Goodbye Jesus

Fundy Gifts

truth

So I got some fundy gifts from my family for xmas this year.. I knew I would and well am glad that it was less than previous years.. mostly I think because I said please no jewlery and my grandma isn't as busy going out and buying crap anymore...

But I did get a book mark that had a poem on it.. I don't know who it is from as it is in't wrapped.....

I said a prayer for you today and know god must have heard I felt the answer in my heart although he spoke no word I didn't ask for wealth or fame I knew you wouldn't mind I asked Him to send treaslures of a far more lasting kind I asked theat Hed be near you and the start of eah new day to greant you helath and blessings and friends to share your way. I asked for happiness for you in all things great andsmall but it was for his loving care I prayed the most of all.

- Um is this not a total pharasee like thing to do... what the bible and jesus said NOT to do...the whole poem was look at me I am praying for you... and pessumtious too..

I got two fundy books from my mom.. would take them back but what else would I buy at the xtain book and music center.. or as we useto call it the xtian crook and music center. Yep my mom got me the new book on women being set free called Captive unveiling the mystery of the womans soul by John and Stasi Eldredge .. the female equivant to Wild at Heart... YUP and another one Women god's secret weapon.. by Ed Silvosos...gods inspiring message to women of power purpose and destiny..

So yah I geuss my mom is in total denial that I still believe in xianity and jesus.... and is just hoping I am questing and doubting the bible especially in the areas of where women are concerned... So why do we need all thease books on messages from God if all we need to know is in the bible and nothing was suppossed to be added or taken from it... what is the point.. I just don't get it the only reason I see is so you keep reading all the crap so you keep thinking that xianity is the only way. Gee I was so freaked out of living life outside of gods purpose and will that I was afraid to live my life for the longest time.. and seriously just now have I actually realized that is what had been holding me back..Wow....

I didn't get any fundy gifts this year fortunately.

Personally, I never got the reason behind the books. Isn't the Bible enough? Why waste time reading expensive, useless books? If I want to read something I go to a real book store like Chapters or the local library.

Benny Hinn is big on selling books and other stuff with his name on it. When I watched a documentary on his practices behind the scenes, I realized what a waste of money his stuff really is. He's into his own private jets and luxurious hotel rooms, and don't for get the thousands of dollars that he spends on his custom made outfits. After watching it a couple of times (I was in shock the first time around), I realized what a fraud he is. Then I realized what a fraud the tele evangelists are. They have to write books on nothing important so they can spend that money maintaining their 5 star lifestyle.

It's too bad you can't return the books to get the money back. Then you could spend that money on something that you can actually use. For now, you can use them as paper weights, door stoppers, fly swatters....

I'm sure your mom loves you and wants what's best for you. But if you haven't told her already, just be straight with her about your beliefs. Tell her that you support what ever she chooses to believe and practice, however, the imaginary friend in the sky doesn't work for you.

No fundy gifts, but I did get a lot of uber-religious Christmas cards. Then again, the older people in my family who actually send cards have always been religious.

I got a book called something like "Blue Like Jazz". The description of the book was ambiguous, but the rave reviews from Christian magazines on the back cover didn't excite me. :scratch:

I also got a t-shirt. It was a spoof of the YooHoo logo, only it said "YouWho" as part of the phrase "It was YouWho He died for!" I don't know what the fuck to do with it. I wouldn't give it away. Maybe a dust rag?

I gave my mom an accusing look and she shrugged her shoulders and said "Can't blame a mom for tryin'..." Maybe I'll get her The God Delusion for Easter. Hehe. "Can't blame a son for trying..."

Didn't get any Xian gifts, aside from a few cards. Thankfully, even the religious folks in my family have enough taste to pick out decent gifts without any propaganda attached.

Parents bought me two religious books -- So Help Me God, the biography of the Alabamian judge who was fired for refusing to move a Ten Commandments monument from the coursthouse, and a story about one of the soldiers whose Black Hawk crashed in that town talking about how God helped him through. I asked for a gift card to Books-A-Million this year, but apparantly they forgot...

Maybe I'll get her The God Delusion for Easter. Hehe. "Can't blame a son for trying..."

:HaHa: You totally should.

...I didn't get any fundy gifts this year. Last year, however, was another story...

I also got a t-shirt. It was a spoof of the YooHoo logo, only it said "YouWho" as part of the phrase "It was YouWho He died for!" I don't know what the fuck to do with it. I wouldn't give it away. Maybe a dust rag?

You could use it to wax your car; give it a righteous shine... :wicked: