Goodbye Jesus

My history of cinema teacher is now damned to hell

webmdave

• Admin

A few hours ago, my history of cinema teacher, according to fundamentalist doctrine, cemented her place in hell for all eternity. She is now, according to doctrine, damned for eternity, condemned to a place of eternal pain, torture, and, if you believe it, fire. She will be eternally seperated from God, never again to see her loved ones, to see her friends or family.

She is a kind, cheerful individual who isn't afraid to joke around. She's really a nice, good person who by no means should go to eternal punishment. But alas, accoridng to christian fundamentalists, she's now damned for eternity.

I don't know if she's a christian or not, or if she has accepted Jesus as her lord and savior. After what she did, she'll definitly need it.

How do I know that she's damned? Well, go take a look at this survey (warning: Fundamentalist christian ideas ahead designed to scare you, induce guilt, make you feel like a rotten individual, so on and so forth. In other words, typical stuff. Proceed with caution).

If you take the survey (It would be a good idea not to do so), and if you're an honest person, you will no doubt answer truthfully that yes, you have been envious of things others have, that you have had sexual fantasies about women you don't know, and that you've lied about others. What does this bible-themed site have to say about that?

The Bible says if you have broken even one of the commandments you are guilty of breaking all of the law. You, Satan, are a sinner and the punishment is death, an eternity in hell... but wait!!

Before you ask, I entered Satan's name as a joke. But take a closer look at that statement...

The Bible says if you have broken even one of the commandments you are guilty of breaking all of the law.

Doesn't that seem a little odd? If you break even one law, you've broken all of them. That's comparable to saying "Because you've spoken slander about that person and harmed thier reputation, you are guilty of slander, murder, theft, grand theft auto, resisting arrest, taking marijuana, taking drugs, harboring illegal immigrants, plotting to assasinate the president..." etc, etc. This type of justice is insane. Yes, you may have committed slander, but you certianlly are not guilty of posessing drugs or plotting to assasinate the president. In our society, would it not be a bit crazy if someone broke one law and was thus charged with breaking every single law in the books? That would be insane.

If God is perfect and just...would he really use that same type of justice? Wouldn't his system of justice be better then our own, human made system of justice? Wouldn't it be more fair, more just, and would be reconciling? Wouldn't that make more sense?

One christian friend of mine once told me that the reason we have to accept Jesus is because no faults are allowed in heaven. I have commented on this before, but I will say it again. Wouldn't a perfect God be better then we are? Wouldn't this God be more just?

Doesn't the God found in the bible, in this fundamenatlist survey, seem like a really sick, sadistic individual who mercilesly slams down damnation for breaking even one law? Wouldn't a perfect God be...better then that?

The God found in that website (the one with the survey), is without a doubt a man-made invention desinged to control people and scare them. No perfect, loving God could possibly condemn people to an eternity in hell simply for making one mistake. And don't pay attention to what fundamenatlist apologists say, for there is NO reason to justify it. None whatsoever.

In a way, it's amusing how that survey ends with this:

Now go into the world and live as one who has been rescued from the flames of hell by a merciful Creator! Warn those who rebel against God and bless those who persecute you for it. Take every opportunity to be a blessing to those around you. Live Holy lives because God is Holy.

This holy and merciful creator condemns people to eternal hell for making a single mistake? Well, the christian bible does warn about idols...

You're probably wondering why my teacher is condemned to hell. The answer is...she joked to a student about "God help you if you sign up to re-take a quiz and don't show up! Oh my lord!" And because she took holy, loving and merciful God's name in vain (Lord), she's now going to be ripped apart by demons for all of eternity, as well as possibly be barbecued and roasted alive for all eternity.

And now the big question...does anyone with a rational mind see the problem here?

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2006/12...her-is-now.html

We no longer have to pay the penalty for our sins! Jesus died in our place. He took all our sin upon his sinless body so that we may live blameless, without shame or disgrace!

I am going to hell according to the survey, <_< anyway this is what makes Christianity hilarious. I finally figured out what Jesus did now we no longer fry in hell because of our sins we fry in hell if we don't believe in him. (So more people get to enjoy Hell) All God/Jesus did was changed the rules on us that is the only difference in the issue. People always were going to burn in hell so when the New Testament came out they switched the reason for burning in hell. So now you can sin all you want, just believe in Jesus. ( I wonder how much the crime rate went up)

Man it is almost like God pulled a fast one on us, nawwwwww (sarcasim)

The survey is rigged, so this must be a spoof. I answered the survey perfectly, but was told that I had broken one of the 10 commandments by admitting to bearing false witness, which I didn't do.

This is such a joke but I am sure people will believe it. Only a baby has never.... but wait I thought even babies aren't sinless. I'm sooo confused!

The survey is rigged, so this must be a spoof. I answered the survey perfectly, but was told that I had broken one of the 10 commandments by admitting to bearing false witness, which I didn't do.

Well, you were obviously lying if you claimed you hadn't done anything wrong... :P

The thing is, this should make christians less judgemental. seriousely hear me out.

The main thing in a sin is not what you did to men but what you did to god. Going against god is supposed to be the worst thing and what you actually did is insignificant campared with your crime against god. The means having gay sex is the same as mudering children or..... stealing a chocolate bar!!! Christians shouldn't even think of different sins as differently bad. How fucked up is that!

Yep,

Good ole fear and guilt based christianity,

with its massive,,,, glaring, contradictions.

"jesus died so you dont have to burn in hell forever for what you did,

just for what you believed"

does that make sense????

BTW roman, All christian surveys are rigged, They are all structured to give the same final answers .

I didn't even take the survey. I know I am damned according to those loons.

Did the live chat on the GUILTY! page actually work for anyone? I really feel like wasting somebody's time.

I think I have a rational mind. I see so many problems with that idea that I hardly know where to start. Most conspicuous for me is that it mixes up spiritual beings with physical tortures. Since souls (the spiritual part of humans that is supposed to survive death) are not subject to physical pain it makes little sense that being roasted and barbequed would be possible or painful. Mere beasts like terrestial lions and bears can rip apart a human body in less than a day. There would be nothing left for the demons to rip apart after a bit, let alone an eternity of which ten thousand years is but the opening moments.

Of course, it would be contrary to the nature of a loving and forgiving Creator to send a human soul to hell for slandering once a decade or so. And fundies are perhaps the greatest slanderers walking the earth—in my experience it's their form of entertainment. I don't see how they expect to be saved even by grace and a loving forgiving heavenly father who cannot bear to see one soul condemned.

Fundie Xianity strikes me as being very much about a pathological kind of perfectionism.

The laws are set up so that it isn't possible to live by them. I.e., people are set up to fail. Set up to fail, and then damned when they inevitably do. And then, of course, nobody ever criticizes the belief system for being unreasonably demanding - they blame the believer. It's like a critical, perfectionist, abusive parent: they set their kid up to fail, and instead of blaming themselves, they blame the kid.

What a fucking sick religion.

I've known since I was a kid since I was going to hell, having been told that constantly by my mother. So, I don't really need a web site to tell me that.

The ironic thing is that the Christians who all believe in hell don't keep all of the rules either. What I want to know, is there anyone in all of history who actually kept all of the rules 100%? If heaven did exist, there would probably be no human beings in it at all.

Fundie Xianity strikes me as being very much about a pathological kind of perfectionism.

The laws are set up so that it isn't possible to live by them. I.e., people are set up to fail. Set up to fail, and then damned when they inevitably do. And then, of course, nobody ever criticizes the belief system for being unreasonably demanding - they blame the believer. It's like a critical, perfectionist, abusive parent: they set their kid up to fail, and instead of blaming themselves, they blame the kid.

What a fucking sick religion.

I agree. I grew up with a perfectionistic mother who was also a fundy. That is, ironically, the perfect analogy for fundy Christianity, IMO.

According to the survey ,

I confessed to and am guilty of

WAIT FOR IT

Adultery, and murder

As well as not "honoring" my mother and father.

which is bullshit because I've never been married ,

and I've never killed anyone,

and yes, i do honour my parents,

But the christian need to lie at people, is so absolute, they are utterly driven to spew this evil out onto the rest of humanity,

Ouch..10 of 10.

The Bible says if you have broken even one of the commandments you are guilty of breaking all of the law.

This is a common misconception. The Exodus account shows us that God wrote all of the laws and statutes on the two tablets, both front and back, and after which he commanded Moses to inscribe upon them the 10 Commandments. In this passage, God isn't referring to specifically those 10, you could break any commandment, including eating shellfish, and violate all of the law, because the law is part of the covenant.

It does show that the 10 Commandments are inseperable from 'the Law', so if Christians want to believe the great 10 are valid, they have to accept the validity of all the other OT laws. If they accept that Jesus banished the Law(which is unsubstantiated horseshit) than he banished the great 10 as well. They're all written on the same two tablets so there isn't much of a 3rd option.

The survey is rigged, so this must be a spoof.

It's rigged alright, but it's no spoof. Jesus Christ himself would be GUILTY according to this test. No wonder they crucified him.

It reminds me of those Scientologist street "surveys" where the result of the survey is always "Come back to our place for a bigger survey..."

• Admin

I liked the heaven scene. At first it reminded me of the death scene of the old man in the movie Solent Green, and then it becomes apparent that heaven is really St. Louis.