Goodbye Jesus

Gods Negative Personality Traits

Wertbag

There seems to be quite a few instances of God (whom the Christians claim is perfect, all loving and all powerful) been given negative personality traits by the Bible. The one that brought this to mind was:

"for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me" (Great to punish innocent children for the sins of their great-grand fathers).

and then in Numbers 22 Moses tries to stop God from destroying everyone in a rage, but God doesn't listen and "And fire came out from the LORD and consumed the 250 men who were offering the incense."

God Himself is quoted as saying "When the LORD your God delivers it (the city of your enemies) into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it." (can you feel the love?)

When it came to the plagues of Moses, God played both sides off against each other:

"Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his officials so that I may perform these miraculous signs of mine among them 2 that you may tell your children and grandchildren how I dealt harshly with the Egyptians and how I performed my signs among them, and that you may know that I am the LORD." (He inflicts the plagues then makes sure the Pharaoh doesn't meet His demands so that he can inflict the next. Of course being all knowing he already knew that the first plagues would not succeed, so they were done just for the fun of it. Thereby allowing Him to slaughter the innocent children in the final plague that He arranged to show off his power).

So we have a jealous, prone to deadly rages and generally bloodthirsty God who likes to maniplulate people to allow Him to inflict punishment on those undeserving.

As the saying goes the best way to convince a Christian as to how wrong their religion is, tell them to read the Bible.

The Old Testement god was such a hateful ass. One responce I got when I asked about this is: "God doesn't have to bow down to your level of fairness."

The Old Testement god was such a hateful ass. One responce I got when I asked about this is: "God doesn't have to bow down to your level of fairness."

I love it! Problem is, we're supposed to have been created in His image.

Rob