Goodbye Jesus

Christians Who Seem To Know I Used To Be One

Shawn

OH SWEET CHARIOT.......

OKAY...I seem to have moments where Christians hound me. As some of you know, I moved to Texas from California in late November this year. NOBODY knows me here (except my Super Christian liar cousin who betrayed me).

Anyway.

I keep getting Christians coming up to me everywhere I go now...I'm like a friggin' magnet for them! I go to Best Buy, and some 16 year old and his dorky family are witnessing Christians and he hands me a tract. I can feel this kid before I see him, I KNEW he wanted something.

I go to a Wiccan IRC channel today...a OP is a witch and tells me to go back to Jesus!!! I'm like "What the Fuck!!!???"

I had a bout at Denny's a few days ago...Christian waitress bothers me.

I go to my apartment manager tonight, and some old black fellow is there (I've never seen him, but granted I've lived here just a month) and gives me an attitude, he's some old hard core fundie..."OH SWEET CHARIOT..." yes, my mocking him back!

I have more examples, but I think the point is made. I said 'pagans and witches', not to be a jerk to anyone else, just they are more in tune with this stuff.

I feel somewhat uneasy mentioning this here.

Pagans, Witches...any advice?

Shawn

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Not sure about the witch, that's odd.

Though, in meatspace, I don't have a problem lying to fundies. So, when I want them to leave me alone. I tell them, "Thanks, but I'm already saved".

They are looking for fresh meat, so they'll leave you alone.

(puts on her seidkona hat and sets up "The Shaman is In" sign)

The most important thing is to protect your own physical and mental space from intrusion before the proselytizing commences. The best way to do this is to consider yourself already protected. This you can do by focusing your imagination to create and maintain a security perimeter.

In the past I've found it useful to carry a small item that symbolizes this -- A small mirror, to "reflect" unwanted advances, is one possible gewgaw that you can keep in wallet or purse or coat pocket. Shiny side out. (However, you can select and use any item that's meaningful to you.)

Be alert to a queasy feeling in your lower gut area (called the dantien or the orange chakra, among other things). Firm pressure on this area, or even lightly covering it with your hand, can be quite soothing. I suspect that this is where many of your hunches about imminent preaching are first being felt, although I honestly have no idea as to what physical mechanism might be at work in such a process. (And, if you can receive in this region, you might also be transmitting.)

Unless you move to a place where there aren't so many aggressive evangelic Xians, the first thing I suggest is to check your demeanor. Many evangelists are trained to look for certain types of people, ie, those who look depressed or needy or are otherwise receptive somehow. They peg those as the easy marks, and move in, thinking they've got a soul ripe for salvation.

Ask yourself, how do you dress when you go out? How do you carry yourself? Do you seem confident and all-business, or quiet and receptive? Evangelicals think they're doing something good by bringing Jebus to people they think are in need of a purpose in life, and your body language may be what's inviting them. They're like hunters looking for the easy kills.

After all this, then look into magical stuff. After all, magic is (I believe) just the concentrating and projection of one's will, so it all starts with having the proper attitude. If you're really interested, just do some basic research on protective spells (if you're into spellcasting), or into amulets and such - things that are traditionally associated with protectiveness and warding. The amulet of Thor's Hammer, perhaps something made of obsidian or oak - there's a lot to choose from.

First, consider the area you live in - is it normally full of fundies? Then, consider how you present yourself - either an easy mark or someone who's fine as he is and in no need of any "free gifts". Then, look into the magical stuff, things that can perhaps help you concentrate and project your desire to be protected from annoying Xian advances.

Failing that, go Taphie's route and just lie to them. But be warned, because they might invie you to church everytime they see you :crazy:

(puts on her seidkona hat and sets up "The Shaman is In" sign)

The most important thing is to protect your own physical and mental space from intrusion before the proselytizing commences. The best way to do this is to consider yourself already protected. This you can do by focusing your imagination to create and maintain a security perimeter.

In the past I've found it useful to carry a small item that symbolizes this -- A small mirror, to "reflect" unwanted advances, is one possible gewgaw that you can keep in wallet or purse or coat pocket. Shiny side out. (However, you can select and use any item that's meaningful to you.)

Be alert to a queasy feeling in your lower gut area (called the dantien or the orange chakra, among other things). Firm pressure on this area, or even lightly covering it with your hand, can be quite soothing. I suspect that this is where many of your hunches about imminent preaching are first being felt, although I honestly have no idea as to what physical mechanism might be at work in such a process. (And, if you can receive in this region, you might also be transmitting.)

Astreja,

You got it! I get it in the stomach. With the kid, I felt it in my crown, then it went to my stomach. I felt a heavy crackling static electricity, I actually heard a few pops. I tend to give off heavy yang energy. I believe I was receptive to the kid...to be honest, he seemed like a nice kid, but I knew something was up. I know thats why he 'got through', however.

I was told by a reiki expert that I project strongly. That's interesting, the mirror...I would imagine a wall of mirrors around me sometimes to reflect/deflect off. I may do that, find an object that's useful. Thank you, Springy Goddess!!!

Shawn

A witch said "Go back to Jesus?" That makes no sense.

Unless she was into Christian Wicca. I tried that in my more liberal phase of Christianity, and basically it was what led me to deconvert entirely.

I'm agnostic now, but I do think that sometimes rituals can give one peace of mind.

Varokhar,

Christianity is strong in the Dallas area. I admit, I do go out in peace and being joyful sometimes...and I seem to get hit then! I guess they imagine "He'd be a good Christian!" Uh, yeah, I'd already been there, buddy! It's like, they don't seem to understand that a person can be happy and content without Jesus.

Well, I dress very straight edge, if you see my picture. I do have some crazy punk rock clothes, but I rarely wear them, for now.

I think perhaps I just have to have my guns ready when I know they are around. And like gwenmead said, don't let them get me down. From my cousin and others, it's like "see what happens when you bail on Jesus!" Yeah, I do see fuckers, he's a big hypocrite like you all! "If I can't have Shawn, NOBODY WILL!"

I am waiting for my job offer tomorrow, so the sooner, the better! Once that happens, I feel the "haunting of the Christ" will be over finally. Thanks for hearing me, just talking about this helps me alot.

As a side note, I read those tracts here...I have not laughed so hard in some time! I used to hand out over a thousand of the Chick Tracts...in fact, I had dumped my last ones a week before coming to this site (in the trash). When I read the tracts here, I had actually shook at the first two...the programming in me was very hard core, more than I thought. After I realized I had experienced the same thing when I went to Japan my first time this year...I was convinced by the "Jesus Spirit" that Japan was totally evil! Oh, and leaving California was evil of me too, running from my 'church' family to 'have a real life'! I had to fight hard at first. Now, I love Japan, and have Japanese friends. The one where I finally laughed was the fish/yoni...the Lucky Charms had me rolling...I remember the oval wheat shape! "Magically delicious!" Oh man...

I apologize to everyone here, if I seem disconnected at times, or just raging. Since arriving in Texas, I've gotten a shitty hand (temporarily). It's like "back from Iraq, and now FUCK YOU Shawn! Jesus won, you traitor, haha!" And that's fine, because I can win this 'game' with crap equipment anyway...I'm a war veteran in reality of two wars, and in OP simulations. I don't need the dead jew to save me, or a lame hand out from fake ass followers of his. That's another thing, fighting a war these useless cocksuckers would never themselves go into, and they get to enjoy the fruits of MY labour? Then kick me to the curb? I have nothing but hatred for my cousin. He deserves to die, and I will hand his ass to him in court after I get hired, a close enough death for him. Fucker hides behind his wife, and his 5 year old son. That's even more hilarious, his son asked him the last time I saw him, "Dad, why did Shawn have to leave us?" No answer from Daddy! Just a 'Gulp'! I can fill in a response..."Coz I'm a back-stabbing coward, and a liar, son. Praise Jebsus!"

There I go again! Sorry...at least I can vent in a good way, I guess.

Shawn

A witch said "Go back to Jesus?" That makes no sense.

Unless she was into Christian Wicca. I tried that in my more liberal phase of Christianity, and basically it was what led me to deconvert entirely.

I'm agnostic now, but I do think that sometimes rituals can give one peace of mind.

Amethyst,

Yep, she implied she had Christian roots still.

Shawn

It's not you; it's Texas. They bother everyone. I was in the airport for 20 minutes and got hit on by 20 christians. Everyone that got off the plane got it, not just me. Move out of that state as soon as you can.

The important thing to keep in mind is they are ALWAYS going to be out there. Heck, even when I WAS a Christian I used to get them trying to evangelize me. You live in a fundy town, where the fundies try to convert other fundies. I know your deconversion is still kind of raw and getting it pushed in your face is really rubbing salt into it, but if you can adopt the attitude that the Christians are the equivelent of white noise, you'll be much more at ease living where you do and will be targeted a lot less.

When I go downtown, I get Jesus freaks (or beggers, solicitors, musicians, whatever), pushing crap at me constantly. I make it a point to wear my MP3 player and put the earphones in so I have an excuse not to listen. Doesn't always work though.

Someone holds out a tract: I shake my head slightly and put my hand up in the "STOP" gesture then move off.

Waitress or server starts getting pushy: Act like they haven't said anything and go about the business of ordering food or checking out.

Mormons or JC's at the door: Shut the door.

Anybody brings up god: Change the subject. Make it an obvious change of subject.

I've stopped people evangelizing at me before by leaning into their space with an amused smile and saying, "Do you really think I could get through life without ever hearing any of this?" Turns them beet red and they flounder for an excuse and then shut up.

Good luck with your job offer, your court process, and your new life!

I've discovered a wheelchair is a real magnet for fundies. Once, people parked their car and six complete strangers got out. They ran over to me and tried to lay hands and pray over me because their god wanted to "raise me from my affliction."

That scared the crap out of me! :beg: If their god told them to frighten a woman in a wheelchair, they need to trade in their god for a saner one.

Hang tough. You're not alone in this!

CelloChick

When I was a christian I could sense christians. Can't explain why. One of the reasons I am not an atheist and will remain a pagan who believes that there is a spiritual dimension to our world is the many paranormal experiences I have had. Spirits seem to be drawn to me and like to make themselves known. And I can still many times sense when the person I am talking or observing to is a christian, even though I am not anymore. No, my mysticisms don't really go any further than that, LOL.

When I was a christian I could sense christians. Can't explain why. One of the reasons I am not an atheist and will remain a pagan who believes that there is a spiritual dimension to our world is the many paranormal experiences I have had. Spirits seem to be drawn to me and like to make themselves known. And I can still many times sense when the person I am talking or observing to is a christian, even though I am not anymore. No, my mysticisms don't really go any further than that, LOL.

Yeah...if you are sensitive (generate more bio-magnetic energy, I believe), you pick up people easier. But they can pick you up easier too. I can feel a Christian quite a ways off. They have a certain vibe. Like that kid at best buy, I felt him before I saw him. I can feel gang bangers far off too (skin heads/vatos/ect...). People who are very unstable I can pick up also...vagrants, people with bad mental disorders. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, it's just really simple science. You can find out alot by researching MRI (magnetic resonance imaging):

http://www.howstuffworks.com/mri.htm

People and animals give off magnetic negative ions, this is healthy. Positive ions are bad. ALL diseases, viruses, & parasites generate only positive ions. You can kill cancer, flu, bacteria infections, ect...by blasting yourself with a negative ion generator. They are nothing more then microscopic cockroaches, basically. This has been proven in labs around the world...europe is far more liberal with this stuff than the USA. Even Canada is more relaxed with this tech. I personally use 2 generators (they each are different. one of mine does 60,000 gauss!), and have not even had a cold in about 4 years! I used to have a mild skin issue, and that left after a time. Big Pharmacy hates this technology, and has tried to put people in jail over it. Anyway, I use it, it works, I don't even go for medical coverage anymore when I work for some company, I do a 1099, or a w-2 with no medical. Unless I get trashed in a car wreck, I'm good to go. And I have full coverage on my car anyway :-)

Using negative ion tech is proved to increase consciousness and awareness. I suspect since almost all the bugs in you get killed off, the body has far less stress fighting germs all day (and your bio-energy is put to more productive uses) just to keep you 'okay'. Makes the most sense, the germs/flu/ect... are just little appliances pulling power from a person. Reminds me of the Matrix!

If anyone wants, I can list a site that talks about and sells negative ion generators for medical use. They are not that expensive.

Shawn

CelloChick - Scary! They need to be raised from THEIR affliction.

Shawn - I'd be interested in that site, but if they aren't... quite legal, maybe it'd be best to PM it?

Unless you unwittingly said something to draw that kind of puzzling response from the wiccan in the chat room, I'd just consider it an anomaly. I had something like that happen to me once. When my wife and I were investigating arrangements for our wedding I made the initial contact with a Unitarian minister. When I set up an appointment I happened to mention to him that I was an escapee from a Pentecostal church. His demeanor instantly changed, and he suggested that suggested that the UUs might be too liberal and not the sort of church I was looking for for our wedding (Hello!!??? I deliberately sought out an option that was good for atheists, agnostics, and those on the religious left.) My explanations that I (we) were anything but fundies seemed to bounce right off his forehead after that. He went ahead and made an appointment to meet with me and my wife (then fiancee) but he stood us up! It was the weirdest thing I ever saw, but we just went on with our lives and I've never had anything like that happen since.

Point being, there will always be the occasional weird reaction from a corner where it is not expected. It's all the more frequent and likely to happen on an IRC channel where any sort of oddball can just pop up anonymously.

Shawn - I'd be interested in that site, but if they aren't... quite legal, maybe it'd be best to PM it?

Here it is:

http://www.toolsforhealing.com/products/Za...rminatorII.html

They are legal in the US and Canada, it's just Big Pharmacy has tried to squash energy healing. The site is laid out with the proper disclaimers :-)

Shawn

(checks out Shawn's link) Y'know, for $25 worth of miscellaneous electronics parts, I might actually try building one of those zap-o-matic gizmos to see what it does. Thanks!

(downloads schematics, starts rummaging through her parts box and finds she's already got half the stuff in her collection of geekery) Mwahahaha... :D

It's not you; it's Texas. They bother everyone. I was in the airport for 20 minutes and got hit on by 20 christians. Everyone that got off the plane got it, not just me. Move out of that state as soon as you can.

You can't base your idea of a state on the people who hang in the airport, :HaHa: I was accosted by bald robed guys in Salt Lake airport a few years ago, that was a fun layover. Utah sucks BTW.

Shawn

Texas is not populated by xtians alone, that I can promise. Xmas is over, Dallas will turn back into its normal angry unpleasant self in no time. Good luck with your job etc. Just found one myself.

You can't base your idea of a state on the people who hang in the airport, :HaHa: I was accosted by bald robed guys in Salt Lake airport a few years ago, that was a fun layover. Utah sucks BTW.

Shawn

Texas is not populated by xtians alone, that I can promise. Xmas is over, Dallas will turn back into its normal angry unpleasant self in no time. Good luck with your job etc. Just found one myself.

Thank you doomguarder!

Shawn

I'm kinda envious that someone that doesn't want Christians hitting on them gets them. I love it when this happens, but it doesn't very often.

I suggest that you make up a business card that would put them off. Perhaps a card that announces that you are a soul buying agent for Satan. When they start their spiel just quietly hand them your card. If you make it fun, it won't piss you off so much.

I'm kinda envious that someone that doesn't want Christians hitting on them gets them. I love it when this happens, but it doesn't very often.

I suggest that you make up a business card that would put them off. Perhaps a card that announces that you are a soul buying agent for Satan. When they start their spiel just quietly hand them your card. If you make it fun, it won't piss you off so much.

Chefranden, I like that idea!

Hmmm...

Shawn :)

Not sure why you are a magnet for them. As for feeling them, perhaps you are very sensitive to cognative dissonance, and how it causes people to act?

I can often tell a Christian or other religious person from the outset. Hunting animals such as rapists and lionesses are also excellent at spotting the weak in a crowd. It's generally body language, especially a walk that indicates 'I can't run fast

or 'I am not a determined person' or 'I am not at home here'

but also, as many people will know, animals are also good at avoiding the diseased.

I haven't really paid attention to whether I can detect a Christian without seeing him or her, but I can definitely tell when someone wants to evangelize me. It's the goofy smile, the feigned friendliness, the awkward introduction. I was walking to my friend's photography show downtown about a month ago, and a guy caught up to me on roller skates: "Hey, how's it going? What's your name?"... and after a couple minutes of small talk, "hey, listen, do you go to church around here?" I knew before he even said anything that he was going to tell me about the love of Jesus, but being the nice guy that I am, I couldn't just tell him to fuck off, so I entertained his questions for five minutes until I reached the gallery and told him to have a nice evening.

I think that Christians probably do send off a certain type of energy, that of a happy child who is contentedly oblivious to reality.