Goodbye Jesus

Lying Christians

Unknowing1

Sorry, just have to rant a bit. I am getting so sick and tired of these Christians who lie to authorities and everyone else and think nothing of it.

In today's paper some guy says that he was due in court for a traffic violation. He faxes a letter to the judge from Circuit City saying he is in Florida. He wasn't really in Florida, he was camped out at Circuit City to buy a PS3 for his church youth group.

Since June my neighbor has been illegally selling cars from his home. I don't mind someone starting a business or even making money but we have two, three or even four cars parked on the street in his front yard or in his driveway with for sale signs. When zoning went by to talk to him he lied to the zoning agent. Said he was only selling his cars. Someone else in the neighborhood complained because he kept at it even after being warned by the county. Zoning went back out there and he admitted he was selling cars for his friends at church. He was warned and finally stopped for awhile but has again started back up. This time he has his own website, says he is a dealer (Dept. of Motor Vehicles hasn't issued him a dealers license), has three of the cars that are for sale sitting in his driveway and on the street with for sale signs. So he was warned by the county, warned by the state and continues to break the law to sell his church going friends cars. Hmmm.

Another person who goes to this church I happen to work with. Guy is a loser who can't make a decision unless someone tells him what to say and I hate having to deal with him. He had the nerve to condemn me because I don't scrapbook like his fundamentalist wife who stays home and homeschools his four brats. Scrapbook, damn I have two kids one who was way into scouts, I was running a pack of 80 kids and was cubmaster, assistant cubmaster, secretary and den leader, spending about 20 hours per week of my time keeping that pack going because parental involvement was nill. Was working full-time and was practically a single parent because my husband worked evenings, everything, I mean everything dealing with the kids fell on me. Anyway this guy is such an upstanding citizen as well. He cheated on his wife with someone for 2 1/2 years. Told the girl he loved her and wanted to marry her then up and decided that he lied to her during those 2 1/2 years, actually told her that. I know for a fact it is true because the girl he messed with was one of my friends.

What assholes! I am so sick of their holier than thou attitudes.

Of course, but they'll be forgiven won't they. Were as we'll burn in hell. Simple when you think about it. They are I mean........ simple.

The people I work for are Greek Orthodox Christians. They are always talking about "God" and "Jesus" and they have all those super-large gold statues of the "virgin Mary" in the office. There are photos of the "baby Jesus" in the hall, and they all have rosaries hanging in their cars.

But all that "Godliness" and "worshipping" doesn't stop them from paying illegal immigrants under the table, without tax. It doesn't stop them from bribing various contractors to do illegal work on site. Nor does it affect them when they have to tell lies or cover up when inspectors or other authorities show up.

Another fellow I work with is a "pastor" (pasta?) of some Pentecostal church who is always talking about his hobby of photographing young children. It sounds innocent enough until you see the photos - in the bath, in the pool, in bed, in the bush; and always barely naked.

And one other guy who holds some title (alter-boy boss of some sort) in his Islander church (he's a Maori) steals mobile phones (cell phones) and sells them back in NZ.

Naturally, I don't get on with ANY of these workmates - and they give me a wide birth. I have on a number of occasions spoken up about the treatment of foreign workers, the stealing, and that guys penchent for children. But, they are above my simple moral instruction.

So yes, I too am tired of Christians and their supposed "Godliness."

There are indeed Xians who believe that their religion places them above the law.

Despite Jesus' admonition to "render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's" (see Matthew 22:21.., which is actually about paying taxes, but I have sometimes seen the passage used to instruct Xians to follow "Caesar's" laws in general), there are Xians who feel that Acts 5:29 trumps government authority: "We must obey God rather than men!"

Originally the context of the Acts verse was about defying the law in order to teach about Jesus; but it's certainly no huge jump with an exclusivist religion like Xianity to end up believing that God's laws trump man's laws in general, and acting accordingly. I've noticed this in discussions on places like CF when an issue of legislating Xian morality comes up, mostly in arguments about abortion or gay marriage, things like that. I haven't seen it so much in terms of people around me actually flouting the law and justifying it with their religion.

Although I have certainly seen Xians do things that may not be illegal, but are morally questionable, such as outright lying for Jesus, or friendship evangelism, or missionary dating. I also know a good number of people who went through the experience of their church community covering up questionable or illegal behavior. One particular friend of mine was sexually abused by his pastor, and when he went public with the information, he was ostracized by the church community, who all rallied around the pastor instead - hiding what he had done, in the name of preserving the holy image of the church as a whole.

I'd say this same thinking - the belief that God's servants are somehow above the law - is at work in the Catholic sex abuse scandals that have been coming to light recently. I mean in that instance we're starting to see this pattern of multiple offenders, from different places, doing horrible, illicit things to minors for literally decades, and what was the church's way of coping with it? Shush it up, move the offender somewhere else, don't admit anything happened, and claim the right to handle it within the confines of canon law, if at all.

I'd say that's certainly a flagrant disregard for the laws of a given state, right there.

Anyway.

One cannot be a Christian without being a liar, also.

For example:

In the Garden of Eden, a serpent spoke to Eve...

Now, we all know that serpents don't talk, right? Right. But a Christian will tell that story as if it is Absolute Truth™.

It never even occurs to them that they are lying.

G'head, have fun with this. Go through the bible and see whatever else complete bullshit that you can find that a Christian will happily propagate as Absolute Truth™.

They are complete liars.

Makes you want to puke, doesn't it? :vent:

Sometimes I wonder how much this nonsense contributes to the shocking homicide and other crime statistics in the US. You know, once one is convinced that "mens' law" is inferior to skydaddy's law and thus insignificant... that doesn't exactly seem to make one respect secular law, no?

Not that I want to clam that murderers, for example, think "Well, it's only human law that I break, who cares?" - especially since those hypocritical preaching bastards hammer their "murder is a sin" into their sheeps' heads daily. But I trust you understand what I mean... it's the generic attitude that matters (may matter) here.

Makes you want to puke, doesn't it? :vent:

Sometimes I wonder how much this nonsense contributes to the shocking homicide and other crime statistics in the US. You know, once one is convinced that "mens' law" is inferior to skydaddy's law and thus insignificant... that doesn't exactly seem to make one respect secular law, no?

Not that I want to clam that murderers, for example, think "Well, it's only human law that I break, who cares?" - especially since those hypocritical preaching bastards hammer their "murder is a sin" into their sheeps' heads daily. But I trust you understand what I mean... it's the generic attitude that matters (may matter) here.

It only applies if the victim is a fetus, not someone who was actually born, silly.

Yep, above the law is what they think.

Because don't ya remember, all they have to do is ask biblegod for forgiveness and it's VANISHED away. :58:

I don't honestly think Christian crooks think they are above the law more than any other crooks. They don't care about their Skydaddy's law either.