Goodbye Jesus

Salutations For The Season

white_raven23

I've given it some thought, and I think I'm going to start wishing people "Happy Festivities!"

It's not specific to any religion, AND it covers folks who are simply having a winter celebration, or some sort of non religious gathering of family and friends.

The only folk I can see this bugging might be total hermits, and I really shouldn't run into too many of them...seeing as they are hermits. If they are out, they are being un-hermity and should be prepared to be acknowledged in some way by the world at large, and could hardly hold my courteous acknowledgement of their being against me.

Happy Festivities!!

Yeah....I like it.

What salutations are you guys going to dole out this year? If any?

I've decided I'm going to be original too. I'm going to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. You don't hear that very often.

I tend to start celebrating "The Holidays" back at Halloween. So I wish everyone a "Happy Hallothanksimas"

I say whatever comes to mind. Happy holidays, Merry Xmas, Jo Saturnalia - whatever seems to fit the bill :)

How about "Happy Mithra's Birthday!" :ukliam2:

I'm going with "Good Yule" or "Gleðileg Jól". Think I'll toss in an occasional "Jo Saturnalia," too. And an occasional "Merry Christmas" if someone wishes me one first.

I'm going with whatever is appropriate to the person, if I know them. Otherwise, I think I am going with happy Christmahaunakwanazaka.

"merry fuckmas and a shitty new year!"

i think i might go with "happy holidays." i'm really not bothered by "merry christmas," as it's a holiday for whoever the hell wants to celebrate. but i'm bothered by people that feel like they have to push their "merry christmas" on everyone, because they feel like people are trying to attack christmas, when they're really just trying to recognize other holidays. meanwhile, these christians are ignoring people who celebrate other holidays. that's why it's called "happy holidayS," you silly bitches; it ain't just christmas!

"Hello." :D I don't see a reason to use a special salutation at all, personally. And "hello" is inoffensive and encompasses everyone on the planet.

"Hello." :D I don't see a reason to use a special salutation at all, personally. And "hello" is inoffensive and encompasses everyone on the planet.

LOL I was waiting for someone to post that! :HaHa:

If I am the person to initiate the salutation I say hello/hope you are doing well. If someone else initiates it and says anything along the lines of a holiday greeting, I reply happy holidays or wishing you the best of the season or hope you have a good one too.

I very rarely say Merry Xmas.

Merry Fucking Christmas from all us Cocksucking Satanists, yo.

"merry fuckmas and a shitty new year!"

i think i might go with "happy holidays." i'm really not bothered by "merry christmas," as it's a holiday for whoever the hell wants to celebrate. but i'm bothered by people that feel like they have to push their "merry christmas" on everyone, because they feel like people are trying to attack christmas, when they're really just trying to recognize other holidays. meanwhile, these christians are ignoring people who celebrate other holidays. that's why it's called "happy holidayS," you silly bitches; it ain't just christmas!

I've known some Christians who get extremely angry if you wish them "Happy Holidays". They react as if you are personally attacking them!

So instead of trying to be nice and wish them happy holidays (which includes Christmas), this year when I sent out my winter holiday cards (that had pictures of an alien on them), I wished them all a Merry Yule.

Happy Horny Days!

(Because Christmas/New Year's Weeks are the weeks with the highest rate of conception.)

Happy Festivus!

Happy Festivus!

I'm with Pandora. Happy Festivus!

Let's wrestle... :woohoo:

I say "Happy Solstice". So far I've received only a few odd looks.

I've gotten some "Merry Christmas" from those I know are not talking to me, but are instead trying to "put Christ back into Christmas". So I have decided today when I sense this exploitation of the season for their stinking sales pitch, I shall respond with a big smile and say, "And a merry x-mas to you!" (pronouncing it as spelled, with a special emphasis on "X"). If they show offense, I will clarify saying "X, as in ex-savior, ex-god. Happy now?" :wicked:

Seriously, I'm feeling that way tonight after some clown at Davanni's pulled that on me today after my lunch. To most sincere people I will politly respond, "Seasons Greetings!" :grin:

Happy Festivus!

Amen! It's Festivus for the rest of us!

Hey - how come it always has to be Merry Christmas and Happy New Year?

What's wrong with Happy Christmas? Or Merry New Year?

I hate tradition.

It's Happy Holidays for me.

And whoever doesn't like it, can kiss my big, fat, white fluffy butt! I mean, has Christmas suddenly been promoted to some status that's higer than a holiday??

:woohoo:

I only say "you too". I never initiate a christmas salutation. Just reply out of politeness.

Depending on who it was, sometimes I just nod.