Goodbye Jesus

Righteous Indignation

Legion

Guest Firehawk
I went to a conservative Lutheran church. People were considered evil just for being different in any way, shape, or form other than the norm (white middle/upper class homophobic neo-con fundy).

Lutherans have a way of doing that to pretty much everyone... Even when they fall into the categories you describe (such as white middle/upper class) they can't stand it when someone else is a little more upper/middle class than they are...

I went through that and hated most of all being degraded because I had a college education by an ex-girlfriend's family (who were all blue-collar Evangelical Lutherans who had no tolerance for anyone who wouldn't adopt their belief system).

It makes me feel righteous indignation. :wicked:

I see it as the other way around. People jump on bandwagons when it's popular. When it becomes unpopular, or of no benefit to them, they jump ship as soon as they can.

I don't doubt that some people may manufacture a feeling of righteous indignation or express feeling it where they actually don't in order to facilitate their acceptance into a particular group. But there are issues that I, and I'm sure others, become genuinely indignant about.

Are there no issues that move you to righteous indignation Dave?

Are there no issues that move you to righteous indignation Dave?
Several. One is junk science when it raises it's ugly head in medicine. I've had several friends die, and several others remain sick, because they used junk science/medicine instead of real, evidence based, medicine. When one speaks out against so called "alternative medicine" you really see people raging with righteous indignation with constant barrages of personal attacks and sub-sophomoric arguments.