Goodbye Jesus

Catholic Site Posts Protestant Wall Of Shame

Mongo

At this site: http://www.catholicapologetics.net/tpwos.htm Catholic apologetics have decided that the best way to put their morality issues into context is to point out the indescretions of the Protestants.

I couldn't make up my mind whether to laugh or cry. It is a sad attempt to justify Mount Cashel et cetera.

Mongo

9 "scandals" and all but 2 involve homosexuality. And not in any type of illegal way. Gay pastor, lesbian pastor, pro-gay talks. I suppose if you're really anti-gay then these would be good arguments, but really not so much.

Guest BaylorBear

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. So the ECUSA has an openly gay bishop, at least they don't elect leaders who are murderers, philanderers, etc.

Read The Bad Popes (1969) by E. R. Chamberlin for more skeletons in the Vatican's closet.

BB

Arrrrgh... when are people going to get over the idea that fewer religious casualties means a religion is somehow "better" than the next??

I will never understand this need to keep score. Things like this Catholic "Wall O'Shame" or the arguments about "well maybe Xianity killed X number in the Crusades, but atheists slaughtered Y million in the name of [stalinism, communism, insert your favorite political godless bugaboo here]..." Yeah, like it's really so damn honorable to argue about the size of the planks in each other's eyes. Jeez! :vent:

Every fucking religion on the planet has blood on its hands. It seems so fucking petty to me to act as if one is somehow "better" than another because they have less blood on their hands. Big fucking deal, it's still blood, it's still man's inhumanity to man; it doesn't matter what damn label anybody's using to hide behind.

I mean, the Catholic church over the centuries has been responsible for the Crusades, the Inquisitorial courts, the Marian persecution, St. Bartholemew's Massacre, aiding and abetting the Nazis before and during WWII, and of course the most recent scandal, involving the systematic, decades-long abuse of children and the coverup of said abuse... and websites slamming others is the best they can fucking do??

Well, I'm not fucking impressed. And I'm not fooled, either. :Wendywhatever: Assholes.

Okay. Rant over.

Let the caths and the prots point fingers at each other all they like...it doesn't matter to me. I'll just sit back and enjoy the theological scrimmage. Pop some popcorn, pour a beer, and enjoy the show.

Let the caths and the prots point fingers at each other all they like...it doesn't matter to me. I'll just sit back and enjoy the theological scrimmage. Pop some popcorn, pour a beer, and enjoy the show.

Preach it :)

The more in-fighting, the better.

Preach it :)

The more in-fighting, the better.

As long as they arent bombing each other and starting wars like they used to.