Goodbye Jesus

Atheists Don't Exist.

R. S. Martin

I remember a while ago someone told me that I wasn't an atheist and I was just denying god exists. I remember telling them that their god was a myth, and should I be wrong about the existence of god and an afterlife, I sure hope that I am *not* forced to spend eternity with christians in heaven. That was pretty much the end of the subject.

I remember a while ago someone told me that I wasn't an atheist and I was just denying god exists.

Quite obviously that Christian hasn't the slightest comprehension of linguistics. Theos is Greek for divinity or god. This automatically makes "theist" a person who believes in at least one god. Put an "A" in front of it and you automatically turn it into the opposite of theist i.e. it becomes atheist. Symetrical is another word that works like this--it turns into assymetrical. (It might be said that an atheist married to a Christian is in an assymetrical relationship--unequally yoked or however that goes.)

The early Christians rejected the standard gods of the Greco-Roman culture and were therefore killed for atheism. I'd like to see their faces when you explain that to your theist--more specifically Christian--friends.

These Christians probably know about the argument exbeliever so eloquently presents above; they just haven't got the brains to follow it so they have to make up their own argument, which is not an argument at all. They know the self-described atheist does not want to hear it, so they say there is no such thing as atheist. I guess this does answer the question as to why some Christians say atheists don't exist. I must say I had credited them for more intelligence than this.