Goodbye Jesus

I Could Believe In Creationism

neverclear5

To all the creationists: If you could show me conclusive proof (i.e. something not explainable other than through creation) that creationism was correct I would believe it. Would you do the same with evolution??

There is already conclusive evidence of evolution, neverclear. Just look at the thread I started about the dolphin. Yet they choose not to believe it because they would rather bury their heads in the sand and believe in ancient dogma and superstitions.

There is already conclusive evidence of evolution, neverclear. Just look at the thread I started about the dolphin. Yet they choose not to believe it because they would rather bury their heads in the sand and believe in ancient dogma and superstitions.

I know, I was in there, but they seem to discount the evidence etc. etc. I just wanted to know...... If they saw absolute proof, I mean time machine level proof, would they believe it even then or would they just say "it must be a trick of satan".

That's the stupid thing. They look at theories that have been tested, observed, and accepted based on how they fit with other evidence......and just say: "That's not true, I don't buy it."

They spend all their time denying....and NO time developing theories of their own.

In fact, their method of making a theory (when they bother to try) is to look at a geological formation (like the Grand Canyon) and do the childish equivalent of playing "let's suppose"

Like this:

http://www.jwoolfden.com/gc_rocks.html

It falls apart under real science too. Just like "supposing" the moon is made of green cheese

To all the creationists: If you could show me conclusive proof (i.e. something not explainable other than through creation) that creationism was correct I would believe it. Would you do the same with evolution??

This is what I have learned in my experience with Creationists. They are not open to the possibility of having anything they believe in be wrong. A scientist may become excited to discover he is wrong about something, because it means new information has come along. I'm positive that if any scientist could actually, quantifiably find evidence for God, he would become star status overnight!! He would be a greater name than Stephen Hawking. Why would a scientist deliberately ignore evidence for what would be the greatest discovery in science the world has ever known? It defies reason, all reason.

However, with the Creationist we see an utter lack of willingness to considering any possibilities other than the one's they have concluded by faith alone. I give you the former Slam's response to me (and my final response to him) http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?s=&a...st&p=239556

I asked a legitimate, honest, and sincere question. You asked me the same hypothetical. I answered you, you refused to. You did not answer what would happen to your faith if the ToE was proven to you beyond a shadow of a doubt. You avoided that answer. That is your answer.

[slam] Since evolution is the greatest myth ever told, and therefore never happened, I cannot possibly answer the question. I am more certain of that than I am in ever responding to you again.

I am certain you are an idiot.

I am certain that the first and only question I will ask any Creationist going forward is the last one I asked Slam. I believe it will stop any converstation with them in its tracks, just as it did above.

I'm convinced that when many hear the very word "evolution" their mind snaps shut. If we get the opportunity to engage another fundamentalist then I will try and concentrate on speciation instead. Maybe not being familiar with the word and the process it delineates will allow some opening for dialogue.

But yeah, I agree with you Neverclear. If someone could show me conclusive evidence supporting creationism then I would have no other choice but to embrace it.

• 2 weeks later...

That is it about creationism. No proof, just denial. Science is neutral yet the believe it somehow has it in for them and is a conspiracy, so they tell lies about science to try and discredit it. There is the clarion call of "Evolution is just a theory", not understanding the scientific meaning of the word "theory". Sure, gravity is just a theory too.