Goodbye Jesus

So How Was Your Christmas?

Kelli

Yeah, I have seven kids in the house right now, but somehow I managed to spend a lot of time down here. Not really intentional. I wasn't feeling very well to begin with and we were planning on spending the afternoon with our neighbors. Right before we were to go next door, my two daughters got in a fight and then my wife got in the middle and all three had a blowout.

My two daughters are like night and day. They share a room, but one is "emo," disorganized, and likes to take charge of everything, and the other is smart but scatterbrained, gets good grades, is boy crazy but still loves horses... Very different, and they often get in arguments over what I consider to be the dumbest things. So I try to stay out of it. And I wasn't happy at all over the words being exchanged between them, and I wasn't feeling well anyway. So I stayed right here and babysat the cat and dog while they went next door.

I must admit I rather enjoyed myself. I had peace and quiet and got to work on a personal project or two. My wife informed me that our christian friends/neighbors did bring up christian related topics quite a bit, so it was probably better I wasn't there anyway. The kids had fun with their friends and their new toys and gadgets anyway, and I spent much of the morning with them, so I don't think anyone missed me.

Today we'll play some games together with the kids before I run off to my gig at 1.

Yeah, I have seven kids in the house right now, but somehow I managed to spend a lot of time down here. Not really intentional. I wasn't feeling very well to begin with and we were planning on spending the afternoon with our neighbors. Right before we were to go next door, my two daughters got in a fight and then my wife got in the middle and all three had a blowout.

My two daughters are like night and day. They share a room, but one is "emo," disorganized, and likes to take charge of everything, and the other is smart but scatterbrained, gets good grades, is boy crazy but still loves horses... Very different, and they often get in arguments over what I consider to be the dumbest things. So I try to stay out of it. And I wasn't happy at all over the words being exchanged between them, and I wasn't feeling well anyway. So I stayed right here and babysat the cat and dog while they went next door.

I must admit I rather enjoyed myself. I had peace and quiet and got to work on a personal project or two. My wife informed me that our christian friends/neighbors did bring up christian related topics quite a bit, so it was probably better I wasn't there anyway. The kids had fun with their friends and their new toys and gadgets anyway, and I spent much of the morning with them, so I don't think anyone missed me.

Today we'll play some games together with the kids before I run off to my gig at 1.

It sucked, just as I knew it would. Not because of any fundie crap, my parents are accepting of it, I don't bother them and they don't bother me. The thing that Got me was my Dad's selfishness yet again. Well a week before all this crap my dad was in the shopping mood, and was getting my brother a new T.V. for his dorm room. He asked me all through the week if I wanted a T.V., I repeatedly told him no, I didn't want to get rid of my old T.V. which had sentimental value. He also added along to that if I wanted a DVD player, and I again repeteadly told him no, I spent 400 dollars on the one I already had and I hadn't even had it a year and it's a perfect beauty. I asked him if at all possible if he could just get me a new cell phone and nothing else, as my current one was broken to hell and back. He got angry for me asking saying it was way too much (I almost died laughing, a cell phone compared to both a new T.V. and a DVD player. You're fucking kidding right???). Well christmas comes around and guess what the fuck I got??? A T.V. and a DVD player. And he was pissed the whole day because I was upset about it. I tired telling him it would be perfect for when I move out or my old T.V. gives out, but he fucking got upset about that and I just lost it with him. But he always does that if it's what he wants he's going to do it, regardless...

I had a pretty good Christmas. I spent it with my best friends family, and even went to church. I stumped the preacher. That was fun. We had good food, good company, and good fun through the weekend, though now I've caught a cold I'm trying to deal with.

Sorry to hear you didn't get what you wanted RP. I've got a similar situation coming up. I've got another Christmas party to go to on Saturday, and my friends have been planning this big "Conspiracy gift" and teasing me about it for weeks now. I already know what it is though, it's going to be some shitty plush doll from Build A Bear. I've already told my friends that I don't like stuffed animals and I really hate Build A Bear (they all adore that store, I consider it an overhyped money pit). But no, it's part of some mysterious "theme" they've come up with, so I'm getting a white elephant gift and that's that.

At least you'll be able to return the electronics and get yourself a pretty sweet phone.

I got out my chainsaw and killed some bushes and trees. Then I set them on fire. Now my llamas will have more grass and other bushes to browse on.

I did get 8 hang up phone calls that day. My exwife calls and hangs up. She's being doing that for 16 years now. Sad.

Ours was uneventful but nice.

We had a splendid time. My brother and his girlfriend flew over for 2 days and we ate & drank and ate & drank, and played cards and opened presents and then we drank some more and ate more.

BURP!!

An excellent mid-winter indulgence.

Mine sucked honestly

My parents did the prayer (it was just us this year) because my dad was sick. Then after they prayed they singed Happy Birthday to Jesus. I didn't I was silent while they did it. Then my mom got all pissed off at me and started saying "how you can sing one song for the year" I said " I don't sing and I don't want to." They don't offcially know that I am atheist but I think deep down they know I am unbeliever they just don't want to know for sure. Well my mom was all pissed off for an hour at I didn't sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. I am 18 for crying out loud!

Well then I said " Why are you getting mad over something so stupid?" Then my dad still didn't say anything yet until I said that " What did you say?"

I then replied " Nevermind this is not that important to get even mad over." My dad said " NOT IMPORTANT!"

Then everyone was so pissed at me for something so little. Hope everyone had better Christmas than I did.

Then after they prayed they singed Happy Birthday to Jesus. I didn't I was silent while they did it.

You mean, like the "happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Jesus, happy birthday to you"? Like at kids birthday parties?

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard.

And they got grumpy because you didn't join in. No, that's really funny.

I often say to people (especially around Xmas) "it will make the baby jesus cry". As in:

"Don't change tv channel"

"Why not?"

"It will make the baby jesus cry"

Look of confusion follows - Is he serious? Is he joking? Isn't that blasphemy?

OMG. It's sad that people tend to make religion more important than their own kids. Unfortunately, I was that kind of fundy myself. Shameful, just thinking about it. But that was then and this is now. No sense in beating myself up about it.

Sucks that your parents are that way though, Ramen.

My mom and I are now laughing at what happened... we now call it "the attack of the killer cauliflower"

The good that came out of the hellish experience was that we now have a witness outside of the family that sees how nutty my mean aunt is.. and well my Mom finally realized that her trying to make a perfect xmas is really running it for herself and others since we can't just enjoy it and have fun.. they are too busy running around stressed out trying to finish everything up and then move on to the next thing. She actualy apolgised to me saying she runnied xmas.. I told her that she didn't ruin xmas for me, that she just needs to stop doing so much and just relax and stop bossing me around.( Which I just ignore now and breathe through or say.. I am busy doing something right now...

I have been told by my mom to remind her of my mean aunts crazy anticts if she ever wants to do a celebration with them again or try to do too much again. She has tried to make amends with her sister over the years and had hoped the meds were helping my mean aunt. She said when she went nuts to me over the cauliflower of all things that that was it. OMG I am laughing over it now, and realize how wacky, she is, I saw her turn on and off being nice and polite xmas night.. and being angry and hateful..

I had fun, with my nice aunt and her friends family singing,chatting eating good food and watching a movie I had already watched several times.. I laughed and was happy.I am also determined to expand my circle of people in my life who are going to be a positive in my life not a negative..

I told my brothers that I don't believe in God. They were both kind of shocked, even though then were never really religious. We had a brief discussion and I told them about the Ex-C website that I've been spending my time on. They both hope it helps, and I assured them it has already.

Later, we went to my Aunts and had dinner, watched Pirates, Dead mans Chest, and Invincible. It was a quiet Christmas only 9 of us.

On Christmas Eve, day I went by my best friend and partners house and we had cocktails and I opened my gift from them and it was Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion. We talked briefly about my new quest, and they are both supportive.

Then after they prayed they singed Happy Birthday to Jesus.
My family sings that too. It's so lame, and it has always been lame.

I had a good christmas (aside from the singing, that is) because we had all of my nieces and nephews here, including the one I haven't met yet. He's the biggest baby I've ever seen. At barely five months 6-12 month clothes are getting too small, and he's about the same size as my 11 month old niece (who cried pretty much the entire day). It was fun being around the kids.

Someday i will finally not have to make pretend and celebrate christmas. I'm sick of this fucking holiday.

Happy Birthday to Jesus? You mean like Full Metal Jacket? First time I saw that movie, I cringed when I saw that scene; I thought that was just so wrong. Only that scene, though, none of the ones with blood and brains.

Then after they prayed they singed Happy Birthday to Jesus. I didn't I was silent while they did it.

You mean, like the "happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Jesus, happy birthday to you"? Like at kids birthday parties?

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard.

And they got grumpy because you didn't join in. No, that's really funny.

I often say to people (especially around Xmas) "it will make the baby jesus cry". As in:

"Don't change tv channel"

"Why not?"

"It will make the baby jesus cry"

Look of confusion follows - Is he serious? Is he joking? Isn't that blasphemy?

The answer to that question is yes. The happy birth day to you like a regualar birthday for little kids. :twitch: I mean honestly don't get why everyone was mad at me. Religion does the dardnest things to people.