sunday since the week she was born).

3. She did experience her grandmother - who died when she was only a few months old. At the time - right after she came to - when she was telling her mom that she'd met grandma - I didn't think much about it. It was only later when the mother was telling me that the child's grandmother had died when the little girl was only a few months old - that I was struck by the experience. They have pictures of the girl's grandmother in their home - so any visions this girl had could be attributed to that. But, the girl had communications with her grandmother.

According to this child's mother -some of the things this child said her grandmother talked to her about were things a 5 year old would have no way of knowing. They were things that predated this child's birth and they were things of the adult world. I don't know - there is always the chance the subconsciously this child absorbed conversations her parents had about family and such. But, personally I don't think that explains it all.

I know what I saw. What I saw was a very peaceful child - who had just come back from a near death experience. What I saw was a very innocent and honest relaying of a meeting this child had with a grandmother she never knew. The meeting she had was not physical in the sense that we think of meeting. She didn't talk about her grandmother's physical attributes. She talked about her grandmother's love, about being safe with grandma. She told her father (the grandmother's son) some things that she would have no way of knowing as these family events preceded her own birth. Her father had lost a brother when he was a little boy, the grandmother wanted the little girl to tell her father that his brother was there too. The parents truly don't remember ever mentioning this brother to the child. He died when he was a baby. But, somehow she knew.

Thanks for sharing OM. A very interesting experience. For the little girl maybe her life will never be the same. Do you still see her? How does she seem now?

Thanks for sharing OM. A very interesting experience. For the little girl maybe her life will never be the same. Do you still see her? How does she seem now?

Well that experience happened about 17 years ago. We moved away from the community about a year later. Her mother and I send Christmas cards every year - but I haven't had any other contact besides that.

Of course we all "read" these things through our own filters. I've always believed in an after-life so I interpret the experience through that lens. But, what sticks in my mind is that the Mother and Father honestly do not remember ever talking about the brother who had passed away.

I can understand that, my mother's first born child was still-born. I was 13 years old before I ever knew that I had an older brother who died at birth. Thirteen years and I never heard my parents mention that situation. I can see where my friend and her husband never talked about it - some families just don't talk about those things (too painful I guess).

So... it really does stick in my mind that that little girl told her father that her grandmother said the father's brother was with her. :scratch:

....So... it really does stick in my mind that that little girl told her father that her grandmother said the father's brother was with her. :scratch:
That fits with what I've read about such experiences. Children tend to "see" family members. Adults and teens tend to see what the religious beliefs of their society say they should "see."

While it certainly is interesting, and I'll agree that it's strong circumstantial evidence, it doesn't prove anything. Don't try to come in here and convert others to your beliefs. The vast majority here are not going to change their beliefs without some hard evidence. Besides, what does it matter what people believe about something that has never been objectively proven, anyway? If there is an afterlife, we'll all find out soon enough. In the meantime, we should focus on making this world the best there is.

To those who never had NDE's then there would be no way to believe they exist. As with a lot of this type of stuff, you can't "explain" these things. You have to experience them. And if you don't experience them you can't know they exist. Because they don't - in your worldview.

It doesn't mean it doesn't exist in someone else's.

It really doesn't matter if it's true or not. Nobody will really know unless it happens to them.

Certain experiences you have will determine your knowledge.

To those who never had NDE's then there would be no way to believe they exist. As with a lot of this type of stuff, you can't "explain" these things.

Wrong.

http://www.realitymatters.com/other.html

Even today with our scientific and psychological explanations, many people believe near death experiences, or NDE's are authentically spiritual. Many scientists say these experiences are just effects of a dying brain. Experts from around the world are recreating this phenomenon in the laboratory. Effects that extreme g-forces have on the brain produce NDE like symptoms. Researchers use a centrifuge to reproduce high speed flight conditions. Years of research with hundreds of pilots uncovered several intriguing correlations between pilot blackout episodes and NDE's. One of the symptoms is a short dream, called a dreamlet. The dreamlets have very specific characteristics. A feeling of floating. Visions of seeing friends and family. A feeling of being out of the body. A euphoric and pleasurable experience most of the time. And these experiences are extremely memorable.

Other experiments stimulate portions of the subjects brain with low frequency magnetic pulses through a series of electrodes that are attached at various points. By stimulating certain lobes of the brain, specific individual NDE events can be induced. Subjects report a feeling of fading away. A feeling of a friendly being coming up from behind them. Once the electromagnetic stimulation stops, the NDE symptoms quickly fade. Subjects feel the being moving away from them and they become sad that it's going.

Neurological studies have shown that when portions of the brain are deprived of oxygen they react in a predictable manner known as the cortical release phenomenon. For example, when the heart stops pumping blood to the temporal lobes of the brain, where memories are stored, massive amounts of neurotransmitters begin to randomly fire. This releases countless fragmented images and emotions associated with past experiences. When the parietal lobes lose oxygen the visual cortex becomes impaired. This can cause a feeling of floating or a tunneling effect. Research has shown that if blood flow is cut off to the occipital lobes subjects will experience intense bright light.

http://www.nidsci.org/articles/whinnery/whinnery_nde.html

http://www.discover.com/issues/jul-05/feat...-states/?page=2

Certain experiences you have will determine your knowledge.

So will studying.

Experience isn't the only way to learn, although it would explain why some of my friends will make a stupid mistake, and then another friend (aware of the other friend's mistake) MAKES THE SAME MISTAKE and has the tenacious innocence (ignorance) to actually expect a different result from what the friend experienced.

To those who never had NDE's then there would be no way to believe they exist.
That is not true at all. Many people have had NDE experiences. They can even be drug induced at will. They have been thoroughly investigated and explained. No one here is disputing the existence of NDEs. I have no doubt they exist and I seem to be the biggest skeptic around here. What is in dispute is that they are proof of an afterlife.

To those who never had NDE's then there would be no way to believe they exist. As with a lot of this type of stuff, you can't "explain" these things.

Wrong.

http://www.realitymatters.com/other.html

Even today with our scientific and psychological explanations, many people believe near death experiences, or NDE's are authentically spiritual. Many scientists say these experiences are just effects of a dying brain. Experts from around the world are recreating this phenomenon in the laboratory. Effects that extreme g-forces have on the brain produce NDE like symptoms. Researchers use a centrifuge to reproduce high speed flight conditions. Years of research with hundreds of pilots uncovered several intriguing correlations between pilot blackout episodes and NDE's. One of the symptoms is a short dream, called a dreamlet. The dreamlets have very specific characteristics. A feeling of floating. Visions of seeing friends and family. A feeling of being out of the body. A euphoric and pleasurable experience most of the time. And these experiences are extremely memorable.

Other experiments stimulate portions of the subjects brain with low frequency magnetic pulses through a series of electrodes that are attached at various points. By stimulating certain lobes of the brain, specific individual NDE events can be induced. Subjects report a feeling of fading away. A feeling of a friendly being coming up from behind them. Once the electromagnetic stimulation stops, the NDE symptoms quickly fade. Subjects feel the being moving away from them and they become sad that it's going.

Neurological studies have shown that when portions of the brain are deprived of oxygen they react in a predictable manner known as the cortical release phenomenon. For example, when the heart stops pumping blood to the temporal lobes of the brain, where memories are stored, massive amounts of neurotransmitters begin to randomly fire. This releases countless fragmented images and emotions associated with past experiences. When the parietal lobes lose oxygen the visual cortex becomes impaired. This can cause a feeling of floating or a tunneling effect. Research has shown that if blood flow is cut off to the occipital lobes subjects will experience intense bright light.

You're right that certain aspects of the NDE have been successfully replicated in the lab, but no one has successfully reproduced all aspects of the NDE. From the article you quoted,

Effects that extreme g-forces have on the brain produce NDE like symptoms.

While it may or may not be an entirely physical phenomena, the NDE has not quite yet been fully explained.

:rolleyes:

You're right that certain aspects of the NDE have been successfully replicated in the lab, but no one has successfully reproduced all aspects of the NDE. From the article you quoted,
Effects that extreme g-forces have on the brain produce NDE like symptoms.

While it may or may not be an entirely physical phenomena, the NDE has not quite yet been fully explained.

So which specific 'aspects' of the NDE have not been successfully replicated?

So which specific 'aspects' of the NDE have not been successfully replicated?
It's called "shifting the goal posts." No matter what they discover or find out about NDEs some will not accept it and come up with more and more impossible questions. These questions are not designed to actually find out about the topic, but to support an a priori assumption.

Research has shown that if blood flow is cut off to the occipital lobes subjects will experience intense bright light

Where is the light coming from for them to experience it?

Research has shown that if blood flow is cut off to the occipital lobes subjects will experience intense bright light
Where is the light coming from for them to experience it?
Their mind. What they perceive as light does not have to come from an actual light source.

Exactly.

In reality....the eyes only receive. It is the brain that "sees" and interprets what the eyes receive into something meaningful. A person can be "blind" as a result of brain damage. Their eyes still technically work, but their brain cannot interpret the data anymore.