Goodbye Jesus

Just?

Rafiki

The entire "God is just" thing was what really shook my belief in Christianity. This one I could never answer...

Deuteronomy 32:4 "...a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he."

Daniel 4:37 "Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways just..."

You get the point, just look up "Just" in the back of the Bible.

Now let's go to John 20:24-30

Thomas says to the other disciples, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

Jesus came in and said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop douting and believe. Because you have seen me you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

How is this fair? Any Christians have answers? Thomas gets to stick his hands in the side of Jesus, and yet myself and the rest of the people of the 21st century are left with nothing but a 2,000 year old book that makes almost no sense. If this isn't fair, then Bible God is not just. Jesus himself even implies that it is not fair, because "blessed" are those who believe yet have not seen, which implies that it would be a lot harder for us to believe.

The entire "God is just" thing was what really shook my belief in Christianity. This one I could never answer...

Deuteronomy 32:4 "...a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he."

Daniel 4:37 "Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways just..."

You get the point, just look up "Just" in the back of the Bible.

The idea that "God is just" is one of the biggest poisons that needs to be eradicated from this world. Since you don't talk about the idea of God being "just" by torturing people in hell, I'll leave that subject.

rest of quote

Now let's go to John 20:24-30

Thomas says to the other disciples, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

Jesus came in and said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop douting and believe. Because you have seen me you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

How is this fair? Any Christians have answers? Thomas gets to stick his hands in the side of Jesus, and yet myself and the rest of the people of the 21st century are left with nothing but a 2,000 year old book that makes almost no sense. If this isn't fair, then Bible God is not just. Jesus himself even implies that it is not fair, because "blessed" are those who believe yet have not seen, which implies that it would be a lot harder for us to believe.

------------------------

And what about the people who have never even heard of Jesus? Aside from this though, personally I'm quite glad that Jesus didn't show up in person, because I went through a time when I felt like I was today's equivalent of Judas Iscariot. The fact that doubts managed to come my way was a good thing. I don't know what I'd have done if I'd known the gospel was true.

If someone were able to explain to me how the Christian God is just, I would be first in line to hear it. The most common argument you will hear is that the Christian God sees all, and therefore it knows things that we don't when it acts. Christians will often use this argument to justify the Christian God's murder of innocent men, women and children - they will say that God knew in their hearts what they were and what they would do, and so he eradicated them from the world before they could do those bad things.

But this does not explain why the Christian God is allowed (or just) to not follow it's own rules. While we have a set of commandments, the Christian God can do whatever the hell it pleases because it is the Christian God, or so the Christians will tel you. When attempting to ask why the Christian God is just in doing whatever the hell it pleases, one must leave the realm of fairness and responsibility, and tread the lands of tyranny and oppression. The Christian God is allowed to break its own rules because it is all-powerful, or so the Christians will tell you; the Bible actually points out that the Christian God is NOT all-powerful, but don't bother telling the Christian this.

One can make the argument that because a person or thing is all-powerful, it is exempt from the law (whether it created it or not) only because the person making that argument is in complete subjugation to said person or thing. Hitler had many sycophants, including the German Church. The Church had many sycophants. These were figures striving for complete control of humanity, as the Christian God is a figure striving for complete control of humanity. And one of the marks of a tyrant is that they demand that we don't ask questions.

Enter the Christian God and its emissary, Jesus Christ. Those who believe blindly are not blessed. If someone were to buy a used car without asking questions, they would be called a jackass. Why, then, is blind faith in the Christian God regarded with such rabid endorsement? Is it because the writers of Christianity's claims knew they had nothing to back up their claims, and thusly had to create a system in whicht hose that would blindly follow would be reimbursed, or at least given the promise of reimbursement? Or is it because they were intolerant tyrants that believed their religion alone was just? Whatever the case, Christianity demands blind faith because it does not stand up under scrutiny.

Christians will attempt to rail you with evidence for their "faith," defeating the very purpose of having faith! If there is evidence, why does one need to blindly believe? If one b lindly believes, why do they need evidence? It is in human nature to look for evidence. Even the blind believer will seek justification for their "faith".

The Xian god and the concept of "justice" couldn't be further removed from each other.