Goodbye Jesus

Is Everyone As Fed-up With "ambush Evangelism" As I Am?

Pegasus_Voyager

I was participating in a talent show sponsored by the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, Fort Wayne, IN chapter. The show opened with a Christian prayer uttered by a minister. There was no forewarning nor was anyone given an opportunity to leave if they did not wish to participate. Everyone there sang sentimentalized gospel songs, while I sang "Born to be Wild" by SteppenWolf. At the end, it turned into a praise and worship session, with hands reaching to Heaven. I voiced my displeasure to the head of Fort Wayne NAMI's venue(The Carriage House) at a group meeting, and they wholeheartedy agreed it was inappropriate. The irony of it is, Fort Wayne NAMI shoves religion down it's mentally ill members throats, trying to convince them that "Jesus gonna make it all better", and I rejected religion outright, and I'm the highest functioning schizophrenic there! Go figure! If you have similar stories, I'd be interested!

Right now, in South Korea, refugees from North Korea are being pulled out of the freezing ocean by SK Christian ministers, who immediately start proselytizing as soon as it's confirmed that the victim is still breathing. They are warned that if they do not submit to Christianity, "God" will send them back to North Korea.

Also right now, Asian immigrants are arriving on the West Coast and being told by missionaries waiting there that they will not be granted American citizenship without converting to Christianity.

Right now, in South Korea, refugees from North Korea are being pulled out of the freezing ocean by SK Christian ministers, who immediately start proselytizing as soon as it's confirmed that the victim is still breathing. They are warned that if they do not submit to Christianity, "God" will send them back to North Korea.

Also right now, Asian immigrants are arriving on the West Coast and being told by missionaries waiting there that they will not be granted American citizenship without converting to Christianity.

This may very well be true. If so, what an outrage. Do you have a link to a news article about either situation?

-CC in MA

To quote Bob Dylan in his song "Do Right To Me Baby" on his first album (Slow Train Coming) after embracing Messianic Judiasm (which he subsequently un-embraced): "Don't wanna wink at nobody, don't wanna be winked at."

I am growing weary of being evangelized (winked at) altogether! By Johnson & Johnson, or the Republicrats or Democans or Anheuseur-Busch or TomKat hype.

Heck, the Dylan song is so good, here it is:

Do Right To Me Baby by Bob Dylan, 1979

Don't wanna judge nobody, don't wanna be judged,

Don't wanna touch nobody, don't wanna be touched.

Don't wanna hurt nobody, don't wanna be hurt,

Don't wanna treat nobody like they was dirt.

But if you do right to me, baby,

I'll do right to you, too.

Ya got to do unto others

Like you'd have them, like you'd have them, do unto you.

Don't wanna shoot nobody, don't wanna be shot,

Don't wanna buy nobody, don't wanna be bought.

Don't wanna bury nobody, don't wanna be buried,

Don't wanna marry nobody if they're already married.

Ya got to do unto others

Don't wanna burn nobody, don't wanna be burned,

Don't wanna learn from nobody what I gotta unlearn.

Don't wanna cheat nobody, don't wanna be cheated,

Don't wanna defeat nobody if they already been defeated.

Ya got to do unto others

Don't wanna wink at nobody, don't wanna be winked at,

Don't wanna be used by nobody for a doormat.

Don't wanna confuse nobody, don't wanna be confused,

Don't wanna amuse nobody, don't wanna be amused.

Ya got to do unto others

Don't wanna betray nobody, don't wanna be betrayed,

Don't wanna play with nobody, don't wanna be waylaid.

Don't wanna miss nobody, don't wanna be missed,

Don't put my faith in nobody, not even a scientist.

Ya got to do unto others

Copyright © 1979 Special Rider Music

-CC in MA

Hello, fellow Hoosier!

Yes, that kind of thing is very common around here for some reason. I find it deceptive and disgusting.