Goodbye Jesus

Ugh

AStandAloneComplex

I'm been meaning to make a big long post and rant about my issues and such, but I"ve been kind of busy with school. I won't write it now, but soon.

However, I just wanted to bitch about what I found out tonight. My dad joined church this morning. I was gone all day so I just found out a little while ago. My father was never that into church until a few years ago when my mom started getting really invovled in it and tried to get everyone to go to church with her. I think the reason why he joined church now is because his mother died a couple of weeks ago...

So when they tell me this, I pull out a choked "that's nice." Then my dad proceeded to ask me when I was going to join church. ... I didn't know what to say. I wanted to say something like 'never,' but didn't. So I just didn't say anything. Then he's says, "No comment?" and then I reply "Not really." And that was the end of it. So yeah......... kinda sucks.

More later.

Goodbye Jesus

My advice to you, if you don't want to go to church unless you want to raise hell, just say "NO!"

It'd save you boredom. :)

Sorry to say but the answer really depends on your age. At my age I probably would have just burst out laughing right in my parents face and then after I collected myself said "Oh, you're serious? Then never. I thought I've made that clear?" Then argued their beliefs into a little bloody pulp if they persisted.

However, if I were much younger, and dependent, then my answer could be a lot different.

mwc

I'm with mwc on this one. Showing emotion other than that of humor and laughter only gives credit to their religion. I'd come right out and simply say, "I don't believe in ancient superstitious beliefs anymore, but thanks for the offer."

I'm not that young, but I'm still dependant on my parents. When I get a job I can probably move out fairly soon which is what I'm hoping to do.

I don't go to church now anyway. I haven't attended church in over 5 years I think(aside from going for special events and such). So it's a pretty stupid question for him to ask. And I've made it known that I don't like christianity. I told them straightup that I thought it was a hateful religion. I don't say grace with them(although they have their eyes closed, so I guess they wouldn't know). And I don't say 'amen' at the ends of prayers. I guess they've forgot about all of that... And this is the second time someone from my family that my mom has "mentored" has asked me that. And coincidentally the same thing had happened to her. Her mother died and then she really got into church...

It's really annoying and there's a bunch of other stuff going on with me that's just exacerbating the problem and is also part of the reason why I'm still at home. It's nothing really bad or anything, but it has set me back some. I will write the rest tomorrow. I'm not sure if I should it all into this one thread or not, hehe.