Goodbye Jesus

The God Who Wasn't There

webmdave

• Admin

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-7498241687701731240&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

One hour long

Buy this video by clicking here.

Holding modern Christianity up to a bright spotlight, this eye-opening documentary asks the questions few dare to ask. "Did Jesus even exist?" is just the beginning for The God Who Wasn't There. Your guide through the world of Christendom is former fundamentalist Brian Flemming, joined by such luminaries as Jesus Seminar fellow Robert M. Price, author Sam Harris and historian Richard Carrier.

In addition to the film, which won the Best Documentary award at the 2005 Grassroots Cinema Film Festival, this feature-packed DVD includes:

-Special commentary tracks with Richard Dawkins and Earl Doherty

-Over one hour of compelling additional interview footage

-An in-depth Web-enabled slide show

-Music from the soundtrack

-Bios of all participants

This provocative DVD takes off the gloves and gives religion an unprecedented, no-holds-barred examination. So hold on to your faith. It's in for a bumpy ride.

Buy this video by clicking here.

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2006/12...asnt-there.html

This is an absolutely superb DVD. BUY IT! :D:3:

• 3 weeks later...
This is an absolutely superb DVD. BUY IT! :D:3:

Yeah, it's good. I have a copy as well. It's best part is showing the similarities between the stories ascribed to Jesus and those ascribed to past "savior-gods". The parallels are amazing.

• Admin
Google appears to have removed the video you embedded.

Yup.

You'll just have to buy the video, instead.

It's worth the money.

It's worth the money.

Not really. Some of the bible verses are misquotes and a lot of the facts are a bit off. His bias is more than obvious. The whole purpose for the film seems to be "they hurt me, so I'm going to hurt them." As such, it appears that the movie was rushed; either that, or he didn't care.

It's worth the money.

Not really. Some of the bible verses are misquotes and a lot of the facts are a bit off. His bias is more than obvious. The whole purpose for the film seems to be "they hurt me, so I'm going to hurt them." As such, it appears that the movie was rushed; either that, or he didn't care.

I've only watched some excerpts from it on YouTube.

I think the film has great merit because although there are many people who are aware of atheism, and even the whys and wherefores of atheism, these guys go one step further. Jesus never existed. There was no such physical guy.

For me that was such a cold shock. It's one thing to have Dan Brown's talking bollocks about Magdalene and templars and such, but to be shown the idea, logically, rationally and coldly that there never was a man Jesus is just HUGE.

It has bias. It has flaws, but it's powerful stuff. For all the fence sitters who do the "OK the church has done some bad stuff thru history, but the teachings of Jesus are sound" This is a smack in the teeth. It is possible that there never was a Jesus.

Man!

It's worth the money.

There is an FAQ which addresses the Luke 19:27 and Hebrews 8:4 quotes to my satisfaction. These do not seem to be misquotes.

http://www.thegodmovie.com/faq.php

There are quotes in the movie where he quotes two very close sentences in a long historical document and combines them into one quote without providing the "..." to indicate that irrelevant text was taken out. That is the only complaint that I have.

The movie seems to be targeted at former Christians. I do not see a Christian sitting comfortably though that movie, but then again, I do not see a Christian sitting comfortably though any movie that challenges their faith, so the movie does not attempt to "make nice."

It still seems well worth it to me; unless if you have already escaped the clutches of religion and are knowledgeable about early Christianity.