Goodbye Jesus

Absurdly Appropriate Church Names

Antlerman

I kinda like the ideas of called out and peculiar people.

Those of us that are called out of the herd to actually think are already considered peculiar, at least in the States.

We could be "The Church of the Extraordinary".

Following the restoration idea of the Church of Christ: "The Church of the Restored Mind".

'Windows of Heaven Tithing Community Church'. Antlerman, my vote for the best. We might not agree on other threads, but you hit the nail on the head here.

Mine;

Church of the Happy Clappy

The Fundamental Church of My Way or the Highway (to Hell)

The Universal Church of the Completely Depraved, and Saved Anyway; Reformed.

Church of the Spilled Blood

It's here in St Pete, Considering how much blood the damn church has spilled, I'd say this name qualifies.

St_petersburg.jpg

You know pug may be on to something. I think it'd be beneficial to have a place we could go to and hear a good speaker. They could say, this is what you were taught, but this is how someone from an ex-C point of view see it.

Kind of like all the questions you asked, that you didn't get anwers too.

I can think of a number of folks on this board that I wouldn't mind listening too for a couple hours.

This would most definately include this theads author.

A real life gathering place would be cool, even if we just went to a coffee shop and talked or something.

Inspiration from the sheep smiley:

Church Of The Wary Sheep

Church Of The Perverted Shepherd

Defiled Baptist Temple

No Such Thing As Free Will Baptist Church

Church Of The Goddamned

Fleece The Flock Community Church

First International Bank of Jesus Christ - Heaven's Safe-Deposit Box

Our way or Auto-Da-Fe Church of Divine Love and Tolerance

You know pug may be on to something. I think it'd be beneficial to have a place we could go to and hear a good speaker. They could say, this is what you were taught, but this is how someone from an ex-C point of view see it.

Kind of like all the questions you asked, that you didn't get anwers too.

I can think of a number of folks on this board that I wouldn't mind listening too for a couple hours.

This would most definately include this theads author.

A real life gathering place would be cool, even if we just went to a coffee shop and talked or something.

Well, my vote is for the Twin Cities. There's already four or five of us here at least. Any seconds to the motion? :grin: (I'm sure we could rent a chuch or something and give little Ex-C sermonettes. Anyone play a mean church organ? :wicked: )

Well, my vote is for the Twin Cities. There's already four or five of us here at least. Any seconds to the motion? :grin: (I'm sure we could rent a chuch or something and give little Ex-C sermonettes. Anyone play a mean church organ? :wicked: )

the MN Atheists group is in the process of buying a building for an office center (last I heard they had raised about $60,000). There was a fundraising breakfast this morning... all you can eat for $6.66.

the MN Atheists group is in the process of buying a building for an office center (last I heard they had raised about $60,000). There was a fundraising breakfast this morning... all you can eat for $6.66.

I had considered looking in to them and see what they're about. Are you part of them?

I had considered looking in to them and see what they're about. Are you part of them?

Yes, my girlfriend and I are. Although, we are not particularily "faithful" to it, but we try to go once a month to their dinner-and-movie outtings. It is fun to just sit and chat with other atheists and agnostics over dinner. When I first did it felt surreal.

Their picnics in the summer are lots of fun though; lots of food, drink, and live music. Lot of people go to those.

Yes, my girlfriend and I are. Although, we are not particularily "faithful" to it, but we try to go once a month to their dinner-and-movie outtings. It is fun to just sit and chat with other atheists and agnostics over dinner. When I first did it felt surreal.

Their picnics in the summer are lots of fun though; lots of food, drink, and live music. Lot of people go to those.

Sounds interesting. Are they political, or just a club of sorts of like minded thinkers? It doesn't feel too "church-like" does it? PM me some of the details of when they meet and what its about. I like to check it out probably. Maybe somehow we could host some ExC related thing through that?

Drive-Thru Church of Delivery

Window#1: money taken

Window#2: prayer requests taken

Window#3: message delivered (may or may not apply to request per guidence of the Holy Spirit. Management not responsible for unanswered prayer; contact Father Jehovah or Jesus Christ directly for complaints connected to delivery.

Wasn't there a Happy Church in Colorado? I think it might have been started by Marilyn Hickey, but I'm not sure. Happy Church...I wonder what they put in the communion wine and bread?

Croom-A-Coochee Baptist

I croomed a coochee once. I am now prohibited from entering South Carolina.

From a poster to Usenet (pay special attention to the acronyms):

First Universal Christian Kingdom

World Evangelical Tabernacle

World Holiness Organization for Religious Enlightenment

Christians United Now & Tomorrow

Religious Awareness & Wisdom

Supreme Holiness Interfaith Tabernacle

And let's not forget their branch church, the Second Universal Christian Kingdom. For some odd reason the Third never got off the ground. ;)