Goodbye Jesus

I Notice That Christians Don't Bother To Post Here

Kelli

I don't mean to dredge up old issues, but I used to post here a few years back and only left when one of the regulars resorted to posting my personal information on the internet, including wife's name, city and address, etc. I found that to be intolerable and dropped out at that point. What level of desperation causes a non-believer to resort to this? I think I can be dealt with using more reasonable means.

moving forwad,

td

Wow that's a pretty strong accusation. Who was that and does he particpate here anymore?

I don't know and it doesnt matter as it appears the archives are gone. I'm willing to give it another chance as I detect a more mature atmosphere here than back then.

As a believer, I find that forums like this are interesting and challenging. I constantly struggle to free myself from dogma and assumptions and am always open to exploring and understanding the limitations of my faith. As long as everybody plays nice. And... I have no illusions of converting anybody either.

td

Your story sounds like a lie to me. There's NO WAY you wouldn't know who did something like this - if you remember that it was done, you remember who did it. Therefore, it didn't happen. This is the sort of lie that Xians tell here all the time. Unsubstantiated claims and lies seem to be a big part of Xianity.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shaman

• tdsurf

• Amethyst

• Lycorth

Oh it's possible it happened but I'm quite sure the Mods would squash whomever did it. In any case, it can happen on any site.

You'd think they'd be clamoring to post here and convert us heathens.

Before registration became mandatory (aaaah, them goo' ol' times...) there was a regular fundie parade in here every day.

Shows that they don't think it's not worth the effort - shows that they're all fucking trolls, too afraid to permit anyone to possibly identify fhem... :fdevil:

The fundamentalist Christians who come here tend to follow a pattern, though. An opening salvo of “I’m a christian, and I know I can convince you that I’m right” type posts. This is followed by a prolific back and forth as members here blast argument after argument to smithereens. The fundamentalist then engages in a number of strategic retreats from debate. After that, it’s only a matter of time until they disappear altogether, or are kicked off for wasting space with fruitless posts.

Yup, that's it in a nutshell.

There are a number of Christian forums on the internet, but I never see an ex-christian coming onto those sites and hammering at believers.

Dude, could that possibly be because as soon as some n00b starts posting anything there that reveals her to be a non-believer, that poster gets banned for some hypocritical reason? :scratch:

Of all the jebus cult sites I've ever checked out, the single one that doesn't immediately ban any dissenters is christianforums.com - and there "we unbelievers" are tolerated only in a few forums of the whole big site, as long as we don't dare to seriously disagree with their dogma.

Shows how fragile and weak the cultists' dogma is. Unless it's permanently sheltered from the harsh weather of skeptical inquiry it collapses sooner than you can say "holy shit!".

I think there are just a lot of other things to do in life than anonymous proselytizing. Doesn't that make a little more sense?

Kudos to you for seeing it that way. Sadly, many other "christians" obviously think (ha!) that there's nothing more important in the whole world than acting like a moron for jebus.

Why should they waste their time here? Are you going to post on Crosswalks? All because one is a Christian dont mean they are stupid. They know they will be out numbered 100-1 Thats like me a Hetro sexula going to a gay board and tring to set everyone strait....How sucessful will that be..?

Come on why do even ask stupid questions like this?

Why should they waste their time here? Are you going to post on Crosswalks? All because one is a Christian dont mean they are stupid. They know they will be out numbered 100-1 Thats like me a Hetro sexula going to a gay board and tring to set everyone strait....How sucessful will that be..?

Well, you are definitely wasting your time here, honey...time that could be more fruitfully passed in an English class or studying a dictionary.

Are you really the formerly-banned The Jesus, spoofing everyone again? It's obvious that you are some kind of spoof, because "people" like you don't exist in the real world.

Apparently it's not as much of a waste of time as you claim it is, since you've now been whining about how much of a waste of time it is for the past three hours and you're still here.

I don't mean to dredge up old issues, but I used to post here a few years back and only left when one of the regulars resorted to posting my personal information on the internet, including wife's name, city and address, etc. I found that to be intolerable and dropped out at that point. What level of desperation causes a non-believer to resort to this? I think I can be dealt with using more reasonable means.

moving forwad,

td

Wow that's a pretty strong accusation. Who was that and does he particpate here anymore?

I don't know and it doesnt matter as it appears the archives are gone. I'm willing to give it another chance as I detect a more mature atmosphere here than back then.

As a believer, I find that forums like this are interesting and challenging. I constantly struggle to free myself from dogma and assumptions and am always open to exploring and understanding the limitations of my faith. As long as everybody plays nice. And... I have no illusions of converting anybody either.

td

tds:

I catch anyone pulling that kind of monkeyshit, their lease on the use of ExC's services will be terminated immediately.

Not aware of your problems prior, however I am here in part to ensure ALL users of the Bosses boards do so with the ability to enjoy and partake to the level they wish participate. Bullshit like *outing* someone and posting highly private information that gains nothing in the conversations will be dealt with by ExC's 100 Pound Hammer of Doom.

k, LowToleranceForIdiots, FL

moving forwad,

td

td

tds:

I catch anyone pulling that kind of monkeyshit, their lease on the use of ExC's services will be terminated immediately.

Not aware of your problems prior, however I am here in part to ensure ALL users of the Bosses boards do so with the ability to enjoy and partake to the level they wish participate. Bullshit like *outing* someone and posting highly private information that gains nothing in the conversations will be dealt with by ExC's 100 Pound Hammer of Doom.

k, LowToleranceForIdiots, FL

This guy seems to remember me...

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?show...w=&st=&

As I remember, I tried repeatedly to get a discussion going in basic debate manner with one-on-one, stay on topic and refrain from insulting others format, until we could come to some resolution. I was basically bombarded with dozens of posts and attempted to respond to as many as I could but my presence aggravated some people to the point they only wanted me to go away and resorted to posting personal info which I found threatening. My impression is that most people here really dont want Christians posting, so they "chase them away" adn try to drown them out. There appears to be a conflict of intentions on this site.

Again, I'm not here to bring up old stuff, but somebody above did call BS on me.

On topic: It is delusional to think Christians don't post here simply because they can't hack facing the "truth". I think it has more to do (for me anyway) with the lack of civility on the part of some posters here. The threads seem to quickly resort to slander and insults, purposelyl misusing Christian terminology, mocking and childishness. I wouldn't associate with Christians who resort to such behavior neither, why would I want to dialogue with peopel who behave thus?

I will stick around if I am welcome. I'm not a skilled debator but possibly the debate forum interests me.

td

On topic: It is delusional to think Christians don't post here simply because they can't hack facing the "truth". I think it has more to do (for me anyway) with the lack of civility on the part of some posters here. The threads seem to quickly resort to slander and insults, purposelyl misusing Christian terminology, mocking and childishness. I wouldn't associate with Christians who resort to such behavior neither, why would I want to dialogue with peopel who behave thus?

I've never seen anyone deliberately distort Xian mythology or teachings here. Having been a Xian for quite some time, and being familiar with the stuff that's talked about most, I can vouch for the folks here.

All we've done is be honest about the disgusting parts of Xianity, things that most Xians try to ignore or gloss over. Sure, that pisses off some Xians, who, I'm willing to bet, don't take a heck of a lot of time trying to understand the position of the "hellbound."

That, and I've seen plenty of Xians come in here and behave in an insulting fashion, act as if they are better than everyone else because of their religion, and in general ask for the treatment they get.

Again, it's the same old song with only a different performer :Wendywhatever:

I've never seen anyone deliberately distort Xian mythology or teachings here. Having been a Xian for quite some time, and being familiar with the stuff that's talked about most, I can vouch for the folks here.

All we've done is be honest about the disgusting parts of Xianity, things that most Xians try to ignore or gloss over. Sure, that pisses off some Xians, who, I'm willing to bet, don't take a heck of a lot of time trying to understand the position of the "hellbound."

That, and I've seen plenty of Xians come in here and behave in an insulting fashion, act as if they are better than everyone else because of their religion, and in general ask for the treatment they get.

Again, it's the same old song with only a different performer :Wendywhatever:

Varokhar you make some very valid points. I notice there is somewhat more respect in the some of the threads I have read, but I think using terms like Bibble, or Jebus or other deliberate distortions of Christian terms are attempts to mock, insult and provoke and do nothing to promote respectful dialogue. I can't imagine going over to the Islamic forums and doing that and then expecting to get positive results with Muslims.

I'm not finding fault here. The topic is why more Christians don't post on this site and I think it is not so much the content that keeps them away as it is the method of delivery.

OTOH, Christians can be just as guilty of childish behavior than any other group of people and I dont think Christians are really any different than anybody else. That Christians are somehow better than other people is a fallacy that does more harm to the Christian faith. Expectations of Christians are way out of proportion to man's abilities. Some of my best friends are atheists and they are wonderful people, caring and forgiving. People are just people.

td

Varokhar you make some very valid points. I notice there is somewhat more respect in the some of the threads I have read, but I think using terms like Bibble, or Jebus or other deliberate distortions of Christian terms are attempts to mock, insult and provoke and do nothing to promote respectful dialogue. I can't imagine going over to the Islamic forums and doing that and then expecting to get positive results with Muslims.

I use those terms because I despise Xianity. Furthermore, this is an anti-xian website, so such language should be expected. It's not as if I'm going to a Xian forum, using my "colorful" terminology and then demanding that no one get offended.

You see, you are the visitor, not me.

I'm not finding fault here. The topic is why more Christians don't post on this site and I think it is not so much the content that keeps them away as it is the method of delivery.

Personally, I think most people just don't want to get into internet flame-wars, and that is why most Xians don't come here - and why we don't seek them out. Most people would rather just discuss their ideas with those who think as they do, because it's generally peaceful, and humans like peace.

I'm sure some Xians are afraid to go to an Atheist forum and try to debate, perhaps because they're not sure-footed in their reasons for their belief. But generally, most people just don't want to make a big deal out of everything, including religion, despite how Xians are encouraged to go out and make a big deal of their religion.

OTOH, Christians can be just as guilty of childish behavior than any other group of people and I dont think Christians are really any different than anybody else. That Christians are somehow better than other people is a fallacy that does more harm to the Christian faith. Expectations of Christians are way out of proportion to man's abilities. Some of my best friends are atheists and they are wonderful people, caring and forgiving. People are just people.

Well, you've made a good impression with that. It's unusual to hear a Xian make such remarks. You've shown yourself to be polite where 99% of the Xians who come here fail.

Just keep it up, or we'll get ya ;)

td

I don't remember you being here before, but if you are still up for any 1-on-1 public dialogue I am open to that, and we can set the rules ourselves.

Guest BradtheImpaler
The lurkers see how we run the braver ones off and they don't dare try themselves. Only the most dull witted amongst them don't realize that they can't counter logic with faith.

That is a bold assumption. Do you imagine that there are hundreds of lurking Christians standing on the interenet sidelines trembling in fear, hoping that a 'David' will come along and slay the ex-christian 'Goliath'.

There are a number of Christian forums on the internet, but I never see an ex-christian coming onto those sites and hammering at believers.

I think there are just a lot of other things to do in life than anonymous proselytizing. Doesn't that make a little more sense?

td

Where do you get that from? :twitch: From what I've seen, Christian forums always seem have a significant number of atheists/agnostics posting, (many of whom are ex-Christians) MUCH more than the number of Christians posting on sites like this.

if there is a lack of christian on this site, I will volunteer myself to be that christian and we can have some fun. I might not know much about the bible but I can sure fake the funk when timely needed.

if there is a lack of christian on this site, I will volunteer myself to be that christian and we can have some fun. I might not know much about the bible but I can sure fake the funk when timely needed.

Actually I think that is all you do is "fake".

I think we all can be fakers if we really accepted it.

So I'll try not to generalize anything here, I'll just use myself as a case study. Was born an Atheist, becomes a Christian, cross over to shamanist so does that makes me an exchristian? I really tried hard to be a good Christian but I'm just faking the funk. So can anyone relate since they once were a fake christian too?

True Atheist born an Atheist and stays that way and if that's so, you're in the wrong forum buddy

So I'll try not to generalize anything here, I'll just use myself as a case study. Was born an Atheist, becomes a Christian, cross over to shamanist so does that makes me an exchristian? I really tried hard to be a good Christian but I'm just faking the funk. So can anyone relate since they once were a fake christian too?

True Atheist born an Atheist and stays that way and if that's so, you're in the wrong forum buddy

You said you'd offer to fake being a Christian so we could attack you "to have some fun". I think that is silly and I replied I think all you do is fake, I don't believe you are a real shaman in the first place.

And when did I ever say that I have always been an Atheist?

:scratch: I'm confused. Is that what Shamans do is go around confusing people on internet forums? :shrug:

oh wow..you're Member No.: 342

I will respect your dedication to this site.

If you can find me a Shamanism site, I would love to go where I belong. Lets just say that I'm lost and confused at the moment, just like you when you said you're confused as I quoted you from above.

You said you'd offer to fake being a Christian so we could attack you "to have some fun". I think that is silly and I replied I think all you do is fake, I don't believe you are a real shaman in the first place.

And when did I ever say that I have always been an Atheist?

so you're not always been an Atheist? well let me just take this quote back.. "True Atheist born an Atheist and stays that way"

well the topic of this thread says it all...someone noticed that christian don't bother to post here. Without Christian running around here, how bias is this forum? It might not be the teaching of the shama to take a bullet if one needed someone to shoot at but hey, at least I'm offering. Something not many people can really do.

If you can find me a Shamanism site, I would love to go where I belong. Lets just say that I'm lost and confused at the moment, just like you when you said you're confused as I quoted you from above.

Just out of curiosity, what led you to seeing shamanism as the way for you?

so you're not always been an Atheist? well let me just take this quote back.. "True Atheist born an Atheist and stays that way"

well the topic of this thread says it all...someone noticed that christian don't bother to post here. Without Christian running around here, how bias is this forum? It might not be the teaching of the shama to take a bullet if one needed someone to shoot at but hey, at least I'm offering. Something not many people can really do.

But don't you understand that it would be silly for you to pretend to be a Christian just for the sake of entertainment? This site does fine without Christians... because it is an Ex-Christian forum.

Just out of curiosity, what led you to seeing shamanism as the way for you?

I'm glad you asked.

well quite frankly, it was easy. Christian believe in a heaven and hell. You good, you in heaven, you bad, you in hell. Well within my culture, family is a big thing. We want to be reunited with our families again when we die but Christianity forbids that and it sunk my heart knowing that my great great to the 1000x can not be reunited with me for I am a sinner or maybe it is the other way around for he is a sinner for he is in hell.

Here is a Shaman support group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Visionary_Shamanism/

And another: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shamanism2/

Here is a website with forums: http://shamanscave.com/?gclid=CJyzpLfQ2YkCFR1EWAodhHjr9A

Don't feel alone, hook up with Shamans in your area. www.meetup.com

thanks and if i somehow disappear from this forum, you'll know where to find me as I will create my own army of non believers in Christ.