Goodbye Jesus

What Are You Now?

truth

Okay, my real answer...

I am Wiccan, but in an atheistic sense. I do not worship Gods or Goddesses. I don't even worship nature. I honor respect and care most about nature, even revere it, but I don't call anything that I do worship.

I also have Taoistic tendancies, but from a philosophical standpoint, not a religious one. This meshes with my Pagan/Wiccan beliefs.

See avatar :-)

I'm only comfortable calling myself an atheist on this site. My dh and children know that I'm an atheist but I don't make it a point or even feel the need to say "I am an atheist" to those around me. The only reason we even question god is because a belief in god has been around since ancient times. What if I'd never heard of god? What would I look up at the sky at night and think if I had never heard of god? What would I think about a beautiful field of green grass decorated with a various array of flowers, if I had never heard of god? A tree that stands tall, all the geometric shapes in nature?

I'd probably just look up and think one of two things..."What an amazing earth on which I live, I haven't a clue how all of this happened but I think I'll try and find out how." Or "What an amazing planet I live in, I don't know how or why I am here but I'm going to enjoy the ride while I am." And no one would say that I was against god, or evil, or didn't have anything, or was a sinner, simply for stating either of those and that is how it should be now. As of now, choice two is where I stand.

If no one on earth had ever heard of god, it wasn't even a question and someone asked "What are you?" I would say, "I'm a wife, mother, and home educator...and you?" No labels, no need to even have them, we would just simply be.

I consider myself to be pretty much an Atheist, with leanings toward philosophical Taoism and Confucianism. I also like some Buddhist philosophy.

Wiccan Freemason.

Sounds like a contradiction, but I believe in a divine source - about which I can say nothing intelligent. Because as soon as I say what it is then it is not then it can't be the source. When the source manifests as the Gods and Goddesses, then I can start hanging attributes on them. (So when asked if I believed in a Supreme Being, I can answer yes.)

I guess it could be thought of as Qabbalist in the sense of Kether, Chochma, Binah. Sort of. Maybe.

I make every effort to be kind, generous, noble, accepting and understanding. And of course I fall flat on my face regularly. Now that I am not a Christian, I feel as if I have permission to make mistakes without the fear of eternal punishment, and the responsibility to put right what I made go wrong.

I'm an Atheist, but I don't like that word. It has been so stigmatized that it almost sounds ugly. So I consider myself a non believer in the supernatural. Granted, I'm not absolutely certain that there is no God. And I'm secure in the fact that I might be wrong(pretty certain that it ain't the one in the Bible). However, there is more evidence against there being a God than there is for one. My big question is, why do we have all of these planets and ONE(that we know of)has life? If I were God I would have populated all of them.

What I do believe in are dreams. I think after we die we go into an eternal dream state...like the Matrix or something. To me that explains near death experiences.

I think human beings are so highly intelligent that we have to figure out a way to explain everything. I guess that is our big thing. Really, I no longer care what happens when I die because my need to live in the moment surpasses that. Me, I love the fact that I evolved from this world. We are natural fixtures of this planet...So, if anything, nature and the universe are my gods. I revere them highly.

B for Beelzebub! Next time, try Allah.

Or Abbadon. At the very least, it's a fun word to say.

Abbadon.

Atheist with a decidedly Wiccan bent. And once I'm out on my own, I'm becoming a fully-fledged Wiccan - it's what I feel most comfortable with. My only obstacle is my parents...

I'm more or less an atheist. While I can't absolutely prove that no

higher power exists, I am convinced that if such a power does exist,

it is either indifferent to the fate of human beings, or it is downright

malevolent towards them. Either way, if it did exist, I would have

no reason to worship it.

I am agnostic, but greatly attached to Buddhism (those who've read up on Buddhism will see the irony of that statement :Hmm: ).

I am an athiest, but I find some of the Buddhist and Hindu teachings are useful for developing a calmer state of mind.

The "gods" in these traditions I see more as visualisations of personal qualities or psychological states... or whatever!

Sort of agnostic pagan though I've been intersted in Wicca, Druidry, Heathenry, Taoism, Native American spirituality, LaVeyan Satanism and Chaos Magic at various stages.

I'm more or less an atheist. While I can't absolutely prove that no

higher power exists, I am convinced that if such a power does exist,

it is either indifferent to the fate of human beings, or it is downright

malevolent towards them. Either way, if it did exist, I would have

no reason to worship it.

What he said