Goodbye Jesus

True Grit Lady

Ex-COG

"Don't you think that with this kind of group you would be better off just being nice"

Sorry, I don't do "nice" I have issues with "nice". Being real is the best you get from me.

This coming from a Christ Cultist......

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truegrit

• Lycorth

• white_raven23

• roman

No, he has it pretty much correct about christian community. It baffled me when you said there were alot of misunderstandings about Christianity here when many of us were christians for a long time. I understand it quite well. If the church is getting more progressive on women's role in the church, it is not because of the bible.

Exactly. We understand it perfectly; we just don't make excuses for it anymore.

Maybe if I got into a Lucy Lawless outfit? Nope...I'm 53...you don't want to see that, believe me.

>

Truegrit, I see you struggle with sexual sins. Are you a lesbian...a 'gay' Christian? Sorry I am so direct, I'm just 'real'.

Keepin' it real in Carn Dum, 'Old Skool' (1409 T.A.)

Shawn :)

Ms Grit has indeed reached the Peter Pinnacle in this discussion..

kFL

And if you weren't lazy you could find it on my site.

What a respectful lady.

***SLAP***!!!!!!!

Hey TG, turn me the other cheek. That last slap was the left cheek. I now want to slap the right cheek next.

Give it to me, honeychops!

This would be an interesting topic. Not the least reason being that there are lots of misunderstandings about Christianity lumped together with hasty generalizations here. Alert me when you get it posted.

Oops, sorry forgot to post the link in here: http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?show...mp;#entry247175

Hey Antlerman:

Under "any gods" -

Is that your way of saying "I LIKE PIE." ?

:HaHa:

"it somehow validates the truthfulness of it?" It kind of works that way to my thinking. I wouldn't argue some of these things personally right now- it was just how I was seeing it.

"your religion because of what it did to us" This is a very interesting statement. It has strong tones of victimization. And that is where I would look for the basis of the anger and hurt. But the "religion" is not an active entity. If it is as false as you say, it has no power. If no power, then someone else is to blame, but you seem to be blaming God for having this religion about Himself. Not that you are, because I can't say I fully understand victimization. I've been a doormat at times, but I tend to take control of my life and responsibility for myself -probably more than is truly healthy... but the Lord that you describe is not the one I know, even though we think we are addressing identical terms here.

I see what you are saying, but disagree with your conclusions, you say religion has no power unless it is real, but that doesn't really seem very reasonable, have you ever studied sociology? The power of group think and meme's DO have power, even if they are false. religion or not, if lots of people believe in something, that something HAS power even if it is a false belief.

I don't blame a nonexistent god for my problems, (there might be a god, but he is not the self contradicting Christian god) Nor do I blame others for my involvement with the christian religion, it was MY bad choice and I have to live with it.

You see, it is not that I feel victimized by other Christians. For sure, other Christians did hurt me, but this is not what made me leave. You see I feel "victimized" by the very world view espoused in Christian theology. It was not the people that made me hate Christianity, but the things I was forced to believe and think to be a "good" Christian.

Of course I believed these things because I was required too, I spent countless hours trying to understand and justify the bibles worse passages (genocide and the like)

I naturally thought it didn't make much sense to be so homophobic, but I did so because it was the "Christian" thing to do (I understand that you likely don't think that saying homosexuality is a sin is the same as being homophobic, I no longer make such a silly distinction between the two)

In the end I almost had a complete nervous break down from the stress of the intellectual discord of what seemed reasonable, and what my religion was TELLING me was reasonable.

Now if you want to say that you were abused and exploited by those in this religion, I understand that- I've seen it, and I oppose it with more than just a "tsk tsk". I am sometimes hated by my own for my confrontational ways. I have had to have more than one dressing down myself. That is why I don't see my refusal to sit in judgment and execution as weakness. And further... I have found when you stand for what is right that you can be accused of being judgmental when that is not the case. The right thing is what places the judgment by virtue of its antithesis.

Hey, I'm not going to call you judgmental for standing for what you believe is right, I've had Christians tell ME I was the close minded judgmental bigot for telling them to stop being homophobic.....people have a habit of speaking without thinking.

See, if you've been hurt, then that is what I am really unhappy about...what I would like to shame out of my fellow Christians and convict myself if guilty of it( ahem, I never said I was above shame tactics...they are simply useless here...) This is if I can see the case, I guess...

{sorry for the typos, had to edit a bit}

Again, I hurt myself more, by forcing myself to believe that which seemed absurd to me, than anything Christians ever did.