Goodbye Jesus

Catholic Schools Close

garrisonjj

Big uproar here on the bishop closing many catholic high schools and elementary schools. I absolutely love it! As an ex catholic and born again atheist the church around here is irrelevant to many after the sex scandal.

Now,, with all the neurotic nuns dead and not replaced, with the old guilt and humiliation message being laughed at,,,the church is scrambling to balance the budget!

Do any of you see similar patterns?

Only problem is, more fuckin babble banger church nuts are popping up.

They want to get "fuckin saved" with half the work of being catholic! Thanks.

Big uproar here on the bishop closing many catholic high schools and elementary schools. I absolutely love it! As an ex catholic and born again atheist the church around here is irrelevant to many after the sex scandal.

Now,, with all the neurotic nuns dead and not replaced, with the old guilt and humiliation message being laughed at,,,the church is scrambling to balance the budget!

Do any of you see similar patterns?

Only problem is, more fuckin babble banger church nuts are popping up.

They want to get "fuckin saved" with half the work of being catholic! Thanks.

There were a couple Catholic elementary schools closed in my town. They had quite low enrollments, so it was a no-brainer; obviously they weren't money makers. There are still plenty of Catholic schools to choose from in my area; quite a few Protestants send their kids to them as the public schools are deteriorating. Plus I live in an area that has a major Catholic university, so the Catholic school system in general is strong.

Recently I learned something from a relative about Catholic education. He married a Catholic, and they are sending their children to Catholic schools. The daughter had attended one which was scheduled to be closed. When I asked if they were now sending her to another Catholic school close by them, I learned they actually had chosen a Catholic school farther away. I had assumed that Catholics just went to the nearest church and school to them (showing my Protestant based ignorance here!), when it turns out that they shop around for the best run schools; then they join that church because parishoners get a tuition discount. I wasn't aware that the parish Priest was in charge of how the school is run; I guess I assumed it was controlled by the Bishop. So Catholic schools can differ quite a bit from one another.

Catholic schools have been closing in my area for some time. Even the churches have had to combine congregations and shut a few doors in the process.

Always nice to hear :)