Goodbye Jesus

Heaven Is Hotter Than Hell

neverclear5

Hell in the bible is described as containing lakes of molten sulphur. Well sulphur melts at 388.36 K (115.21 °C) and boils at 717.87 K (444.72 °C) so theres your max and min temperature for hell. Heaven on the other hand is described as being 10 times brighter than the earth. Problem is energy transfered (usually as heat) is proportional to brightness. To very generousely allow for other factors that might reduce this lets half that energy transfer to 5 times. That puts heaven at well over this value, maybe around 1200°C! Keeping the value at 10 times and we're in the region of 2700°C, hot enough to melt metal!

No wonder they're always pictured wearing white!

Goodbye Jesus

Maybe heaven is illuminated by LED's with hell being the heat sink. :)

Not to mention, heat rises. So logically, hell should be cooler.

OT: We really need a geek smiley.

Heh - well, it does make sense.

After all, the Xian god is depicted as behaving more diabolically than Satan in the Babble, so it's appropriate that the realm of the Xian god is hotter and more hell-like than Satan's.

Jebus is more demonic than Satan, so he gets the more hellish realm. Fair 'nuff :)

I don't know so much about heaven, but I think this dissertation applies as much to it as to the other place:

A thermodynamics professor wrote a take home exam for his graduate students. It had one question: "Is hell exothermic or endothermic? Support your answer with a proof."

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law or some variant. One student, however wrote the following:

--------------

First, we postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some mass. If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass.

So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for souls entering hell, lets look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to hell. Since, there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change in volume of hell. Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay constant.

So, if hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose.

Of course, if hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over.

-------------

It was not revealed what grade the student got.

Casey

On my Linux system I have the program "fortune" (from "fortune cookies") which has an entry that is slightly more expanded than the version above:

The temperature of Heaven can be rather accurately computed from available

data. Our authority is Isaiah 30:26, "Moreover, the light of the Moon

shall be as the light of the Sun and the light of the Sun shall be sevenfold,

as the light of seven days." Thus Heaven receives from the Moon as much

radiation as we do from the Sun, and in addition seven times seven (49) times

as much as the Earth does from the Sun, or fifty times in all. The light we

receive from the Moon is one ten-thousandth of the light we receive from the

Sun, so we can ignore that. With these data we can compute the temperature

of Heaven. The radiation falling on Heaven will heat it to the point where

the heat lost by radiation is just equal to the heat received by radiation,

i.e., Heaven loses fifty times as much heat as the Earth by radiation. Using

the Stefan-Boltzmann law for radiation, (H/E)^4 = 50, where E is the absolute

temperature of the earth (~300K), gives H as 798K (525C). The exact

temperature of Hell cannot be computed, but it must be less than 444.6C, the

temperature at which brimstone or sulphur changes from a liquid to a gas.

Revelations 21:8 says "But the fearful, and unbelieving ... shall have their

part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." A lake of molten

brimstone means that its temperature must be at or below the boiling point,

or 444.6C (Above this point it would be a vapor, not a lake.) We have,

then, that Heaven, at 525C is hotter than Hell at 445C.

-- "Applied Optics", vol. 11, A14, 1972

Bwahahaha :lmao::HaHa:

Hhhm interessting I think I feel the need to go read the the view from the center of the universe...

I don't think heaven or hell can physically exist but yes it does make more sense for heaven to be more hotter than hell..