Goodbye Jesus

The Reason Children Go To Hell For Dying Early

chefranden

Now it makes sense to me.

According to Japanese belief, children who die prematurely are sent to Hell because they have brought so much sadness to their parents. In Hell, they are sent to Sai no Kawara, a dried up river, where they are made to build monuments made of small pebbles to Buddha in order attract his compassion and be freed from Hell. Their work is hampered however, by a terrible demon who scatters the rocks with an iron club. When the demon comes, it is Jizo that protects the children by hiding them in his sleeves and drives the demon away, making him one of the most beloved of the Bosatsu. You will often see little piles of rocks around the statues, which were put there by parents who want to help ease the time the spirits of the children they never had will spend in hell.

Don't forget, Japanese children are all hellbound anyway 'cuz they don't believe in Jebus :crazy:

Remember kids, Xianity doesn't have the market cornered on dumb superstitions :Wendywhatever:

• 2 weeks later...

Now I understand why so many Japanese are atheists.

The "gods" are crazy!!!

Thanks, Chef!

But people keep yelling at me that Buddhists don't believe in gods. :shrug:

Now I understand why so many Japanese are atheists.

The "gods" are crazy!!!

Thanks, Chef!

You're welcome, I didn't know that you were still around these parts.

Has Rameus written his book yet?

You're welcome, I didn't know that you were still around these parts.

Has Rameus written his book yet?

I don't post too often, Chef, but I'm still around these parts. :wicked:

I have not spoken with Rameus since prior to his little episode of bad behavior here on the site, for which he got himself banned, if memory serves me correctly. I imagine he is still talking about writing his book.

Merry days to you and your Sweetie! I've missed you.