Goodbye Jesus

Commit The Unforgiveable Sin - Get A Free Video!

jauggy

The rational responders have made the Blasphemy Challenge:

Deny the holy spirit, upload the video to youtube, and then you get a free copy of the DVD, "The God who wasn't there".

So far there have been 70+ video replies

"Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven" - Mark 3:29

When I was on the Worthy boards I brought up this topic of unforgivable sin.

The Xians were divided on the literal meanings of the verses in Mark. There was also the old canard of "A true christian COULDN'T commit this sin"

It's a shame I don't know how to make & upload vids or I'd have a free DVD!!

For what it's worth - here it is in print - "There is no Holy Spirit, thus he has no power. I deny the power & the existance of the Holy Spirit"

It seems so stupid saying the words. Christians have a literal belief in the power of words. Like spells. They believe that if they say things like "In the name of Jesus" then magic will happen. They believe that it was with words that God created the universe. "Let there be light"

My father once challenged my mother (an unbeliever) to say the words "Jesus is Lord" and when she wouldn't he said it was because she was possessed.

It was only about 4 months ago that I finally overcame my fear of the words and said aloud, while driving my car, "Jesus is bullshit, Jesus is Lord, Jesus is an artichoke" Ha1 Ha! it's all just words! I could think and read blasphemy but was still afraid of the words out loud. I had to say it both ways, "Lord" and "Bullshit" to prove to myself that the words have no power.

For ex christians like me, a course of "blasphemy therapy" is therapeutic.

regards

Stew

As soon as I get access to a videocamera of some kind, I'm *so* there.

Damn it, all I had to do was deny something that isn't there and I could have gotten "The God who wasn't there" for free. I already paid for it months ago.

I think I'll make the video anyway, just for the hell of it.

The rational responders have made the Blasphemy Challenge:

Deny the holy spirit, upload the video to youtube, and then you get a free copy of the DVD, "The God who wasn't there".

So far there have been 70+ video replies

"Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven" - Mark 3:29

shit, i make an effort to blaspheme the holy spirit pretty much every day. i'd LOVE to add a ton of shit and upload it, but no working video camera.

It was only about 4 months ago that I finally overcame my fear of the words and said aloud, while driving my car, "Jesus is bullshit, Jesus is Lord, Jesus is an artichoke" Ha1 Ha! it's all just words! I could think and read blasphemy but was still afraid of the words out loud. I had to say it both ways, "Lord" and "Bullshit" to prove to myself that the words have no power.

For ex christians like me, a course of "blasphemy therapy" is therapeutic.

regards

Stew

lol, jesus is an artichoke. oh man, i say things about jesus that would make my mother's ears bleed. right now, my msn IM name is "jesus fucked my girlfriend." :pyth:

Great video gwenmead.

I was pretty drunk when I did mine.

I wonder if they will let me re-do mine

I did it!

Watch n' weep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JhxaKNwtcY

Sorry the video quality sucks. I'm way better at 2D stuff anyway... :shrug:

So it has been about an hour since I watched your video. I have been researching the whole Blasphemy Challenge thing since. Unfortunately, I do not have a video camera to upload my statement with, but I already have the DVD. Anyway, the memorable part of your video was your message, not the video/audio quality. I enjoyed it, along with contemplating the effects of The Blasphemy Challenge. :woohoo:

I just sent an e-mail asking if I could extend the number of DVDs given away by a donation. I will post a reply on this thread when I get a reply. I think I am not the only person interested in seeing more of this specific, fast spreading, activity (and has a little cash to spare). If not, I will probably give a smaller donation to Rational Response Squad in general or a donation to the War on Christmas.

It seems to have received a lot of publicity and responses:

Blasphemy Challenge on Channel 11 NBC, San Francisco: http://youtube.com/watch?v=G08mttoqd0g

Blasphemy Challenge on SoCal NBC 4, Los Angeles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68cCXpBGCQ4&eurl=

Very cool! :HaHa:

I got a quick reply. It appears that you can donate to the Blasphemy Challenge so that more DVDs can be sent out (1001 was not enough for me!). There appears to be no special form for doing so, so I had to go to Rational Responders' contact page and send an e-mail asking to donate money for DVDs for the Blasphemy Challenge and then use the Rational Responders' donation page to send the money. The quote for my donation request amounts to $12.49 per DVD due to matching ($24.98 is the retail price).

If it become widespread, atheism could be either accepted or not. Good to see alternative comedy stuff, though.

Thank you for the positive comments on my B.C. response. :thanks: Mine ended up being a bit longer than most because I felt it was important to focus on how my atheism relates to my... well, "womanhood" is kind of a dorky word, but that's probably the closest thing. It's a feminist issue for me as much as anything else, I suppose. (I'm still thinking a lot about that.)

Thank you for watching though. :)

The Blasphemy Challenge, on the surface, is about declaring our independence and freedom from 2,000 year old superstitions (which are based on even older superstitions). While we are at it, we may as well declare our independence from other social dysfunctions (such as obsolete gender expectations for women).

Although our declaration has another effect. It makes us more visible to other nonbelievers and it makes us more visible to Christian's. In effect, more nonbelievers may be more open and vocally critical of Christianity. As Christianity sees this, it will spend more effort to defend itself. Christian's who research with open minds will discover more about Christianity's origins and/or have a few honest/critical thoughts independent of Christianity's nonsensical belief system.

I love it.

If the DVDs are not going quickly enough, I may request to change my donation to help advertise this activity more.

I was always thought the unforgiveable sin was suicide? Well, that is what I was always taught...

Anyway, I don't have a web cam but...

I deny the father, Son, and the Holy Spirit...Jesus You are not the lord of my life and I want you gone from my life forever and ever you sadistic son of a bitch.

Awoman.

must...get...webcam

• 2 months later...

Ivy and I did ours it can be seen on my myspace we got our DVD a few weeks ago

www.myspace.com/jester1508

I saw "The God Who Wasn't There" about a year ago. My friend ordered it, thinking it was going become a pop-phenomena, and as christians people would be asking us about it so we should give it a fair shakes and see what it had to say.

It turned out to be the most poorly-produced, nonsensical garbage I'd ever witness. I don't doubt the guy's story, but his research was terrible. Instead of making notes, me and my friend laughed through the whole thing.

Don't waste your time, I can tell already that the people on this board are way smarter and have way better arguments than that movie could ever produce.