Goodbye Jesus

It's A Small World After All

dulce

How's this for a small world story?

I was in a pentecostal church for many years in Cali. I left the church in March of '05. I just moved to Oklahoma from California in August of this year.

I went to Wal Mart today with my two daughters to buy care packages for our troops for christmas. ( my older daughter is doing it for a school project) When to my surprise (understatement) I saw a "sister" from my old church in California!! Holy Shit! I'm out here in the middle of fucking nowhere to get away from all the harassing ass hole fundies from my old church and I'm staring one in the fucking face!! Now, she was in one of those motorized carts because she is about 100 years old. OK, I might hate fundies, but I'm not a hard ass bitch. So, I talk to her and she lives down the fucking highway from me. As if that wasn't bad enough, there is an empty metal shed in my neighborhood and the pentecostal church is going to buy it! AAAAGGHHHHH!! If I hear their glory, I'm going to heaven, one god, apostolic bullshit music I will freak.

All I can do is hope the deal falls through and they don't buy the building. I thought about torching it. My 14 year old says she'll egg it everyday of the year. The worst part is my husband is a fence walker. He doesn't believe their doctrine, but his parents have guilted him into believing he's bound for hell if he doesn't "sell out" to jesus. They are evangelists.

I can't even describe with words how much I hate that apostolic shit.

Ok, I feel better. Thanks for listening.

It's interesting, when I was a Christian, it seemed as though everyone around me wasn't. While I suppose that is still largely true, now that I've deconverted, it seems like Christianity is everywhere. It IS annoying when, after you've left, it seems to get thrown in your face all the time.

So the church is going to meet in a shed...? If it's any comfort, I would guess that wouldn't last too long. I mean, it's a shed, and they're gonna get cold, right? :) So hopefully it'll be over as soon as it's begun...

Just wondering, how big is the shed and how many people do they expect to fit inside it?

Just wondering, how big is the shed and how many people do they expect to fit inside it?

And how much C4 will you need once the whole community is gathered in there? :fdevil:

The shed could probably fit 50 people plus room for the platform. Got to have the platform, ya know.

When I told my neighbors about it, one of them proposed burning it down! What a hoot! My other neighbor said she would bring her speakers outside and pump out AC/DC's Highway to Hell. We all agreed we would try anything to keep them out of our neighborhood. I volunteered just spray painting a pentacle on the building. They're scared to death of that sign!! That's the "mark of the beast" to them.

It's interesting, when I was a Christian, it seemed as though everyone around me wasn't. While I suppose that is still largely true, now that I've deconverted, it seems like Christianity is everywhere. It IS annoying when, after you've left, it seems to get thrown in your face all the time.

Very true - When I was in my late teens I'd just managed to get away from this church youth group, then we moved house and our new neighbours were a family of pentecostalists who went all out to convert me.