Goodbye Jesus

If God Hates Abortions, Why Did He Perform Them?

Pegasus_Voyager

I wrote this back in July and posted it on two apologetics boards. Can you predict the response? Yep, you got it! The old, "God can do what he pleases because he's God" number. In other words, if God pours gasoline on a baby, sets it on fire, and beats it to death with a baseball bat, hey, it's okay and morally acceptable, because, well, just because God did it! So much for moral objectivity, huh?

The abortion debate has indeed been the most emotionally-charged "hot-button" moral issue in America since Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973.Evangelical Christians in America were the first to answer what they perceived were their "deployment orders" to fight in this "Holy War" from a God whom they claimed loathed abortion and vehemently and vociferously denounced it as first-degree murder! I know, because I was one of them, and I still agree with Christians that abortion(for profit, when the life of the mother is not in danger) is murder and that abortionists are wicked and evil murderers!

My Christian friends, do you not think that is likely, plausible, and VERY feasible that pregnant women died in Noah's flood? Yes, you know the answer to that. And when they died, so did their innocent, unborn babies, and guess who murdered those babies?? A "righteous and just" God! God, by default, is an abortionist. Now, are you going to insult my intelligence by saying that those babies were "collateral damage" in the flood, as the animals were? No, I'm sorry, but that "dog won't hunt!" Did anyone hold a gun to God's head and force him against his free will to drown the world? Is God so powerless and impotent that he couldn't perform a "surgical strike" and individually kill off all the wicked people and leave innocent children and babies, both in and out of the womb, alone?

And what about Sodom and Gomorrah? Have you deluded yourselves into believing there were no pregnant women there? Obviously, there had to be, because the blinking place didn't repopulate with "Cabbage-Patch Dolls” or with visits from the stork!

And what about when God killed the first born of Egypt? Note carefully, that the Bible didn't say first born male, it just said "first-born"! Do you think there is better than an excellent chance that pregnant women were amongst that bunch? And even if there weren't, what about a first born child that was only one day old, only or one week old? Doesn't God condemn the shedding of innocent blood? Is God a “do as I say, not do as I do” supreme being?

Now, I will be frank with you, I'm not convinced that Noah's flood took place, but the vast majority of Evangelical/Fundamentalist Christians do! If you do believe it took place, then you are going to have to some soul-searching and ask yourselves (and reconcile in your hearts) how you can vehemently condemn abortion as murder and do it with God's blessing, when the very God you claim blesses your efforts is obviously guilty of being an abortionist if Old Testament Biblical events are accurate and truthful!

Copyright©Robert T.Permar, July 20, 2006

YOU MAY COPY AND RE-DISTRIBUTE THIS IN IT'S ENTIRETY, AS LONG AS I AM CREDITED AS THE AUTHOR.

First of all, nice avatar :goodjob:

Secondly, the answer to your question is: Because no one thought to proofread before they wrote this stuff down. The Babble is chock full of instances where Biblegodzilla (in all his various incarnation) totally contradicts himself. Check out Skeptic's Annotated Babble for a nice list of for-instances.

First of all, nice avatar :goodjob:

Secondly, the answer to your question is: Because no one thought to proofread before they wrote this stuff down. The Babble is chock full of instances where Biblegodzilla (in all his various incarnation) totally contradicts himself. Check out Skeptic's Annotated Babble for a nice list of for-instances.

Biblegodzilla...don't you mean babblegodzilla.... :grin: (I grin every time I read that!)

Could it be (I got in trouble once for writing "could it be," but I'll risk it again) that this Earth is the womb of God and God is pro-choice?

Could it be that unknown to us, God saved all the innocent ones in the Flood and in Sodom (if these things happened) and placed those innocent ones somewhere else?

Could it be that these things never happened and, therefore, can not be used against any possible "Something" out there?

Could it be ... I have no more right now...

-CC in MA

Could it be that unknown to us, God saved all the innocent ones in the Flood and in Sodom (if these things happened) and placed those innocent ones somewhere else?

Could it be that, since babies and the unborn (all of which must have existed during this mythical "flood") cannot do evil and hence are innocent, the Abrahamic god is indeed a murdering asshole? :scratch:

Though when you say that "could it be that these things never happened...?", I am inclined to agree - since there is no evidence for Jebus, a worldwide flood, a young earth, etc - all of which are stated in or implied in the Babble?

I just use "Biblegodzilla" out of habit - a little more insulting to the Babble that way, I think. Glad you like it nonetheless ;)