Goodbye Jesus

Christmas Craziness

Yaoi Huntress Earth

One Christian I know swears that Santa Claus is a abbreviation of Satan's Claws, and each year goes on his rampage of protesting the destruction of the Christian day. Thankfully hes an ignored minority in this case.

Another Christian told me that she believes Santa Claus, or St Nick is a Christian saint. Told me the story she believes is a real world story. St Nick was just a nice old man, worked as a carpenter and spent his spare time making wooden toys for kids. Once a year to celebrate Christs birthday he'd grab a sack and deliver toys to those too poor to afford their own.

If thats true then he was following Christian beliefs and should be respected for his good heart. No idea if its true, but I'd much rather believe he was just a nice chap than a conspiracy from Satan to hide Jesus's birthday.

Hi There!

That's not so bad compared to what my fundie wundie pastor father told me as a kid.

"Santa is spelt S-A-N-T-A. The same letters also spell S-A-T-A-N. Santa IS Satan."

Nice huh?

Amelia :)

Believe me I totally

As a new atheist,just accept x mas with a grain of salt. The fuckin church should have made it Jan.25 for the stores and people to make more money and break up winter better.

Call me a sentimentalist, but Its a Wonderful Life is still my favorite movie made in 1946. These were real actors (Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed) and not the punk phonies we have on the screen today! So, Merry fucking xmas to all and to all a good night!

Christmas isn't so bad and I'll admit like the gifts and the warm feeling I get when I make others happy, but I just hate what Christmas is becoming: a hateful, obnoxious, holier-than-thou mess. Psycho Dave at Weirdcrap.com had a neat notion of celebrating Christmas as it truely is: a pegan holiday of fun and dubochery (sp). Or just make up your own traditions.

Yes - fun and debauchery would be a wonderful way to spend Xmas :)

Who wants to join me for an orgy 'round the old hearth?

I belonged to a church that was so fundy, we weren't allowed to have a christmas tree, wear christmas colors, exchange presents, have anything that had a santa, (yes, I was told santa is satan, also) a tree, reindeers, etc,etc. They just sucked the fun out of every holiday there is. Basically claiming celebrating anything but jesus is worshipping the devil. So the first christmas I had after i left that shithole church, I ran out and got a tree and decorated with santa's and reindeers, bought a shitload of presents for my kids and watched christmas movies. ( we weren't allowed to watch any television, either)

But ya know what? I soon discovered what a complete pain in the ass all that is. Not to mention your credit cards are maxed out. How fucking stupid is that? All for one day?!? And now that I'm bordering on atheism, I think it's all just commercialized kaka. But, I have to say, I still buy presents for my kids and get the tree. Yes, I dread christmas now, but I still do it for the kids.

As far as the Walmart thing goes, yeah, I saw that on the news. People just love to complain and make a stink about their "beliefs". Whatever.

Psycho Dave at Weirdcrap.com had a neat notion of celebrating Christmas as it truely is: a pegan holiday of fun and dubochery (sp). Or just make up your own traditions.

Precisely.

Been treating it this way for a couple years now, have yet to be disappointed.

Psycho Dave at Weirdcrap.com had a neat notion of celebrating Christmas as it truely is: a pegan holiday of fun and dubochery (sp). Or just make up your own traditions.

Precisely.

Been treating it this way for a couple years now, have yet to be disappointed.

Out of curiosity, what do you do?

Usually, throw on an old "Croon 'N Swoon" record (that's right; vinyl, bitches!), fix up a mug of hot cocoa, sit in the big la-z-boy or rocking chair and read or chat with the family--or, if I'm lucky, cuddle up with the little lady*. Or I might come down to my room, pop in a Xmas CD and browse the 'net or try to write something. Or I may take a nap.

I really don't have any kind of conventional activity, just relax and do whatever seems like fun at the moment. As I said in my first reply, that's the whole point. :)

*In case you're reading this, know that I used that term just for you, AR. ;)

*ducks*

Post some pics of yourself and I'll get back to you.

BOO-YAH :sex:

Post some pics of yourself and I'll get back to you.

BOO-YAH :sex:

Dude, you don't pay attention. :nono:

She has posted a pic, and she's hot as hell. :woohoo:

Of course I don't pay attention - you ought to know me by now.

Where did she post a pic?

Of course I don't pay attention - you ought to know me by now.

Where did she post a pic?

Oh, I don't know... Umm... Praaaaaawbably somewhere in the PHOTO THREAD over in TOT. :Doh:

Duh! :loser:

:lmao:

Yeah, dude, she's over there in the photo thread. If I'm not mistaken, someone recently commented about her pic within that thread and reposted it somewhere in the last two pages of the thread. It shouldn't take long at all to find it. :wicked:

Notice how Christians these days are just worrying about buying the best presents, decorating their house the best and keeping the Santa idea in their child's heads. Shouldn't they be not focusing on that and start focusing on the true meaning of Christmas?! I mean, Santa doesn't even have to do with Christianity. I feel utterly ashamed to be a human when I hear evey year that someone has been trampled to death from a stampede to get into a Wal-mart to buy some freakin' Tickle Me Elmo.

Thanks, Fwee - 'twas worth the wait :)

How about this to put some bah, humbug in your day? A company in Valencia, CA that makes talking Jesus dolls apparently decided it might be a money loser. (This is strictly my take on their motives) What did they do? They decided to unload 4,000 of these monstrosities on Toys for Tots which is run by the USMC. Originally, T4T tried to graciously decline the offer, but according to the CBS affiliate in Boston, caved in and accepted the dolls last week. BTW, the doll line seems to include Moses, Mary, David and Esther as well.

The story can be found at: http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/local_story_319145558.html

This story from CNN Money: http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/12/news/midcaps/jesus_dolls/ indicates that the dolls have been available for sale since summer, 2005. The line of dolls is available online at messengersoffaith.net for $19.95 each. The CNN article indicated that the sale price for the dolls was slated to be $24.99.

Now, I can't fault T4T or the USMC; this seems to have been diabolically timed so as to prevent the charity from having the time and resources to battle them without seeming like they are firing a volley in the non-existent war on Christmas.

And, of course, Beverly Hills Teddy Bear Co. gets to deduct the full retail price of all 4,000 on their taxes. I wonder if they'll go for the full $24.99? :loser:

Also, whatever happened to Thanksgiving? I know that stores don't make as much money off of it, but can't they wait until the day after Thanksgiving to bombard us with all the Christmas stuff?

That's what I like about living in Canada. Our Thanksgiving is in the middle of October. I think it would be a bit much having Thanksgiving and Christmas so close together. Between the middle of October and late December the only "holiday" is Halloween. I like it this way.

And yeah, for Christmas I have a long tradition of just shutting up and holing up. I get on email or forums or write a paper that is due right after New Year's. Play/sing some Christmas music. I love it for its own sake. Maybe read a good novel. This is how I like it and this is how I do it.

I think I ate enough goodies (roast chicken, fruit salads, and sweets) at my grandma's as a young child and with my parents and siblings for many years after that to last a lifetime of memories. At least for now.

The one thing that seems totally wrong is people being obligated to eat about three Christmas dinners inside 30 hours. I've heard too many people complaining (rightfully) about being too full. I think it's just plain wrong. The one time I served someone their third Christmas dinner in such a short period of time I wished they had told me. I would have gladly kept it on a lower key had I known.

Soup and crackers can be special if served in the right atmosphere.

Uhh I hear yah... My mom has already started talking about what we are going to do for christmas..personally I would like to go to Mexico just to escape the family hoo haa craziness.. She wants to know what I want because others are asking what I want for Christmas.

I think I am going to make everyone paintings for Christmas...except for the kids in my family and friends I will get them something. I love getting presents for the kids.

I can't believe all the christmas stuff is up everywhere...yuck.. and my crazy mom again has been playing horrible christmas music for the past MONTH already..aye yi yi luckily I don't see her that often.

I really would like to know is there an anti- jesus is the reason for the season, button slogan or something?

Also, whatever happened to Thanksgiving? I know that stores don't make as much money off of it, but can't they wait until the day after Thanksgiving to bombard us with all the Christmas stuff?

I was just making note of that fact the other day. I'm having a huge Thanksgiving dinner, and thought a nice centerpiece might be fun. But, no, there is no Thanksgiving at the mall.

Plenty of commercialized xmas stuff, though. Because shiny gifts are so much more representative of true christianity than giving thanks.

And - to the "war on xmas" people - yes, heaven forbid that jesus be left out of the door-buster bargains and the fist fights over video games!

I celebrate the season of winter, with the feast on December 25th (since everything is closed on that day anyway). If it's near the weekend, I will be able to get a few days off from work as well. So it works out pretty well.

Winter Holidays start December 1st for me. I get up and get ready for the day, then the first thing I do is put up decorations. Since I work from home, I can do this. :)

Then I'd plan what I'll be doing as for sending cards to people, and backing and putting together treat bags. I make treat bags for December/January, February (hearts), March (spring shamrocks), April (spring/flowers), and moon, stars, pumpkins for October (fall). I guess February is my month to apprciate my friends.

So for December, I do all this preparing, baking, etc. through the month, listening to music, watching my favorite movies maybe in the evening, etc. Then after the 25th there's New Year's Eve which I celebrate and around Midnight or just before I'd call a friend who's birthday is on the 1st of the year to wish happy birthday, etc.

New Year's I would have another feast, and then in the evening I would take down the holiday decorations, signifying the end of the year and everything back to "Normal" to start the New Year.

Presents? Outside of the nearly monthly treat bags, none. Though some send cards to me with some money for "Christmas", "Easter", and my birthday. I send "Holiday" (generic) cards to them then and try to remember birthdays.

I just have my own little way. In my area, I might not see as much Kwanzaa and Hanukah stuff as I do Christmas but it's there. As well as "holidays" and winter stuff for my likes as well. So I do find stuff to celebrate my newly-formed traditions. At least I'm not *totally* left out. LOL!

Let 'em hollar and ruin their own holidays. I'll just do my best to ignore them and enjoy my *own* holidays. And my friends appreciate it too, and accept the treat bags, and give well wishes in return. I'm fortunately to have friends that care. Family I haven't told but that's because they are mostly older people. I think that my step mother kinda knows though, and she always took the stance that I should do as I feel I need to, as I'd wish. She's a great person.

Holidays give me something to celebrate life. :)

Right now I'm preparing for Thanksgiving (fall celebration feast). I get a few days off from work, and I'll be making my own little dinner and fresh-baked pumpkin pie (I'm good at that). Then just relaxing with hobbies I enjoy doing. Hopefully I'll be able to send wishes to my friends and family before the holiday.

I like to try and my my own niche in the world as comfortable and pleasant for me as possible. Sound selfish? Well, kinda, but it involves making others around me just as comfortable and pleasant so I'm surrounded by happy people. :)

I might not always succeed. But I hope that I will so that things will be nice enough to enjoy.

CyborgX, welcome to the forums. I just wanted to tell you that this last post of yours was so, well, human that it made me want to kind of dance and cry at the same time. I hope the holidays go well with you.