Goodbye Jesus

I Notice That Christians Don't Bother To Post Here

Kelli

thanks and if i somehow disappear from this forum, you'll know where to find me as I will create my own army of non believers in Christ.

:wave:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shaman

• tdsurf

• Amethyst

• Lycorth

Er...you know, there is a little thing called google.

http://www.google.com

Type in shamanism. Have yourself a blast.

Er...you know, there is a little thing called google.

http://www.google.com

Type in shamanism. Have yourself a blast.

well one can type in.. Logic & Rationality. God = NULL in google search

and the result is ugly... ERROR

Dude, you don't even get when people are trying to help you, do you? :ugh: Wtf is your problem? Seriously.

Nope, this is the result

Nope, this is the result

LOL, Ex-Christian comes up in the top 3 links. :grin:

Dude, you don't even get when people are trying to help you, do you? :ugh: Wtf is your problem? Seriously.

If I say...may god bless you or I shall pray for you, would you get offended since you do not need such help?

If I say...may god bless you or I shall pray for you, would you get offended since you do not need such help?

To be honest, I would just ignore you. Why do you care so much about what we think anyway, or whether we are offended by you? We are simply strangers to you on the internet. You are, most likely, never going to meet any of us. So why do you care what we think?

Nope, this is the result

LOL, Ex-Christian comes up in the top 3 links. :grin:

and google too is an exchristian..

lets not try to prove on it...LOL

OTOH, Christians can be just as guilty of childish behavior than any other group of people and I dont think Christians are really any different than anybody else. That Christians are somehow better than other people is a fallacy that does more harm to the Christian faith. Expectations of Christians are way out of proportion to man's abilities. Some of my best friends are atheists and they are wonderful people, caring and forgiving. People are just people.td

:scratch: What the heck is the use of a God of Goodness that can't or won't make you good? One might as well throw this Jesus on the ash heap with Zeus and the other 10,000 failed gods. Were I you, and I'm not, I'd sit under the Bodhi Tree until this made sense.

I can't help but wonder if Shaman is on his way to being banned.

Me too.

Me too.

And so he should. Only real ex-Christians should mock people here. Down with the fake fakers. Ban them all.

Me too.

And so he should. Only real ex-Christians should mock people here. Down with the fake fakers. Ban them all.

Why Inspecto.... I never knew you were a Real Ex-Christian

Little hint... you're no good at sarcasm.

No good at sarcasm?

No really, ban them all.

I wonder why Christians don't post here?

Oh yeah, ban them all.

Oh yeah, ban them all.

So why don't Christians post here?

• Admin
No good at sarcasm?

No really, ban them all.

Oh yeah, ban them all.

Oh yeah, ban them all.

If you really want to be banned, that can be arranged. :god:

InspectoDick, no Xian has ever been banned from this site that I am aware of. Someone who followed some weird blend of Xian/Mooselim/New Age did get his ass kicked out recently, but he was given plenty of chances to actually make sense and failed.

Unlike Xian forums, who regularly ban non-xians and anyone who criticizes the Scum of Gawd™ :rolleyes:

Fitting, for a religion whose fans have murdered and oppressed millions just to enforce Xian dogma.

I know you think you're a tough-guy for Jebus and that you'll impress your heavenly boyfriend by trying to be half the asshole he is, but all you provide is good humor and further examples of why literal interpretations of Xianity is a bad thing (considering the kinds of people it turns out).

So, keep up the lame attempts at sarcasm, help us to demonstrate why Xianity sucks, and keep the giggles coming - until you get your ass kicked out, too. :HaHa:

No good at sarcasm?

No really, ban them all.

Oh yeah, ban them all.

Oh yeah, ban them all.

internet_tough_guy_magazine.jpg

OTOH, Christians can be just as guilty of childish behavior than any other group of people and I dont think Christians are really any different than anybody else. That Christians are somehow better than other people is a fallacy that does more harm to the Christian faith. Expectations of Christians are way out of proportion to man's abilities. Some of my best friends are atheists and they are wonderful people, caring and forgiving. People are just people.td

:scratch: What the heck is the use of a God of Goodness that can't or won't make you good? One might as well throw this Jesus on the ash heap with Zeus and the other 10,000 failed gods. Were I you, and I'm not, I'd sit under the Bodhi Tree until this made sense.

So which is it? Are Christians worse, better, or the same as non-Christians? (Assuming you can define what makes a person "good" or not.) It is a fallacy among most non-christians and many christians that followers of Christ are supposed to be somehow transcended or better than everybody else. I couldn't even tell you where this idea originates but it's not in the Bible. Do you know where you got that idea from?

The Bible has a definition of good and it is pretty clear that there are no "good" people other than Jesus who alone is sinless. All have sinned and fall short of God's goodness. Christians are not good until Jesus presents them to the Father as blameless. The apostle Paul explains that the purpose of the OT law was to demonstrate that man cannot achieve God's "goodness" through our own efforts, therefore the requirement for Christ to do it for us.

There are varying degress of "good" as men define the term and it comes down to the individual, not the label. I think that some Buddhists, Taoists, Atheists, Christians, Muslims... etc do a pretty good job of being "good" by striving for it and some suck at it so basically we are all in the same boat.

It is late and I am tired. Being the ascii impaired that I am, I am seeing that internet discussions about religion are pretty much fruitless unless you take the time to pre-define the meaning of words. This appears to be tedious and taxing to most people. Would you agree?

td

So which is it? Are Christians worse, better, or the same as non-Christians? (Assuming you can define what makes a person "good" or not.) It is a fallacy among most non-christians and many christians that followers of Christ are supposed to be somehow transcended or better than everybody else. I couldn't even tell you where this idea originates but it's not in the Bible. Do you know where you got that idea from?

From Xians themselves. Most evangelical or otherwise very serious Xians behave like Xianity will make you an instant moral paragon, and that Xianity is the moral cure-all for all the ills of the world.

Also, the tripe about the Jews being "God's Chosen" in the Old Testament was carried over by Xians and applied to all who accepted Xianity. In the eyes of fundies especially, believers in Jebus are The Chosen™ and therefore special because of it.

There are varying degress of "good" as men define the term and it comes down to the individual, not the label. I think that some Buddhists, Taoists, Atheists, Christians, Muslims... etc do a pretty good job of being "good" by striving for it and some suck at it so basically we are all in the same boat.

I'm inclined to agree. Xians are no better than anyone else, despite what the usual propaganda from the pulpits say. Believing in Jebus doesn't make a person better or more worthy of anything, including any sort of pleasure in any sort of afterlife, and to claim so is nothing more than ego-stroking, though few will admit to or even realize this.

Not believing in Jesus doesn't make a person better or more worthy of anything, and to claim so is nothing more than ego-stroking, though few will admit to or even realize this.

Not believing in Jesus doesn't make a person better or more worthy of anything, and to claim so is nothing more than ego-stroking, though few will admit to or even realize this.
True enough. There are numerous other false hopes to place one's belief in - hundreds of religions to choose from, millions of drugs and vices to drown in, countless problems to run from and never face because of fear. I don't think anyone here is saying that NOT believing in Jesus makes them a better person - indeed, without some hardcore word-wrestling and mental gymnastics I think you'd be hard-pressed to find even a single case where someone claimed to be better than a Christian because they do NOT believe in Jesus on this website. I don't think that's the point, pug.

The question here is not the quality of the person - anyone can claim to be aligned with an ideal without fully believing in it - but the quality of the ideal. Being non-Christian - or even ex-Christian - means different things.