Goodbye Jesus

The Qur'an

currentchristian

The bible is a bunch of bullshit that has lead to radical terrorism and a great multitude of evil. It is a book of vitriolic poison and hate. The world would have been better off without it.

Jesus was a child molesting pedophile.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• currentchristian

• Jun

• nick5

The bible is a bunch of bullshit that has lead to radical terrorism and a great multitude of evil. It is a book of vitriolic poison and hate. The world would have been better off without it.

Jun, who are you trying to convince? We are not exactly big fans of the Bible here either.

Jun, who are you trying to convince? We are not exactly big fans of the Bible here either.

Er, I don't intend to "convince" anyone. I saw a chance to draw a comparison.

Isn't 'child molesting pedophile[sic]' a tautology?

Zechariah, the leader of the house of Jacob, yearns for a son, who is.....John the Baptist

Yeah, well even The Bible seems to have Jesus' family lineage wrong too. One Gospel says that Joseph's father was Heli; the other says he was Jacob. Go figure. And this makes no sense why it would matter anyway, except that Jesus, to fulfill The Scripture, had to have come from the line of (the idolator) Solomon and (the murderer/adulterer) David. So, Joseph-- who was his step-father-- was supposedly of their line. Why would it matter is beyond me, since Jesus is not a blood relative of Joseph and was not his biological son! This is one of the things that makes me to see The Bible as a political book of lies, crafted to make Jesus look especially holy, a unique miraculously conceived child of a virgin. But at the same time trying to tie him into the Old Testament royal line to make him look like a fulfillment of Scripture. The only problem is that in so doing, they have not established a logical connection; rather, the Gospel writers' have made Joseph's supposed bloodline his own when it is irrelevant if Jesus was not his son. This is a bizarre set of facts that makes me to think that it was just an attempt by the writers to further their own agenda. Ironically, these two contradictions which were written with the intention of convincing of the divinity of Christ actually negate the seeming truth of it! In Revelation Jesus says " I am the root and the offspring of David." Well, according to his word he's not. And if he is, then he was not born of a virgin, which makes his supposed word based on lies. And if such a central point is an error, then the whole Bible is not to be trusted.

Depending on how you define "molestation", you could say that one who has consensual sex with a child (inasmuch as a child can give consent to that of course!) isn't molesting same...

...not something I'd agree with, but I guess it would be possible. :shrug:

Not necessarily, pedophile (or paedophile as it were ;)) refers to the desire and 'child molesting' refers to the action. A person could be a pedophile without ever acting on their impulses and someone could molest a child without normally being sexually attracted to children (as an expression of power, for example).

:)

So what do we think about the Qur'an?

What do we think about it? As a collective, you mean? Think what you like but I'm pretty sure it's as much bull-shit as the Bible, Dianetics, Book of Mormon, Satanic Bible, etc. They're all fiction.

Dianetics isn't that bad as a pulp fiction. Hubbard may not have been the worlds greatest writer but he could keep the pages turning to a degree... It's a bit like reading someone's version of the Necronomicon...

As far a literature goes, I'll give you that it's somewhat intriguing. As a basis for an honest world-view goes it's bunk.

As I said, it's like the Necronomicon... or the Shaver stories...

Have you ever perused a copy of The Anarchist's Cookbook, Gramps? You'll put yourself at risk of being tagged by the government (in the U.S., at least) but it's quite an interesting read and is quite a practical resource (if you don't happen to have the recipe for hash brownies or napalm).

With all the back-and-forth currently are you trying to get me to artificially inflate my post numbers? haha

Since I know how to make Thermite, never felt the need for hash (my brain chem is odd enough without help) and knowing both the traditional and domestic methods of making napalm (both involve petrol, but one doesn't use phosphor and polystyrene) I've never felt the need to read it 'cover to cover'... Although there are a goodly number of ways to lose a couple of fingers, if not a whole hand in some of the stuff in there, and some of it would just be embarrassing, since it would do nothing rapidly.

I seem to recall having the recipe for the "world's most powerful no-nuclear explosive" which is a binary... but it was more for the joy of knowing than ever feeling the need to use it...

And I already have a special branch file. I was a "known associate of politically active foreign nationals'... I doubt it did them much good, since I numbered among my circle numerous communists, more than a few dissidents (pro-Democracy eastern Europeans) and several South Africans from 'pro-apartheid' families... My politics tend to be broad spectrum... bordering on apathy...

• 2 weeks later...
Unlike the Bible, the Qur'an was birthed relatively recently (7th century C.E.), over a relatively short period of time (quarter of a century), as an alleged direct revelation from The God (Allah) to one man, allegedly a prophet named Muhammad. It was very quickly codified as one text and has remained in that form to this very day. The historicity of the Qur'an is much more attested to than the historicity of the Bible and its provenance is more certain.

Here are some links:

University of Southern California Compendium of Muslim Texts

History of the Qur'an

Wikipedia entry on the Qur'an

Contradictions in the Qur'an (Christian website)

Recitation of Qur'an (mp3 or Real Player)

-CC in MA

Damn. Ex-C is just infested with skeptics all over the place.

:grin:

Unlike the Bible, the Qur'an was birthed relatively recently (7th century C.E.), over a relatively short period of time (quarter of a century), as an alleged direct revelation from The God (Allah) to one man, allegedly a prophet named Muhammad. It was very quickly codified as one text and has remained in that form to this very day. The historicity of the Qur'an is much more attested to than the historicity of the Bible and its provenance is more certain.

Here are some links:

University of Southern California Compendium of Muslim Texts

History of the Qur'an

Wikipedia entry on the Qur'an

Contradictions in the Qur'an (Christian website)

Recitation of Qur'an (mp3 or Real Player)

-CC in MA

Damn. Ex-C is just infested with skeptics all over the place.

:grin:

Wait a minute...

What I read is not so skeptical....not as much as I thought it would be...

The quran is a bunch of bullshit that has lead to radical terrorism and a great multitude of evil. It is a book of vitriolic poison and hate. The world would have been better off without it.

Exactly like the Bible.

Jesus may not have been a child molesting peadophile - if he even existed...but a fuck of a lot of his fans were.

It's nice they have an interest outside church...

• 2 weeks later...

Pithy, if not informative...