Goodbye Jesus

Facebook Christians

Rafiki

I don't know how many of you guys have Facebook, but I have one and I go to the University of Oklahoma. There are 60 registered athiests and over 500 Christians (which probably equals thousands). I spend the majority of my time on Facebook just reading random Christian profiles.

It just cracks me up how many people list the "Lord" as their first "Interest" and then under "Quotes" they list 20 Bible verses. You then can click on their pictures and they are usually wasted holding a beer.

I also love the fact that so many of them list the Bible as their favorite book. I mean have you ever tried to read Numbers?

Few of my friends know that I am an atheist now. I'm going to register myself as one as soon as I tell my dad about my disbelief because I don't want him to find out before I tell him. I just know one of my friends would tell their parents who would tell my parents (which is how I got caught drinking in high school). But that day is going to be great when I register as an atheist and put under my quotes,

"My favorite Bible verse: 'Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished. Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it. Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.' Isaiah 13:15-18

Yeah, way too many bible verses in the quotes. Well, mine are all Ayn Rand, so I guess I do similar things.

My favorite part of a facebook christian's profile is the following:

:: MY to do :: the bottom line ::

find a man who loves GOD more than he loves me and to learn how to love like i've never been hurt...

I don't know about anyone else here, but that makes me want to throw up. I would never want to be with someone who loved someone else more than me, and that's assuming the person is real. An imaginary friend would be much worse.