Goodbye Jesus

Stupid Fundy License Plate Gimmick

Amethyst

I went shopping to get decorations, among other things, and as I was driving home, I was behind a car with a light up scrolling thing on the bottom of the license plate with a Bible verse. It was the one that says "no one comes to the father except through me."

Now, I've never seen those scrolly things before, but how annoying can you possibly get? Someone would have to be truly fundy to put somehing like that on their car. I am sure that the fundies will use more of those things to proselytize, too.

What's next, turning vehicles into billboards? :ugh:

Ah yes,, fundies are using those stupid things now,

To distract drivers and reduce road safety.

think about it. ........ Its a distraction to all drivers who are directly behind it.

Therefore it interferes with safe opperation of vehicles.

That fundie could cause an accident, and not care, as long as they get to impose their cult on the rest of us.

Good point, they are a distraction. I'm just surprised that I haven't seen companies using them to advertise products yet. I suppose they will soon enough.

Hmmm.

I have the sneaking suspicion that something like that would be illegal in this state, because of the distraction issue... but I'm not sure.

In any case that's really really annoying. Damn fundies...

In our state any alterations of a license plate including placing a clear cover over it is against the law.

I'm sure the first person stopped and ticketed will scream persecution, will sue on the grounds of their freedom of speech and freedom of religion being curtailed and will try to have the law changed.

Personally I find the personalised license plates just as irratating. Saw one the other day that said CHSN1 as he weaved in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed. Glad to know he is the chosen 1 because he keeps driving like that he's gonna go to the pearly gates real quick. Then there are lots that say Psalm something or other.

It's illegal here to have lights along the bottom of your car, I'm SURE most places would say it's illegal to have scrolling writing like that. They're annoying enough on roadsides.

I also find it funny that people can "come to the father" via this person's distracting bumper. Maybe they are TRYING to get somebody killed?

Illegal in all states of Australia too to have any flashing lights on a vehicle which are not fitted by the manufacturer for use in signalling driving intentions.

Found it:

http://www.streettags.com/Scrolling_LED_Li...p/stz-ch-au.htm

It does say as a disclaimer that you have to check local laws....but who is going to pay attention to that?

These must be fairly new. I couldn't find complaints listed about them (and there have to be some complaints).

They look like a really bad idea regardless of the message being scrolled. Very distracting.

Definitely illegal here in California. You can report cars that violate this.

Should have taken the license plate down and reported it! muhahahaha...

Guest Firehawk

On a recent trip I saw something interesting on one of those brackets that people attach to their license plates to advertise football teams, car dealerships and such:

It said, "In case of the rapture this vehicle will be unmanned."

I just happened to have post-its with me at the time and I wrote down this website's address and stuck it on that person's driver's-side mirror...

Wonder if they ever bothered to check the site out???

:grin:

I think those third tail lights that flash are also distracting and should be illegal, but they aren't. It just looks like they're pumping the brakes.

Also, you can smite those damn fundies with your own license plate antics. I saw these license plate frames at Wal-Mart the other day that have letters you re-order to make your own message.

==SMILE==

47JK638

THERE IS NO GOD

Often times the enforcement of those "features" on cars is lax to nonexistient due to state-to-state confusion in the US. Doubly so if the car has out-of-state tags. I've heard that Kansas, for instance, has next to no restrictions on vehicle mods.

It was the one that says "no one comes to the father except through me."

I don't know why but that verse irritates me more than anything. I think it's because Christians tend to say it so arrogantly, as if they've got a direct line with god or something.

Anyway I wonder what these Christians would do if a muslim had one of those scrolling that said "no ones comes to God except through Islam"? I am sure then they would have a fit and want them banned. Remember, religious freedom is only for Christians in the US...

Remember, religious freedom is only for Christians in the US...

And Australia.......

Yeah, that's very distracting and unnecessary. It's bad enough that they hand out tracts to non-believers and try to persuade them even after numerous rejections. Those fundies with those biblical license plates deserve to be honked at. There should be license plates that say, "God exists? Prove it!"

Reminds me of one of my faves that I say today: "Dog is my co-pilot"...always makes me chuckle. :P

But most bumper-stickers can be classed in the "why would anyone ever agree to put that on their car?" :twitch:

I don't know why but that verse irritates me more than anything. I think it's because Christians tend to say it so arrogantly, as if they've got a direct line with god or something.

The one I hate is "Every knee shall bow." It's as if they get off on the thought of their brutal deity forcing obeisance before he tosses you into the pit. I think it is sick. It is especially disconcerting because so many of them are genuinely nice people. Somehow they can't bring themselves to require as much of their deity. They think it defines what is right, even if what is "right" seems barbaric. They make excuses like, "His eyes are too pure to look upon sin."

That sounds like poor planning to me.

The one I hate is "Every knee shall bow."

Ah yes, I forgot about this one. In fact this one might actually be my most hated, or at least run neck in neck with "nobody comes to the father.... yada yada" :grin:

Even as a Christian, I found that verse irritating, primarily because of the arrogance behind it. I find it even more irritating now.

Time to stalk a parking area near Volkswagen in Wolfsburg again, hunting for that car i saw some time ago... fiery red paint job (I swear the first time you see it you shy from touching it... you're scared of getting burned) all over, and the license plate - no vanity stuff over here, so you need quite some luck to get stuff like that! - reads "HE-LL 666". Made me grin real good... :lmao: