Goodbye Jesus

Jesus A Rapist And Incest Deviate?

Metroplex

If Jesus is God and God is Jesus, does that mean that Jesus commited incest with her mum and raped her because she didn't have a choice on the matter?

mmmmmm, that's an interesting question.

If Jesus is God and God is Jesus, does that mean that Jesus commited incest with her mum and raped her because she didn't have a choice on the matter?

Who knows, Mary might have been the 100th woman approached by Gabriel before he found someone willing to cooperate. Mary, however, did have a choice and she made it: "Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word." (Luke 1.38, NRSV)

No sexual intercourse was invovled, so no rape, no incest, no sexual offense. Seems to me that Jesus was conceived by something akin to IVF.

-CC in MA

Who knows, Mary might have been the 100th woman approached by Gabriel before he found someone willing to cooperate. Mary, however, did have a choice and she made it: "Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word." (Luke 1.38, NRSV)

No sexual intercourse was invovled, so no rape, no incest, no sexual offense. Seems to me that Jesus was conceived by something akin to IVF.

-CC in MA

How does Luke know what Mary said word for word on that night?

-CC in MA

How does Luke know what Mary said word for word on that night?

The author claims that these stories were "handed on to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses...." He also claims to have investigated "everything carefully from the first, to write an orderly account...so that you may know the truth concerning the things about which you have been instructed."

I suppose Luke got this Marian quote the same way Bob Woodward gets all those juicy quotes from private conversations in the White House. :HaHa:

We need our time machine again!

-CC in MA

The biblegod doesn't have much of a history of asking people for things.

The author claims that these stories were "handed on to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses...." He also claims to have investigated "everything carefully from the first, to write an orderly account...so that you may know the truth concerning the things about which you have been instructed."

I suppose Luke got this Marian quote the same way Bob Woodward gets all those juicy quotes from private conversations in the White House. :HaHa:

-CC in MA

Eyewitnesses eh, so Mary herself told the story or there was someone else present to see it.

Sorry, have no idea who Bob Woodward is.

A time machine would be good, I'll order one from Santa. :D

No. None of them existed. They are only characters in a myth. Why waste so much time and energy worrying about the characters in a myth? Dump the bible and move on.

-CC in MA

Eyewitnesses eh, so Mary herself told the story or there was someone else present to see it.

Sorry, have no idea who Bob Woodward is.

A time machine would be good, I'll order one from Santa. :D

If you get that time machine, Jun, please, please, please -- do give me at least one ride. I think mwc would like to go with us, too!

Bob Woodward of the famed Woodward-Bernstein duo who "brought down" President Nixon in 1974. Then he was a reporter for the Washington Post and now he's assistant managing editor there. He seems to be the proverbial fly on the wall for every conversation that takes place everywhere. I think he enjoys omnipresence, actually! Here's a link about him.

-CC in MA

No. None of them existed. They are only characters in a myth. Why waste so much time and energy worrying about the characters in a myth? Dump the bible and move on.

Ah, Dave. Brief, to the point, and eloquent as always.

Ah, Dave. Brief, to the point, and eloquent as always.
Eloquent? I've never been accused of being eloquent before. :grin:

Who knows, Mary might have been the 100th woman approached by Gabriel before he found someone willing to cooperate.

Are we sure that Gabriel is male? Gabriel is a feminine name and in Hebrew myth, Garbriel was associated with the moon and female fertility. This brings a new question: can lesbian sex with angels result in immaculate conception?

I thought Gabriel was a unisex name, and before that, a masculine one.

It could be debated either way, but typically, Gabriel in Hebrew is feminine. In much of Hebrew mythology, Gabriel is female. In Chaldean mythology, there is a god with similar attributes to Gabriel called Jibril, who is male. Arabic myth sees Gabriel as male, but the majority of Jewish and Hebrew myth dating as late as 900 AD, views Gabriel as essentially an ancient Hebrew fertility goddess in angel form. Christianity never actually clarifies whether or not angels even have sexual attributes sort of viewing them more as androgynous beams of God-light.

I wouldn't be suprised there are other myths where god sleeps with his wife, is reborn, grows up and becomes the husband again, the old husband dies so he's reincarnated as the son. I'm thinking of the oak king holy king story I'm not sure if that's were they got the idea. I'm not sure if she was raped or not, But it's hipocritical to make mary commit adultry.

It could be debated either way, but typically, Gabriel in Hebrew is feminine. In much of Hebrew mythology, Gabriel is female. In Chaldean mythology, there is a god with similar attributes to Gabriel called Jibril, who is male.

I thought Jibril was the way Muslims spelt/pronounced the name. I looked it up, and Gabriel is generally thought to be male, though that might just be recent.

I also read once that the name of the archangel Michael was more accurately translated Michiah, a female name.