Goodbye Jesus

Atheism Is Not a Religion

webmdave

And once again, you put words in my mouth. I in no way claim that knowing or not knowing the origin of the universe validates theism, I've said, over and over, we don't know either way.

Of course we do, and not being able to explain the origin of the universe has nothing to do with it. God's are made up beings, complete fabrications just like unicorns.

In either case, a claim is a position that you've declared.

In the first sentence, it expresses belief.

In the second, it is a statement of fact.

Both are expressions of a negative belief. One is a negative statement, the other is a negative claim.

In either case, you are just are required to offer a basis for such a belief; other than that the opposite opinion be proven either.

No, I am not. That's two fallacies you've commited. The burden of proof is on the person asserting a positive claim, not on the challenger. Atheism is a challenging position.

There are no requirements for challenging a position that has been unevidenced or unproven.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asimov

• Clergicide

• The Paineful Truth

• Jun

I've said, over and over, we don't know either way.

Of course we do.... God's are made up beings, complete fabrications just like unicorns.

You've just made an absolute statement that there is/are no God(s), with the same absolute certainty that Evangelicals claim that there is.

I can say no more.

I've said, over and over, we don't know either way.

Of course we do.... God's are made up beings, complete fabrications just like unicorns.

You've just made an absolute statement that there is/are no God(s), with the same absolute certainty that Evangelicals claim that there is.

I can say no more.

I am confident that you can say a lot more, and will.

There is huge difference between his saying that gods are fabrications, and Evangelicals claiming otherwise. Can you guess what it is?

I can say no more.

Yes, I have, what's your point? I also make an absolute statement that 1+1=2 with the same absolute certainty that Evangelicals claim that it is, so your statement is a red herring.

God is an incoherent concept, Paine.