Goodbye Jesus

Thanksgiving And Fundy Parents

trashy

All I gotta say is - I'm thankful for flasks!

Now, what to fill it with..........rum? vodka? bourbon? Yeah, I'm thinking bourbon, to spice up the eggnog a bit, that'll do it..........

:lmao:

C'mon, who's with meeeeeeeee??????

Thankfully I won't have to sneak. I'll be openly drinking, probably beer.

We don't do thanksgiving (here in France)

Thank the FSM coz it sounds like a stressful experience.

Oh yeah... 750 of rum in the trunk and a hip-flask of whiskey... and I hope that will be enough.

Honestly though, the hip-flask is for the family part. The bottle is for when I arrive at my friend's house.

:woohoo:

Edit: It's not like I need alcohol to make it through these big family gatherings. It's just that being intoxicated makes it easier to pretend I'm in some masochistic sitcom.

Oh yeah... 750 of rum in the trunk and a hip-flask of whiskey... and I hope that will be enough.

Honestly though, the hip-flask is for the family part. The bottle is for when I arrive at my friend's house.

:woohoo:

Edit: It's not like I need alcohol to make it through these big family gatherings. It's just that being intoxicated makes it easier to pretend I'm in some masochistic sitcom.

exactly - fortunately I really, really like my family - but it gets awkward some times, like when the prayer before the meal is offered up. A little alcohol helps take the edge off, and besides - I do it to get a rise out of my brother. He used to drink like a fish and still enjoys beer and weed on a regular basis, but would never dream of drinking in front of my Dad, or even admitting to it! Him watching me get a buzz on will be great comedy!

I do it to get a rise out of my brother. He used to drink like a fish and still enjoys beer and weed on a regular basis, but would never dream of drinking in front of my Dad, or even admitting to it! Him watching me get a buzz on will be great comedy!

:lmao::lmao: You're funny!

If any alcohol shows up during the day, I'll have a drink. If it doesn't, ah well. I don't care enough about it to go get any.

:shrug:

If any alcohol shows up during the day, I'll have a drink. If it doesn't, ah well. I don't care enough about it to go get any.

This is quite possibly the saddest thing I've ever read on this forum!

:HappyCry:

I haven't had a drink in 15 years but my dad, sister, and brother in law will surly drink my share. Luckily there will be no praying at the table with my father and step mother's Thanksgiving dinner. They are both agnostics and so is my sister.

Mmmmm.

I think Bailey's Irish Cream on the rocks sounds quite yummy.

Guest Lady Heather

Wow, if you have to hide alcohol then your family is like mine was (until i ditched them). For example, when I was 30 years old and had cause for celebration it was looked down upon that I wanted a drink. Obviously you're still trying to make it work with the family--hope you have a wonderful day -- The flask is a great idea and under the circumstances any alcohol would work. Do come back and let us know!

Wow, if you have to hide alcohol then your family is like mine was (until i ditched them). For example, when I was 30 years old and had cause for celebration it was looked down upon that I wanted a drink. Obviously you're still trying to make it work with the family--hope you have a wonderful day -- The flask is a great idea and under the circumstances any alcohol would work. Do come back and let us know!

They know we drink, but may be in a bit of denial about it. To drink in front of them would offend. Some day I will do Thanksgiving with wine with fellow wine lovers. I look forward to it.

This is quite possibly the saddest thing I've ever read on this forum!

:HappyCry:

:lmao: I know!! LOL, I think I was hanging out with the wrong group for thanksgiving. I shoulda been around the more fun, festive people and I betcha I woulda broke out a glass then! :HaHa:

I already had my thanksgiving being Canadian and no I didn't I didnt' bring any alcholl along with me, but I am seriously considering it for Christmas with my family... I am already dreading it...

I don't drink. My dad's family, who I take after, is full of raging alcoholics, so I don't want to take any chances.

Plus we had my mom's family over this year, which means Grandma supplied the wine, and Grandma is a cheapass on profound levels. This means the absolute cheapest, dirtiest, sewer-water wine and alcohol you can think of. Like the kind of cardboard-boxed garbage churches buy in bulk to serve for Communion.

Heh, a couple of drinks would make my dad's side coming over for another feast tomorrow go much smoother. Alas, there are teetotallers in the bunch, so no alcohol will be served. 'Course, even if there was, it'd probably be Bud Light or some shite like that.

Maybe I'll manage to sneak something into my drink anyway. We'll see.

LOL I totally agree with Sage. My dad's family reunions are like going to an AA meeting, except everyone is still drinking...

I don't drink simply because I might be genetically predisposed to being a drunk...

As it is I have nothing to do with the majority of my family. I can't stand most of them. SO I dropped my mom off at my brother's house and I went to see BOBBY(which was really good!)...

Then I went to the Buffet and had a plate of food...

Thanksgiving, to me, is nothing but an excuse for already obese Americans to have a day to gorge.