Goodbye Jesus

Atheist Nation Pt. Ii

Greydon Square

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrd-x_vM7XI

My second Atheist Nation Video

This is just one of the responses ive gotten about the AN part 1

My second is my one and final rebuttal against attacks like this.....

Greydon Square

----------------- Original Message -----------------

Date: Nov 17 2006 7:30 PM

The haulicaust was not started by a religious organization. It was start by a faciast dictator, that was a blatent racist. He was also an Atheist.

I am happy to see that other black people in the world are finding reason, and walking away from religeon. But, I wish you could find even more reason, and walk away from that horrible life style that you have chosen. you bring shame to yourself, your family, and your people, by being a criminal, and a gangster. there is nothing heroic or honorable about that life style.

GREYDON SQUARE (RESPONSE)

Hitler was a catholic not an atheist what are you talkin about

Some people say Adolf Hitler was an atheist. They blame atheism for Hitler's philosophy. But the historical record shows that Hitler believed in God and was convinced he was carrying out God's will.

Hitler served as an altar boy in the Catholic Church. Growing up in this environment, he surely learned something of the centuries of discrimination and persecution the Church had supported against Jews in Europe.

Former Jesuit theologian Peter de Rosa describes the groundwork Catholic theology laid for Hitler and the Nazis: "[Catholicism’s] disastrous theology had prepared the way for Hitler and his ‘final solution.’ [The Church published] over a hundred anti-Semitic documents. Not one conciliar decree, not one papal encyclical, bull, or pastoral directive suggest that Jesus’ command, ‘love your neighbor as yourself,' applied to Jews."

Not surprisingly, then, Hitler wrote in his book, Mein Kampf: ". . . I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work." He made essentially the same claim in a speech before the Reichstag in 1938.

Hitler considered himself a Catholic until the day he died. In 1941 he told Gerhard Engel, one of his generals: "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so." In fact, Hitler was never excommunicated from the Catholic Church, and Mein Kampf was not placed on the Church's Index of Forbidden Books.

DAVID

I was once there. Dont give me that bullshit about defending your neighborhood. You are only defending it against people like yourself. You try to justify your behavior with that propoganda. But I dont believe it, or feed into it. Nor does anyone else.

I have seen, first hand, the trouble you bring to your own neighborhood. Dealing drugs, prostitution, fighting, drive by shootings, etc, etc. You are killing your own people with that bullshit.

There are many other ways you can defend your 'hood. Instead of becoming a gangster, you could have become a cop. Being in the military was another way of defending your neighborhood.

What you do tears my country apart, and your neighborhood.

But you go ahead and keep lying to yourself, and die for a fruitless cause. I, for one, am ashamed of you. One black man to another.

And yes, there is honor in killing for your president, and dying for your country. It is called, The Greater Good. Those people that do that, live, and die with honor, and the respect of all of there country men. You will die in a gutter. Riddled with the bullets from a gun of someone that thinks just like you. No respect, or honor there.

David

I'm conflicted in my thoughts as how to reply to this video. For instance, I think I have a good understanding as to why you joined the Crips in the first place. What I fail to understand is why you continue to endorse that lifestyle now that you are an adult. You fought in Iraq, a war you didn't support, for an unjust cause, but you did what you had to do. And now you're not in the army anymore, right? And you grew up and fought on 159th St., but why still be in that particularly army?

A guy like me goes into Crip territory in St. Louis, and I can guarantee you bad shit will happen, despite the fact I never did anything to anybody. You said in your first video you've never seen a Crip kill a person just for not being a Crip; what about mugging them or stealing their car? Just because a group of people might not kill me doesn't mean they're by an means safe. Do you support that? Neighborhoods where innocent people should fear accidentally wandering into? Where kids are brought up to fight for a particular turf?

I don't understand why you wouldn't hang the blue up with your bdu. I don't really care what you did in your past. I just find it hypocritical to say "All religions are just gangs. They killed millions of people. Everyone is in a gang of some kind" like that's some sort of justification for you being in a gang. The whole point of secular humanism is to realize what gangs you're a part of that do unnecessary harm to people and to leave them. What good is it to realize a gang does harm and to just stay in it like it's no big deal?