Ugh...rotten Egg Smell

Amethyst

So I came home from work today, and the whole building stinks like rotten eggs because they are replacing the boiler.

:ugh: What a way to end the day.

At least it didn't smell like a rotting corpse. I lived in a building where someone had died in their apartment, and no one noticed for a couple weeks. It was only reported in the end because of the gagging stench in the hallway of that floor.

At least it didn't smell like a rotting corpse. I lived in a building where someone had died in their apartment, and no one noticed for a couple weeks. It was only reported in the end because of the gagging stench in the hallway of that floor.

That's really sad, actually.

Oh, and they also shampooed our carpets today, which didn't help at all because there was more humidity in the air.

That's really sad, actually.

The city can be a cold and uncaring place.

I remember waking up to a smell so bad it was litterally painful to breathe when I opened my door. I think it had something to the sewage, or a damaged pipe that had to be repaired.

Every once in a while at work the a sewer line will break or clog up or whatever beneath the store, resulting in a rotting-turds smell. I keep wondering whether to blame Wal-Mart (for probably making the inexperienced and untrained maintenance guys take care of it to cut costs) or the city of Shitville - er, Fenton, MO (for doing a shitty repair job every time).