Goodbye Jesus

Slumming With The Atheists

Llwellyn

A little OT, but I've decided not to start posting on CF. I have a hard time reading what a lot of people post there. Most of it's incredibly inane.

I think it just goes to show you, the true sexual deviants are the ones that are the most repressed.

I agree. Bertrand Russell talks a lot about sexuality and that's basically the conclusion he comes to as well.

This makes me want to go join CF and represent atheism for what it is. Maybe I can change some of their opinions of non-belief.

Then I read the TOS and it's incredibly restrictive. I'm not sure I could do any good there within the limits of their orwellian rules. Does anyone else here have experience with posting on CF?

Actually, in the Debate and Discussion Section and the Current Events Section, there are a lot more agnostics and atheists than fundie wackjobs. The wackjob population is approximately 8 in this section, and they are all shot down and trampled on whenever they post anything. I haven't ventured out into other regions of the forum. I might, though, just to piss off some fundies.

On the downside, they are pretty draconian when you're new, but once you;ve been around for a while, the admins stop scrutinizing every one of your posts.

News And Current Events

Debate and Discussion (Creation/Evolution, Apologetics, Ethics, etc)

This makes me want to go join CF and represent atheism for what it is. Maybe I can change some of their opinions of non-belief.

Then I read the TOS and it's incredibly restrictive. I'm not sure I could do any good there within the limits of their orwellian rules. Does anyone else here have experience with posting on CF?

Actually, in the Debate and Discussion Section and the Current Events Section, there are a lot more agnostics and atheists than fundie wackjobs. The wackjob population is approximately 8 in this section, and they are all shot down and trampled on whenever they post anything. I haven't ventured out into other regions of the forum. I might, though, just to piss off some fundies.

On the downside, they are pretty draconian when you're new, but once you;ve been around for a while, the admins stop scrutinizing every one of your posts.

News And Current Events

Debate and Discussion (Creation/Evolution, Apologetics, Ethics, etc)

I checked it out earlier today and decided against registering. They don't allow any movement or change in one's life. They ask what religion I am and they tell me I am not allowed to change. I guess if I did there what I accidentally did on this site, I'd get kicked off. At the very least I could expect to be confronted with the request to give account for this change.

I've been referring to myself as agnostic and humanist. Then the other day I started calling myself atheist without realizing what I was doing. It was NOT a conscious change of beliefs as Christians insist, not even a conscious decision. My aim is to find truth and enjoy life. This is where my search has brought me. Will I be here forever? I have no idea.

Nor do I want to account for such deep unconscious changes. I can not expect rigid religion to understand this kind of spontaneous change so I am best off nowhere near them and their neatly segregated forums.

I feel confident that I could argue for or against practically any point in the compass I chose to argue for or against. PROBLEM: People would then believe that whatever point I chose is my personal position or belief. I guess I could register as agnostic humanist and just argue from that position forever after. But that would hamper me and seriously preclude learning for me. I would feel trapped!

Even worse, I have not studied agnosticism or humanism enough to know how to argue intelligently for that specific position. If I accidentally stepped over the line into the wrong category, I would probably be expected to either confess my sin or defend my action.

I am incapable of doing either with integrity. I know what I believe; I just don't know what label goes on it. I cannot imagine strict religion to believe this kind of thing, so I would get charged with lying. O Horrors!!!

I've talked with christians who just assume that all non christians live in a constant drunken stupor. Bouncing from party to party, and from casual sexual contact to casual sexual contact.

If only.

Also, in one country (I think turkey) they've only just changed the law that ment, without witnesses to the attack, a women claiming rape could be jailed for sex before marriage!

I was just exploring the infamous "ChristianForums" bulletin board, and I ran across this post from a Christian hoping he could get some sex action from us virtueless and unchaste non-Christians. The OP states:

This is going to be a bad topic but I'm tempted to date a non christian so i can have sex. I know it is wrong, but I am getting tired of my current gf. What should I do?

I clicked on your link just now and got this:

<Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator>

I wonder if perhaps they deleted the thread? Or does one have to be a member in order to read posts perhaps? I did not notify the administrator.

Whatever the case, that young man has a problem and it is a problem that won't be solved simply by having sex with an atheist. If any man from my former community was known to have sex with a woman other than his wife he would be disciplined by the church. This includes premarital sex with a girlfriend to whom he is committed to get married for life. (Divorce is forbidden.)

I wonder if perhaps they deleted the thread? Or does one have to be a member in order to read posts perhaps? I did not notify the administrator.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yep....they deleted it!!

And I could be wrong....but from what I recall about the thread was that it was actually a month or two old....wasn't it?

Wouldn't surprise me if it got deleted becasue WE were discussing it!

Hi there CF lurkers!! :wave::wave:

Heh, it always amuses me how much attention the CF folks seem to pay to the goings-on over here at Dave's house. I've yet to figure out whether they're keeping a watchful eye on "the enemy" or they simply have nothing better to do.

Good for a laugh either way, I suppose. :P

I've yet to figure out whether they're keeping a watchful eye on "the enemy" or they simply have nothing better to do.

Oh there's gotta be more to it than that! They have to find evidence that they are better off keeping their religion than discarding it. What better place to find this "evidence" than from the so-called lies and self-deception practiced by deconverts!

CONFESSION: I haven't read their site but I know fundy Christians.

Their moderating policies are draconian. It wouldn't surprise me if the post was deleted because of "inappropriate content." In order to control peoples' thoughts, one must be ever-vigilant. Christian Forums is run like a police state.

I don't know, however, if they monitor what we are saying here at ExChristian.net.

At a "Bigger Picture" level, this says a lot about their claims that Christianity "will set you free". There's no freedom there. It's so heavily reculated by the X'n thought police, you can't question, challenge or anything. Where's the freedom in that? This site (Ex-C), is by any measure of comparison, truly free.

If they want to slum with me, I'm up for it! I welcome any chance to assist someone in helping someone come closer to their God and give them the opportunity to shout out his name.

Many of the biggest sluts I've known have been hardcore bible thumpers. But they were also very clique-oriented... they made fun of the so-called devout christian guys and wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. Hypocrites, all of them... I'm so tired of the christer mentality that thinks we're the deviant ones and all we do is cut loose.

Sex before marriage is one of the most practical things a couple can do before tying the knot!

My wife and I lived together in our apartment for more than 6 months and we'd been together for a year before we got married. It only makes sense to try each other out sexually before making a lifelong intimate commitment.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... goddamn christianity, goddamn it all to hell.

It was a cliche in my boyhood if you wanted to get some go to a pentecostal church and wait for the girls out back when they let out.

Yes some people I know spend more time and scrutiny buying a car than choosing their lovemate for a lifetime of love and commitment. And I ought to know I had 3 successful divorces.